SPOILER ALERT:Mortal Kombat X DIGITAL COMIC DISCUSSION

So in the old timeline, Cyrax becomes an Earthrealm ally after regaining his humanity.
In the new timeline, he kills himself.

I like how the last time Cyrax saw Sub-Zero, he was a cyborg. But when Cyrax regains control of himself, he doesn't even stop to ask how he reversed the Cyber Initiative. Nope, just kills himself.

Can somebody please let Kittlesten know that there are other ways of removing a character from the story than death?

To be fair, I don't think Sub-Zero telling him that Quan Chi did it would help Cyrax much. Also, Cyrax isn't necessarily dead when we never saw a body; a big explosion that leaves a character presumed dead is a tried and true method of removing them from the story! Kittelsen's certainly hinting that he's still alive.

https://twitter.com/kittelsen/status/640563444605779968
https://twitter.com/kittelsen/status/640564455948988416
https://twitter.com/kittelsen/status/640594154616057856

None of these deaths really bother too much because if NRS wants to bring any of these characters back, they will. Hell, Kittelsen even hinted not too long ago that Havik is far from dead as well.

T'was a long, bumpy ride.. But we finally come to the conclusion.

*HATED* that last panel. Just confirms that my fave character (Kenshi) is nothing more than a poorly-manipulated plot tool to flesh out other chars. One could count off his appearances on mere fingertips on one hand - and the end - just ughh.. Would be great to see him developed in line with his pretty compelling backstory, without
Spoiler:
being battered to pieces and/or blasted away to make others look good.
. But oh well.

I'm kind of iffy on the Cyrax bit, tbh - but I am glad to see Subby getting at least some modicum of effort to explain his return to normalcy and his dealing with the Cyber Lin Kuei. I enjoyed that bit certainly.

At this point, are we sure of getting a season 2 for the comics? Or that's just it?

Thanks to [MENTION=18507]Harpoon[/MENTION] for keeping us all updated on his awesome summaries throughout! (Y)

*HATED* that last panel. Just confirms that my fave character (Kenshi) is nothing more than a poorly-manipulated plot tool to flesh out other chars. One could count off his appearances on mere fingertips on one hand - and the end - just ughh.. Would be great to see him developed in line with his pretty compelling backstory, without
Spoiler:
. But oh well.

I'm kind of iffy on the Cyrax bit, tbh - but I am glad to see Subby getting at least some modicum of effort to explain his return to normalcy and his dealing with the Cyber Lin Kuei. I enjoyed that bit certainly.

At this point, are we sure of getting a season 2 for the comics? Or that's just it?

Thanks to [MENTION=18507]Harpoon[/MENTION] for keeping us all updated on his awesome summaries throughout! (Y)

It's been a pleasure. :)

And no, season 2 hasn't yet been confirmed. There seems to be a lot of demand for it on twitter, though, and the comic's always been a high seller on places like Comixology. So we can only hope.

And it really sounds like if season 2 happens, Kittelsen has another Cyrax story to tell. No way he's dead.

https://twitter.com/kittelsen/status/640595929205096452

Well despite my boi subz cleaning house on sektor this a rather underwhelming end

Kinda funny how Kenshi is beeing treated throughout all of this for a "second favorite" character of Boon's

It's been a pleasure. :)

And no, season 2 hasn't yet been confirmed. There seems to be a lot of demand for it on twitter, though, and the comic's always been a high seller on places like Comixology. So we can only hope.

And it really sounds like if season 2 happens, Kittelsen has another Cyrax story to tell. No way he's dead.

https://twitter.com/kittelsen/status/640595929205096452

Indeed it does!

Realistically speaking, even if MKX season 2 does happen.. How much time till we get the first comic of season 2 out? :S

It's nice to see more characters than we did in the game, but god the plotting of this thing is a mess. And the characters we do see are mostly just cannon fodder, to the point where I don't WANT any of my favorites to turn up.

Well, that's your own fault, honestly. That's what you get for latching on to obscure, irrelevant characters.

Obviously the solution is to start liking the super popular characters, who are assured to be treated with dignity and respect by the comic, like Ermac.... and uh... Johnny Cage.... uh.... Kenshi..... Reiko......

Uh, hmm. Well, this is awkward.

Well, that's your own fault, honestly. That's what you get for latching on to obscure, irrelevant characters.

Obviously the solution is to start liking the super popular characters, who are assured to be treated with dignity and respect by the comic, like Ermac.... and uh... Johnny Cage.... uh.... Kenshi..... Reiko......

If Kenshi is obscure and irrelevant, then he would've missed more than 1 game since his debut.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I think Reiko was treated pretty damn well despite his death at the end. Kotal and other characters built him up a lot as this ingenius badass, he manipulated Mileena and others, he and Goro killed a bunch of the Osh-Tekk, he beat up Jax and Kotal, he nearly killed D'Vorah...

He certainly got a lot more respect and dignity than I would have thought he'd get.

I also think that Cyrax is most likely in hiding, trying to find a way to redeem himself from his actions years ago. And as for the last panel, I think that either that Goro likely ambushed Kenshi when the former Shokan prince saw him out of coincidence or that the latter severely underestimated the former, likely cuz of the missing arms cometh.

I think Reiko was treated pretty damn well despite his death at the end. Kotal and other characters built him up a lot as this ingenius badass, he manipulated Mileena and others, he and Goro killed a bunch of the Osh-Tekk, he beat up Jax and Kotal, he nearly killed D'Vorah...

