What Grinds your Gears, part 2

Two Questions:
1) Do you ever record these? Lol.
2) Are you talking about a real wedding or a wedding in WoW?

1.) I don't know what you mean.
2.) Real wedding

I might be a huge fan of the game, but I don't role play. I also like to explain a lot.

Last edited:
Mortal Kombat related - that Mileena didn't get a Klassic MK2 costume in MK9 like Jade and Kitana. Ugh.

General video game related;
- "Video games make kids violent!!!" No, parents who fail to notice that big fat red 18 on the game cover and still let their kids play are the problem. If your kid hasn't been taught that gunning people down is a crappy thing to do (whatever they see in the mostly fake media) then that reflects on you as a parent.
- "This game is violent against women" because the protagonist killed one woman... immediately after just killing 200 men.

In real life;
- People on the bus or train who are constantly on the phone the whole way. I don't want to hear your half of a conversation in my ear for 20 minutes non-stop thanks, it won't kill you to put it down for a while.
- People who are just too happy to be up so early in the morning to go to work. Don't attempt small talk with me until at least 11AM
- Overly pious religious people who expect you to respect their draconian morals and bigotry, and cry oppression when you don't. Being told you're a bigoted violent bully for shaming female sexuality or harassing LGBT people is not you as a Christian or Muslim experiencing hate, it's you coming into conflict with modern rational values.

Last edited:
Mortal Kombat related - that Mileena didn't get a Klassic MK2 costume in MK9 like Jade and Kitana. Ugh.

General video game related;
- "Video games make kids violent!!!" No, parents who fail to notice that big fat red 18 on the game cover and still let their kids play are the problem. If your kid hasn't been taught that gunning people down is a crappy thing to do (whatever they see in the mostly fake media) then that reflects on you as a parent.
- "This game is violent against women" because the protagonist killed one woman... immediately after just killing 200 men.

In real life;
- People on the bus or train who are constantly on the phone the whole way. I don't want to hear your half of a conversation in my ear for 20 minutes non-stop thanks, it won't kill you to put it down for a while.
- People who are just too happy to be up so early in the morning to go to work. Don't attempt small talk with me until at least 11AM
- Overly pious religious people who expect you to respect their draconian morals and bigotry, and cry oppression when you don't. Being told you're a bigoted violent bully for shaming female sexuality or harassing LGBT people is not you as a Christian or Muslim experiencing hate, it's you coming into conflict with modern rational values.

Yes, but at least she got her Deception inspired outfit (one of my favorites) :)
1793043-mileena_alt_costume.png

And Lol..I hate morning people too; I'm nocturnal.
Person: "GOOD MORNING"
Me: ...hey..

I like that Deception-inspired outfit too, it's probably my favourite in MK9 alongside her MK3

Her default and that bandage costume are a mess, they're so ridiculously sexual it's almost comical haha

Yeah, I didn't bother getting her Flesh Pit costume. The others are more aesthetically pleasing anyway.. how is an ace bandage wrapped around a body sexy? o-o;;

I do like her default, but more so in purple than pink/magenta.

I like that Deception-inspired outfit too, it's probably my favourite in MK9 alongside her MK3

Her default and that bandage costume are a mess, they're so ridiculously sexual it's almost comical haha
Her Deception alternate is what got me started with calling her a slut to begin with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

In terms of MK, the lack of attention to continuity and storylines.

I used to love the mythology aspect of MK during the days of MKDA and MKD and everything felt so intertwined and connected and expansive, but that feeling doesn't really exist for me in MK9 or MKX. Well, maybe a little bit more in MKX, but mostly not as much. Not to mention the barrage of contradictions in the writing the game has suffered starting with Deception and moving forward. Or when dead characters are inexplicably revived with no explanation.

So far MK9 and MKX have done good about keeping the continuity well for their story since NRS was established, but by the time Shaolin Monks Armageddon came around the story was completely non-sensical and all over the place. I just wish the ideas of the new timeline felt as cool to me as the events of the PS2 generation, but that's just personal preference. =p

I still think Mileena's a slut. I guarantee you would have lost your shit over my debates about that had you been there to witness them...especially when the MKX komics were rolling out.

