SPOILER ALERT:Mortal Kombat X DIGITAL COMIC DISCUSSION

Really?...Cyrax switched sides...just like that?...
What a mess this comic is.

He was freed from the programming that had been put in him. That was the only reason he was on Sektor's side to begin with. Do you forget how he was against the cyber initiative and was turned into a cyborg against his well? Why do you think he wouldn't switch side? Did you complain when the same thing happened to Cyber Sub-Zero

Cyrax, always sided more with his human side and despite being an Assassin, like Smoke and Kuai Liang he had potential to be good. He was conflicted in MK9 about it and as mentioned above didn't want to be part of the Cyber program where he was forced into it. Considering Sektor had to 'control him' rather than trust his loyalty says a lot. Come to think of it, Sektor seems to be the only Cyber with free will.

He was freed from the programming that had been put in him. That was the only reason he was on Sektor's side to begin with. Do you forget how he was against the cyber initiative and was turned into a cyborg against his well? Why do you think he wouldn't switch side? Did you complain when the same thing happened to Cyber Sub-Zero

He was freed from the programming that had been put in him? What does that even supposed to mean? And when did that happen?
Being forced against his will has nothing to do with how shoddy this side switching event happened. Cyber Sub-Zero was actually reprogrammed forcefully, while being LK'd against his will as well. This guy simply says "lolno im not on ur side anymore!" and....that's it.
Yeah lets speak about Cyber Subby actually. Remember how Sektor KNEW that his programming was corrupted? Well, if Cyrax' programming was corrupted as well, Sektor would do the same thing. But alas...
The only "reprogramming" happened inside the comic is this:
"Cyrax, you don't have to do this!"
Which apparently is much more effective and instant than the actual reprogramming that happened to Cyber Sub-Zero.
The virus with its "slaving protocols disengaged". Lets talk about that as well. Lets say that's what actually set Cyrax free. Why Cyrax? Why not Sektor? Why not the other cyborgs even though they were "cloned" (and I see no reason why this wouldn't apply to them)? If Cyrax was freed, why Sektor is still giving him orders? Why is he calling him a "traitor" even when that wouldn't be the case? Why Sub-Zero acts all surprised when Cyrax was about to whoop his ass?

Last edited:
He was freed from the programming that had been put in him? What does that even supposed to mean? And when did that happen?
Being forced against his will has nothing to do with how shoddy this side switching event happened. Cyber Sub-Zero was actually reprogrammed forcefully, while being LK'd against his will as well. This guy simply says "lolno im not on ur side anymore!" and....that's it.
Yeah lets speak about Cyber Subby actually. Remember how Sektor KNEW that his programming was corrupted? Well, if Cyrax' programming was corrupted as well, Sektor would do the same thing. But alas...
The only "reprogramming" happened inside the comic is this:
"Cyrax, you don't have to do this!"

Cyrax's reprogramming happened immediately. As soon as the virus reached 100% his slave protocols were disengaged. When Sub Zero said "You don't have to do this!" he didn't know that Cyrax was already freed.

The virus with its "slaving protocols disengaged". Lets talk about that as well. Lets say that's what actually set Cyrax free. Why Cyrax? Why not Sektor? Why not the other cyborgs even though they were "cloned" (and I see no reason why this wouldn't apply to them)? If Cyrax was freed, why Sektor is still giving him orders? Why is he calling him a "traitor" even when that wouldn't be the case? Why Sub-Zero acts all surprised when Cyrax was about to whoop his ass?

Sektor doesn't have slaving protocols. Remember, he's the only member of the Lin Kuei that willingly became a Cyborg.
The clones don't have humanity. They're mindless puppets. Disengaging their slave protocols would do nothing because they don't have souls in the first place.

In his arrogance, Sektor assumed that Cyrax had finally fallen in line with his vision. Hence the "It was a mistake to think anyone here shares your morality"

Still doesn't explain why Sektor didn't immediately recognize Cyrax as a threat when the same thing happened to Cyber Sub-Zero pretty much. But fine, that explanation works for the majority of issues I had with this chapter.

Still doesn't explain why Sektor didn't immediately recognize Cyrax as being a threat when the same thing happened to Cyber Sub-Zero pretty much.

Sektor had time to analyze Cyber Zero. He was eyeing him while in Shao Kahn's throne room, then took him to the Subway to "fix" his programming. It also helped that Sektor was already suspicious of Sub. Asking why he was late and why he didn't save Kabal for interrogation.

Cyrax attacked Sektor in what seemed like literally seconds after losing his protocols.

