What is Your favorite genre of music and who is your favorite artist?

#1. Favourite Genre: Hip-Hop
Favourite Artist: Eminem (Slim Shady Alter Ego to be more specific)

#2. Favourite Genre: Dance/Techno/House/w.e. the hell you wanna call it
Favourite Artist: Deadmau5 & Tiesto

I don't have a favorite genre.

but there are 2 genre's that are a little less than the rest.

and that is 60% of country songs 60% of rap songs.
(I like country and rap, it's just the kind people like the most that shows on radio are complete garbage most of the time)

IF I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO PICK

Trance/Rock are probably my 2 top.

My favorite genre is Post Hardcore and my favorite bands are Of Mice & Men, For The Fallen Dreams, Black Tide, Attack Attack!, The Paramedic

Last edited:
I consistently like classical and jazz, though I do appreciate music from other genres. As far as bands and composers are concerned, a few that I like include George Gershwin, AC/DC, and James Horner.

The only genre I listen to is metal. However, I don't really have a singular "favorite band". Bands I listen to include Megadeth, Slayer, Black Sabbath (Ozzy and Dio eras), Dio, solo Ozzy (in particular, the Randy Rhoads and Zakk Wylde eras), Black Label Society, Accept, Anthrax (Belladonna era), Iron Maiden (Dickinson era), Metallica (first four albums) Judas Priest, Forbidden, Overkill, Motorhead, Cannibal Corpse, Death, King Diamond, Venom, Pantera, Arch Enemy, Lamb Of God, Children Of Bodom, and whatever material Tim "Ripper" Owens is working on (even though he's primarily known for replacing, and eventually being replaced by upon their return, Rob Halford and Matt Barlow from Judas Priest and Iced Earth, respectively, I still think Ripper Owens is a damn good singer).

Last edited:
my favorite type of music is metal. and i dont like breaking it down to like 30 different kinds, i just dont like that rock n roll crap that everyone who doesnt like metal calls metal. and i dont really have a favorite artist. i just like lots of bands.

i just dont like that rock n roll crap that everyone who doesnt like metal calls metal.

tell me about it lol. I got the same mindset as you. I dont really mind any of these bands, I just ignore them, but when people start to associate them with metal, then I got a reason to not like them.

People always use pop artists as the "worst enemy" of metal, but anyone who says that has no idea what they are talking about. Pop has nothing to do with metal at all. Its there for the mainstream and it serves its purpose of keeping them away. You see this stupid shit on every single video.

you say x I say y
you say x I say y
99% of teens blah blah blah.

Anyone who types that shit on youtube is a poser. And the bands they think are better than pop are usually always psudo metal anyway that ironicly sound like pop. You know your A7X type of shit. That's the type of music that people falsely think is metal

@sky valley: lol i mean stuff like kiss and poison and guns n roses. alot of people consider that metal. and theres even people who consider stuff like def leppard or aerosmith metal... lmao. then i suggest to listen to slipknot or lamb of god or devildriver and they freak out and think your gunna kill them or somethin. them im thinking wow thank god i didnt suggest behemoth or cannibal corpse.

so really my favorite type of music is metal thats actually metal.... and thats actually heavy. lots of bands fit in that category and lots dont.

Last edited:
Metal isn't the end-all, be-all music genre. It's probably one of the most highly-dependent on other genres of genres of music. Thus, I listen to a lot of other stuff.

Good old British Heavy Metal

Iron Maiden, who I saw for the 11th time this year.

Hip Hop - Favorite Artist Aesop Rock, Wu-Tang, WC, Tech N9ne, Spice 1

Electronic remixes, chillouts, trip hop and the like

Chinese Instrumentals and piano

Gay music - George Michael, Michael Bolton, Jefferson Starship,

Classics - Fallout ost's

I cannot live without these genres. Pretty broad, but honest. If I had to only have one, I'd probably go with Electro, since the library is much larger. Aesop Rock for life though

Last edited:
As for more specific subgenres of hip hop that I would call my favorites, I would have to say conscious hip hop, jazz rap, alternative hip hop, and instrumental hip hop

The only types of hip hop that I pretty much won't listen to and don't like are trap rap and pop rap (basically today's mainstream hip hop)

And as for artists? I've already said Nas, others would include Black Star (Mos Def and Talib Kweli), Pac, Big L, AZ, CL Smooth, Common, Kendrick Lamar (favorite modern rapper), Jon Connor (another modern favorite), Mr. Lif, and Vast Aire

Those are just my favorites, though, there are a ton of other artists that I like and are probably forgetting

Last edited:
Trance/Ambient - Vibrasphere

Metal - Killswitch Engage

Rock - Can't pick a favorite but I have to go say ACDC

Chillout Trance is one of my favorite Trance sub-genres but I can't list an artist since I can't remember most of them lol.

Pop:
- Artists: Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Christina Aguilera, P!nk, Ke$ha, Rihanna, Kelly Clarkson, Nicole Scherzinger, Selena Gomez, Avril Lavigne, Madonna, Vanessa Carlton, Michelle Branch, Christina Perri, and more.

R&B/ Hip-Hop
- Artists: Beyonce, Eminem, Lil' Kim, Nikki Minaj, Ciara, Mary J. Blige, Black Eyed Peas, and a few others who sound similar.

Alternative/Rock:
- Artists: Hoobastank, Nickelback, Evanescence, and a few others who sound similar.

Latin:
- Shakira, Pitbull, Becky G, and a few others who sound similar.

Anything that fits my mood basically.

favorite Genre, Rock and Metal
Favorite Artists : OOMPH, Rammstein, Dio, Black Sabbath , Rob Zombie, Alice in CHains , Seether, Evanescence, Ozzy Osbourne