The empress cares not what you think of her..activities. But nah it's your opinion. There are characters that I don't really care for either, while others love them.

The empress cares not what you think of her..activities. But nah it's your opinion. There are characters that I don't really care for either, while others love them.
Well, [MENTION=10998]iViTal[/MENTION] would actually go the opposite direction when I told him his favorite character was a slut by saying something to the effect of "Yeah...Mileena's MY slut!" or some shit like that.

Anywho, back on topic. My Rottweiler mix just got diagnosed with arthritis in her hips.

Well, [MENTION=10998]iViTal[/MENTION] would actually go the opposite direction when I told him his favorite character was a slut by saying something to the effect of "Yeah...Mileena's MY slut!" or some shit like that.

Anywho, back on topic. My Rottweiler mix just got diagnosed with arthritis in her hips.

Damn, I should have said that lol.
Hope your dog isn't in too much pain though, that sucks.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

This Generation of Gaming.
I'm not gonna be that guy crying over optional content like Pre-Orders, DLC, and Microtransactions. I'm not gonna be that guy crying over getting remasters, especially when Remasters and ports were always a thing in every generation. And I'm not gonna be that guy crying over "lack of content" which isn't an actual lack thereof as a majority of games for the past few generations were 5-10hrs or less for $60 (If you purchased any of the original 4 Sonic the Hedgehog games, you/your parents literally spent $80 on a 1.5 hour long game).

However, the games we've been getting range from Ok to borderline trash. A majority of these borderline trash games are sequels. Not even saying this just because this is a Mortal Kombat site, but Mortal Kombat X is probably the best next-gen game that actual deserves the title of NEXT GEN. You could stick Uncharted 4 and Witcher 3 in there somewhere, and graphically you can include Order 1886, but every other game we've gotten this year literally could have been released on last-gen consoles.

The heads of these companies act like this gen is the first time they've ever seen the majority of there IPs. Especially Capcom. Idk wtf they though they were making, but a Street Fighter game without an Arcade mode should literally be a crime. And idk wtf Resident Evil 7 is suppose to be. Companies are just being extremely extra with their IPs, adding the most unnecessary gimmicks known to mankind. Why do you need multiplayer in an RPG? Bioware. Why is CoD still not a Free-to-Play Multiplayer game by now when you know the Campaigns of all the current gen CoDs have been trash? Not a multiplayer guy at all, but why is Battlefield not a Multiplayer only game? Wtf is Battlefront a Multiplayer only game? Heck, why does it have less maps and no Galactic Conquest? Why is the sequel to Fallout 3 and New Vegas so dry? Why is Metal Gear V open-world with a lack of story? Why is Multiplayer now a necessity instead of a freaking option, yet single-player is an option, not a necessity?

In all of my years, this is literally the first generation that I've ever felt like going back to last-gen games over my next-gen games. I've never used XBox live last-gen, but a majority of my focus this gen has been on remasters, indies, and my mobile phone games. And now all of these companies have hundreds, maybe even thousands, of B-Rated IPs stuck in limbo and these companies refuse to allow a small team to work on these IPs and at least sell them for $40. This gen is straight up trash. If it wasn't for Mass Effect, Mortal Kombat, Dishonored, and Sonic the Hedgehog (to some extent), I would've already quit gaming by this year. Seriously, I bought freaking Madden 17 and I'm having more fun with that then a majority of the games that have been released this year. At least Madden is still a Madden Game with modes that I'd expect a Madden game to have.