When we last saw Cyrax in his human form in MK9, he made it clear to Sektor that he was done with the Lin Kuei and left their ranks. When next we saw him, he was suddenly a cyborg and loyal to the Lin Kuei again. Is is not obvious that he was enslaved just like Sub-Zero? Do you think he'd be happy with Sektor after finally regaining his free will?

I'm guessing that it happened off screen when the events of MK1 ended in MK9, but as soon Cyrax left, Sektor had his men search and detain the former for the Cyber Initiative against the Botswanian assassin's will. Also, I like to see how Sektor became the newest Grandmaster of Lin Kuei, before the events of MKX in general.

When we last saw Cyrax in his human form in MK9, he made it clear to Sektor that he was done with the Lin Kuei and left their ranks. When next we saw him, he was suddenly a cyborg and loyal to the Lin Kuei again. Is is not obvious that he was enslaved just like Sub-Zero? Do you think he'd be happy with Sektor after finally regaining his free will?

That wasn't my gripe with this chapter.

Sektor had time to analyze Cyber Zero. He was eyeing him while in Shao Kahn's throne room

If I remember it correctly, that scene was so short you might as well call it instant. Sektor in here even acknowledges that slaving protocols were disabled, and since Cyrax was made into a cyborg against his free will...Doesn't take a genius. And especially considering that this comic takes place after MK9...therefore Sektor has some "experience" with "deflectors"...What was that saying? "Fool me once..."?

That wasn't my gripe with this chapter.

If I remember it correctly, that scene was so short you might as well call it instant. Sektor in here even acknowledges that slaving protocols were disabled, and since Cyrax was made into a cyborg against his free will...Doesn't take a genius. And especially considering that this comic takes place after MK9...therefore Sektor has some "experience" with "deflectors"...What was that saying? "Fool me once..."?

1:25

This situation and the situation in Link Kuei Hideout are way different. First of all. In MK9 Cyber Sub Zero pretty much gave himself away immediately. Sektor had the time and place to analyze Sub Zero programming. In comics everything is happening in the middle of the battle. Sub Zero just kicked half of Lin Kuei ass all alone and ambushed Sektor. Not to mention Sektor was concentrating on Sub Zero who was way bigger threat than Cyrax. He didn't have time nor place to analyze if Cyrax was an enemy or ally. Not to mention, most likely Sektor felt safe enough, while being surrounded by an army of his clones.

Also about that part where Cyrax jumped sides immediately. What did you want? 5 minutes of Cyrax playing chess in his mind and deciding whom to join? He made it very clear in MK9. He was done with Lin Kuei and was against Cyber initiative. Now he was in control again and the only thing that didn't make sense to me is why Cyrax wasted time making one liner, instead of just punching Sektor. If I were in his place I would have kicked Sektor's bottom without a second to spare, for making me into mindless, yellow painted tin can.

As for Sektor just gonna repeat what was said above. Sektor welcomed cyber initiative with open arms. He might as well be the only guy who was happy about it.

1:25

This situation and the situation in Link Kuei Hideout are way different. First of all. In MK9 Cyber Sub Zero pretty much gave himself away immediately. Sektor had the time and place to analyze Sub Zero programming. In comics everything is happening in the middle of the battle. Sub Zero just kicked half of Lin Kuei ass all alone and ambushed Sektor. Not to mention Sektor was concentrating on Sub Zero who was way bigger threat than Cyrax. He didn't have time nor place to analyze if Cyrax was an enemy or ally. Not to mention, most likely Sektor felt safe enough, while being surrounded by an army of his clones.

Cyber Sub-Zero comes in late, reports that he killed someone, Sektor is on it already. Not that much different from the comic, where Sektor literally was told in his face that the slaying protocols were disabled...With the guy who was binded by them standing nearby him...Who kicked Sektors ass while being human, and refused to get CI'd...While Subby, who was cyber'd and had slaying protocols disabled as well in MK9, kept rambling about humanity and whatnot...

Did Sektor suffer a memory loss? en Windows 98!

Also about that part where Cyrax jumped sides immediately. What did you want? 5 minutes of Cyrax playing chess in his mind and deciding whom to join?

I admit I kinda forgot about the slaying protocols controlling Cyrax, and that's what the virus was designed to disable.

If I were in his place I would have kicked Sektor's bottom without a second to spare, for making me into mindless, yellow painted tin can.

That's the problem, Sektor should've recognized the threat straight away and hit Cyrax in the gears first.

Last edited: