What Grinds your Gears, part 2

Family members changing the Christmas schedule on me behind my back, and NOT returning my calls when trying to get an updated schedule finalized in a timely fashion. I swear I'm going to start issuing monetary fines on them for this kind of bullshit, ESPECIALLY when I'm about a 60 mile drive from where they're at. Maybe I should donate their gifts to Goodwill, or scalp them to recoup the money I spent on them so I can teach them a lesson about doing this kind of shit to me, because time is money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

WTF?! I do so well in arcade mode but when I reach Corrupted Shinnok. MOST OF MY COMMANDS DON'T WORK OR ARE DELAYED!!! This happens to Tanya, Leatherface, and Mileena and that's why I lose!!! On top of that Shinnok keeps spamming his stupid flames! I do pretty well with Kitana still though and win with her for now. WTF IS GOING ON???!!!!!

A big one is, people who like a game but want to tell hardcore fans of the franchise of that game what a real fan would do.

This is aimed, not at the people who like Street Fighter V or defend their purchase, but directly at the people who damage control for Street Fighter V yet still says Street Fighter has always been about multiplayer and never about story. -__-

Like literally, your really gonna say a "real fan" would purchase Street Fighter V no matter what just because we're fans of the franchise even though someone like me can't even play the game until June unless I want to complete the single-player modes in the span of 2-5 days only to wait until June instead of getting the price dropped version? No. They may be fans of the franchise, but they can't speak for hardcore fans. A person who says Street Fighter has never been about arcade mode yet claims to be a hardcore fan, their words are tainted and they might as well take the "Hardcore" part out of their title because Arcade Mode has been in every Street Fighter Game and it was the only mode in the first Street Fighter. Now if you are a hardcore fighting game fan and a fan of the franchise, you can get a pass. But if you really say that hardcore fans would drop money on not only a game they hate for not having the most crucial aspect of a Street Fighter game, but also a game that they literally cannot play for another 4 (3 Now) months, you can hold this L and call yourself Ms. Ann-Marie Hoag.

As much as I love the Final Fantasy Franchise, especially the FFXIII series, you'd never hear me telling a hardcore fan of Final Fantasy that "a "real" fan would buy the FFXIII trilogy and put their faith in Square Enix (yes that is literally what someone told me about SFV and Capcom under the latest HipHop Gamer's SFV video). I'm a heavily hardcore fan of the Mortal Kombat and Mass Effect franchises, but I will call Bullcrap when I see it because I'm pretty sure just like with Metroid Fans and FF fans, hardcore fans of any franchise are gonna want their favorite franchise to strive for perfection not "good enough."

I agree with you [MENTION=12191]kadell[/MENTION].
It also pisses me off when people say that you aren't a hardcore fan if you don't like ________ or disagree with ________ about the franchise, which happens a lot on these forums.

"You don't care for guest characters in an MK game? Oh, you're not a hardcore fan because you don't brown-nose NRS and blindly buy it."
Whether those actual words are said or not, that's been the implications of various users here with both MK9 and MKX DLCs.
People like that can seriously GTFOH with that load of bullshit.
There's nothing wrong with being a purist and not wanting guests or wanting all of the possible DLC, but when people berate others, look down on others, or are condescending towards others who don't agree with them, that's when it's a no-no in my book.

Not related:

Another thing that grinds my gears are these asshats on YouTube who decide to make videos like a Dishonored 2 wishlist or _(insert unreleased game)_ wishlist and start by saying things like "10 things that WE want (or don't want) in Dishonored 2", and they title the videos as such....... "10 things we want in ___________."

Seriously, who the hell are these "we" people that these dickwaffles speak for?
I know that I sure as hell am not part of this "we" group.

Funny to see that coming from Commander when he's the one always calling fans of the Trilogy characters "casuals" because they want to see their favorites again.

I agree with you [MENTION=12191]kadell[/MENTION].
It also pisses me off when people say that you aren't a hardcore fan if you don't like ________ or disagree with ________ about the franchise, which happens a lot on these forums.

"You don't care for guest characters in an MK game? Oh, you're not a hardcore fan because you don't brown-nose NRS and blindly buy it."
Whether those actual words are said or not, that's been the implications of various users here with both MK9 and MKX DLCs.
People like that can seriously GTFOH with that load of bullshit.
There's nothing wrong with being a purist and not wanting guests or wanting all of the possible DLC, but when people berate others, look down on others, or are condescending towards others who don't agree with them, that's when it's a no-no in my book.