[MENTION=12191]kadell[/MENTION]
Agreed 100%. I hear ya.
This generation of gaming has also brought about the entitled turds.
"Oh, this game isn't what I built it up to be in my head, so now it sucks."
I also find it hilarious, as you said, how people are always complaining about remasters and ports......... until it's a remaster or port that they want, then it doesn't suck.
Nevermind that the target market for remasters and ports aren't usually intended to be aimed at those who have already played those games, but rather catching the people (who HAVEN'T played said games) up to the series before the sequel comes out.
(Which is why I think there will be a BioShock sequel, btw.)
It's as dumb as the hypocrites who say "I got a next-gen console to play next-gen games and not old stuff," yet they praise MS for BC and "being able to play those games again." :laugh:

The other complaints I've heard a lot of is "If Sony, MS and other 3rd party publishers are constantly delaying games, why announce a release date?"
Well, it's a double-edge sword.
In order for companies to get more pre-orders, they have to announce a release date and info leading up to the release, to get the hype machine going.

As for what grinds my gears this week: people who shit talk about a franchise without knowing what said franchise is about or choosing to be willfully ignorant.
Unfortunately, with the release of Dishonored 2 being less than 2 months away, you also get the ignorant 'tards that come out of the woodwork.
I.E. - Paraphrasing the usual derpy statement- "Why does the female character have to be around? That's so PC. Derp."
Well, because the first game was essentially about rescuing Emily, re-establishing her as the rightful heir, and continuing HER story from that point on.
The ending even FURTHER hints at this.

Actual quote=> "The game failed for story once."

You know, despite all the journals riddled everywhere giving depth to almost everyone, and the animated videos that took place before the game released that explained the origins of the Rat Plague, and Piero's visions of the Outsider, all the ambient conversations you can overhear, as well as the actual story stuff taking place in the game?
As for gameplay, they started improvingthe stuff in the first game in the DLC and continued to improve on those things for the sequel:

- The AI now spread out in unpredictable formations and are more vertical, chasing you and climbing up structures to find you. They wont search the same place that another soldier / AI ally has searched.
- You can be spotted if you lean around corners too much.
- More non-lethal options have been added for combat, weapons and powers.
- Both main characters now speak, like Daud did in the DLC.
- Some people that you kill in the world now have higher or lower chaos, depending on how terrible or not they are (you can use The Heart to find that out). I.E.- Killing a serial killer or someone terrible like that wouldn't raise your Chaos level much vs killing a more innocent person.
- Some of the levels have different themes to them, such as the Dust District, Clockwork Mansion, and Crack In The Slab levels.

Sadly, though, the 'tards refuse to find out about this type of information and choose to remain ignorant, so they blindly assume shit that's false.

all i know about pc videogames is that they suck and i dont mean personal computers
eg depression quest

Yup, games that force the PC (politically correct) movement annoy me too, but thankfully Dishonored 2 isn't 1 of those games.

The only semi-agenda pushing PC SJW game I actually liked was Life is Strange. The dialogue is like it came straight from tumblr, but whether you like the dialogue or not depends on how seriously you take the dialogue. But one defining thing they did with this game is NOT pushing an agenda. There is a fat character, but there is literally nothing in the game speaking on her being fat. Chloe is gay, but they never mention "lesbian" or anything of the sort in the game just like how TLOU Left Behind never treated the RileyXEllie thing as this big thing. It was just in her character. They didn't try to push this "legalize weed" agenda. As a Christian myself, I thoroughly loved that they didn't push the "Christian Stereotype" thing with Kate like other forms of media do. They could've literally removed any mention of Kate being a Christian and she'd feel like the exact same character she is now (other than with one of the defining dialogue choices you'll have to make).

Their is even some actual sexist lines dialogue in the game towards both males and females, and unless you're just someone who get's easily triggered by anything, you literally won't even notice them. Especially if Anita Sarkesian herself or the other SJWs who love the game so much never mentioned those remarks. If people wanna push an agenda in their games, I'd rather they take that direction where it's not forced than to be something like Gone Home which got a 10/10 for having the exact same ending as one of the Life is Stange Ending except one depends on the player's interpretation and the other is directly shoving the agenda.

Last edited:
hmm and i thought this forum was pretty sjw
everytime i read/watch some pc warrior tripe im like

This generation of gaming has been delicious for me. Other than shady business practices, I'm loving what I'm seeing so far.