He certainly got a lot more respect and dignity than I would have thought he'd get.

The problem is most of what made Reiko cool in this chapter - his involvement in the Kotal Kahn/Mileena civil war conflict - was almost exclusively hinted and alluded to and suggested. It was almost never actually shown. We get a sense of Reiko's political savvy via the fact that he betrays Mileena, and I guess Mileena's story revolves around politics, so I guess betraying Mileena must be a very clever thing to do?

Other than that he submits to an evil cleric who promises him great power, and gets duped. So... not very clever?

Reiko could have been replaced by Skeletor or the Green Goblin and 80% of his scenes would still work. His motivations were "hahaha I want to conquer the universe!" and even if you just want to talk about the comic making him look bad ass... well, the only times we saw Reiko knocking heads without any of Havik's voodoo, i.e. the fights that demonstrate that he's a bad ass without some cheap magic helping him, were the two panels of fighting side by side with Kotal Kahn (probably my favorite Reiko moment) and the three panels where he busted up Jax. It's really not much.

When you consider what Kittelsen did with Kotal Kahn, by taking the interesting bits of the character in MKX and amping them all up to 11, and then you compare with Reiko... it's so disappointing because Kittelsen obviously gets the appeal of the character, his first few appearances in the comic are all hyping him up as this intelligent Machiavellian menace, but that's not really the character we get.

I hope Reiko returns... I loved him in the comic. I knew he would die, though... it was kinda obvious. It saddens me, but DAYUM, what a way to go!

The problem is most of what made Reiko cool in this chapter - his involvement in the Kotal Kahn/Mileena civil war conflict - was almost exclusively hinted and alluded to and suggested. It was almost never actually shown. We get a sense of Reiko's political savvy via the fact that he betrays Mileena, and I guess Mileena's story revolves around politics, so I guess betraying Mileena must be a very clever thing to do?

Other than that he submits to an evil cleric who promises him great power, and gets duped. So... not very clever?

Reiko could have been replaced by Skeletor or the Green Goblin and 80% of his scenes would still work. His motivations were "hahaha I want to conquer the universe!" and even if you just want to talk about the comic making him look bad ass... well, the only times we saw Reiko knocking heads without any of Havik's voodoo, i.e. the fights that demonstrate that he's a bad ass without some cheap magic helping him, were the two panels of fighting side by side with Kotal Kahn (probably my favorite Reiko moment) and the three panels where he busted up Jax. It's really not much.

When you consider what Kittelsen did with Kotal Kahn, by taking the interesting bits of the character in MKX and amping them all up to 11, and then you compare with Reiko... it's so disappointing because Kittelsen obviously gets the appeal of the character, his first few appearances in the comic are all hyping him up as this intelligent Machiavellian menace, but that's not really the character we get.

All fair points, but I really don't think moments where Reiko used the blood magik should be discounted nor seen as diminishing him, especially when everyone and their mother was using it throughout the comic; one of Kotal's best moments, his disarming Goro, was only because of that same magik. Reiko still ripped D'Vorah in half and spent several chapters beating the snot out of Kotal.

Right? It's certainly been kind to my most popular fave, Mileena, and hasn't made her look like a complete dink. Not at all.

God, I hate this thing. I hope NRS continues to ignore it. (Except for Queen Sheeva <3)

That's it? I mean I knew Sektor would die thanks to that cover, but not like that. Wow. What a disappointment. And why the heck did Cyrax blow up??? Just because he felt all pewwwsecuted and shit?

The best part of this chapter was armless Goro. See, I told you it was a good variation.

Dont you be trollin Shawn!

5c58f13df0bf17eef4b6b4b818bd90c9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Spoiler:
. But oh well.

Come on guys, it's the obvious writer's trick.
Kenshi let himself be captured in order to get close to Daegon. He may even have been the one to propose such a charade to Goro, benefiting them both.
I'm sure they're not going to get into the morality of giving back to a blood thirsty savage warrior stronger than anyone on Earthrealm the arms that he'll use to probably kill more innocents. They might even have Goro turn good, it's been done before...

But Kenshi is definitely faking it. Daegon will however escape because he's still alive after MKX. And, frankly, he looks like a great character. He's not just a one dimensional villain, this guy is a tragic character, doomed after killing his mother and father, gone from Edenian hero to criminal who enslaves his loyal dragon and kills women in the name of the fight against the Elder Gods.

He is not stupid, he is calculated, plots, stays in the shadow, and if Mortal Kombat names are inspired from reality, then the ancient God Dagan from Canaan and the Middle East 3000 years ago is meant to be Daegon. He's been evading Raiden for this long if not longer. I wonder if he'll try to take back his native realm of Edenia. Between team Kenshi and team Daegon, I'm on team Daegon. :gr_devil:

Tseng of the Turks had FAR more visible proof of being killed than Cyrax did...and the former never died to begin with (a fact lost on US audiences due to a translation error that gave his fate more finality).

I'm just saying the same is possible for Cyrax.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Onaga was mention. So I do wonder where he can be this whole time. If the comic is set 10 years before Shinnok's return in MKX then I wonder what he has been doing during the whole chaos between Outworld and the return of Shinnok in MKX? I guess Onaga might be waiting for Kotal Kahn to fall so that he can take back Outworld.

So finally was able to read the last chapter.

Only one thing I want to say to the writer. As a big Frost fan I say: F U