Not related:

Another thing that grinds my gears are these asshats on YouTube who decide to make videos like a Dishonored 2 wishlist or _(insert unreleased game)_ wishlist and start by saying things like "10 things that WE want (or don't want) in Dishonored 2", and they title the videos as such....... "10 things we want in ___________."

Seriously, who the hell are these "we" people that these dickwaffles speak for?
I know that I sure as hell am not part of this "we" group.

I had to look up the one for Dishonored 2 after you said that, and that video is outlandish once he gets to number 8. They said "why include all of these lethal powers but give players the bad ending for using them." Really man? That's like saying why give people all of those guns in MGSV yet punish them in rank and difficulty for not taking the stealthy/no kill approach. That goes back to what I said about fans vs Hardcore fans. Then he said parkour movement system...in a stealth game? This isn't assassin's creed, you'd ruin the stealth because it's in First Person and blink would be useless. Then a Level Editor...again in a story focused game? It reminds me of when people said they wanted to choose their race in the next Mass Effect Andromeda and I was thinking "did they start out with the Multiplayer/combat focused Mass Effect 3 and didn't care about the story? People don't think about stuff like that. Fighting games can get away with it because even though continuity is important, it's still a fighting game at the end of the day and can be adjusted. But games based on a certain story narrative can't pull off platholes like that. A Turian/Batarian working extra hard to build colonies for Earth? Yeah people need to stop with those kind of videos.

[MENTION=4889]BBBLP[/MENTION]
I never have said anything to that affect.
Please point out where I ever called anyone a casual for wanting Trilogy characters in.
I've said that lots of casual fans who don't play MK games that often tend to like Trilogy character or have a preference for them, but I've never called anyone a casual for liking said characters.
As per usual, though, you say anything to try to make me look bad.

EDIT:

I had to look up the one for Dishonored 2 after you said that, and that video is outlandish once he gets to number 8. They said "why include all of these lethal powers but give players the bad ending for using them." Really man? That's like saying why give people all of those guns in MGSV yet punish them in rank and difficulty for not taking the stealthy/no kill approach. That goes back to what I said about fans vs Hardcore fans. Then he said parkour movement system...in a stealth game? This isn't assassin's creed, you'd ruin the stealth because it's in First Person and blink would be useless. Then a Level Editor...again in a story focused game? It reminds me of when people said they wanted to choose their race in the next Mass Effect Andromeda and I was thinking "did they start out with the Multiplayer/combat focused Mass Effect 3 and didn't care about the story? People don't think about stuff like that. Fighting games can get away with it because even though continuity is important, it's still a fighting game at the end of the day and can be adjusted. But games based on a certain story narrative can't pull off platholes like that. A Turian/Batarian working extra hard to build colonies for Earth? Yeah people need to stop with those kind of videos.

Yeah, by the time he got to #8 (more complaining about the chaos system) in the video, I already didn't agree with him.
Sorry, but if you kill a lot of people, there should be consequences.

The major things I disagreed with him about were the following:

#7...... to hell with co-op / multiplayer.
I don't see why every game these days needs co-op / multi-player.
Dishonored 1 was perfectly fine without it.
Harvey Smith already said no to co-op / multi-player, anyways.

Harvey Smith said (a month after E3) that there would be different upgrade trees for the different powers that Corvo and Emily have via a branching (tree) type of system, and that Emily would have completely different powers from Corvo.

Not EVERY game needs to be Mario Maker. -_-
Dishonored was awesome the way it was.
What I would like to see in the sequel is more story DLC (like The Knife Of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches) with it taking place in different areas of Karnaca.

Last edited:
Purists are the Master Race of fans.

No fan is above another fan.
That said, if you heavily follow the game and / or comment on an MK forum (aka MK addict, as we all are on here) then you fall more under the "hardcore" category, and if you don't keep up with the game series and don't really follow the series, then you fall more under the "causal" fan category.

The best analogy I can think of is alcohol.
If you have 1 drink with dinner once in a blue moon, and you don't heavily drink on a normal basis, you are considered by society) to be a casual drinker.
If you either drink a lot or go to the extreme and abuse alcohol, then you are either considered more a hardcore drinker or alcoholic (depending on whether or not you abuse it).
Hardcore fan is pretty much someone who's gaming addiction is MK; an addict / fanatic.

I'm a casual fan of many bands and games.
Nothing wrong with it, either.
Since when did being a casual fan of something have a bad connotation to it, anyways.

Last edited:
That moment when your raid has another Discipline priest who doesn't even use more than half of the abilities they should be using.

Oh I wanted to yell at this person, but I was nice to them when I asked if they were using "Archangel" at all. I know everyone has to learn at some point and yes, I was a noob too... but when a noob notices that someone isn't playing their class right, something isn't right.

No fan is above another fan.
That said, if you heavily follow the game and / or comment on an MK forum (aka MK addict, as we all are on here) then you fall more under the "hardcore" category, and if you don't keep up with the game series and don't really follow the series, then you fall more under the "causal" fan category.

The best analogy I can think of is alcohol.
If you have 1 drink with dinner once in a blue moon, and you don't heavily drink on a normal basis, you are considered by society) to be a casual drinker.
If you either drink a lot or go to the extreme and abuse alcohol, then you are either considered more a hardcore drinker or alcoholic (depending on whether or not you abuse it).
Hardcore fan is pretty much someone who's gaming addiction is MK; an addict / fanatic.

I'm a casual fan of many bands and games.
Nothing wrong with it, either.
Since when did being a casual fan of something have a bad connotation to it, anyways.

I don't think there is a generalized "hardcore" term you can use for everyone.

People are hardcore for the games in their own way.

Someone might be hardcore into the Lore (Every book/comic/bio/game) story in their grasp, nearly memorized.
Then you got the people who sometimes think Bi-han and Kuai Lang are the same person. They know a tournament exists, they know there is a ice ninja. But they don't know that many inner workings.

But BOTH of these people could be casual to the FGC part of the game.

Then you can have the hardcore guys memorizing frame data, optimizing situations, perfecting the punish game.

Then you got the guy who likes to spam sweep.

but both of these guys could be weak at lore.

So many varying degrees of "hardcore". I'd like to think The one who masters all of them are the ones who can truly call themselves hardcore.

[MENTION=8252]Critical-Limit[/MENTION]
I get what you mean, and I agree on the varying degrees, but I'm speaking more about the person who generally follows the lore and games more closely vs someone who may not really follow the MK franchise, except for when either MK9 or MKX came out.

People who usually follow the MK lore and the MK games (in general) less, usually tend to favor Trilogy characters.
Those people generally tend to remember the Trilogy era more, or may have skipped the 3D era, altogether, so they favor Trilogy characters more.
That's my point.

Well, I WAS going to change the oil on my mom's car today, but thanks to Walmart, I can't do that, because tbose douchebags at the automotive department tightened the oil pan plug so tight that I physically could not loosen it manually at all without risking damage. Not only did a socket wrench not work, but neither did the goddamn WD40. I can safely assume they did the same to the oil filter too, but since I couldn't get the oil plug off, I didn't even bother to check the oil filter.

And I think these assholes did this on purpose. There's more profit for them in you taking your car in to get your oil changed than there is in you doing it yourself...and this is despite the fact that they sell motor oil (including 5 quart jugs) and oil filters separately at the same damn store. I had been doing this to the same damn car for 5 years, and I never had a problem with doing it until this one time that Walmart had been the last to change the oil. Had I been the last to do the oil change, I know damn well I wouldn't have had a problem draining the oil out because I know better than to tighten it way too much to the point where I can't get it off next time. This is bullshit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
MP elitists grind my gears.
I get that people love MP, but there are also people who love single-player games, and not every single game needs MP shoe-horned into it.
Just look at the fiasco that was AC Unity.

MP elitists grind my gears.
I get that people love MP, but there are also people who love single-player games, and not every single game needs MP shoe-horned into it.
Just look at the fiasco that was AC Unity.

even in some games that i would like MP in it gets way too much praise. like 90% of the time i can't look up something about the new Doom game without it saying "multiplayer this. multiplayer that." and why do games like Mass Effect, Dead Space, Uncharted, or God of War need multiplayer? those games are perfect without it.

and why do games like Mass Effect, Dead Space, Uncharted, or God of War need multiplayer? those games are perfect without it.

I've been asking that same question for a while.
I know that it makes sense for fighting games, FPS and the like to have MP, but yeah, I never understood why those games you mentioned needed MP, other than maybe the dev caving in to some demand by the publisher or fans.

I'm SOOOO glad that Harvey Smith said that Dishonored 2 won't have co-op.
I just about jumped for joy, because it means that they are choosing to focus on SP, the core mechanic gameplay and the story, instead.

Taco Bell is supposed to have an Overwatch contest in which you could win a game or a Razor headset.

For some reason, the Taco Bells near me has yet to showcase any Overwatch stuff and I'm raging mad because I'm seeing winners left and right on Warcraft fan pages on Facebook.

Ugh, it's annoying me.