SPOILER ALERT:Mortal Kombat X DIGITAL COMIC DISCUSSION

How does that ignore work. Because I put you on ignore aaaand... I am still seeing your messages. I was told you will disappear from my existence if I were to put you on ignore.
You got ripped off. The truth is, you still have the option of reading those messages anyway. I should remind you that YOU still chose to read those messages anyway, so it's nobody's fault but yours. I could've told you that months ago.

And exactly how did I do any physical harm to you by comparing Frost to Sakura Kasugano? It's the literal truth. Frost is Sub-Zero with boobs and a vagina just as Sakura Kasugano is Ryu with boobs and a vagina.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You got ripped off. The truth is, you still have the option of reading those messages anyway. I should remind you that YOU still chose to read those messages anyway, so it's nobody's fault but yours. I could've told you that months ago.

And exactly how did I do any physical harm to you by comparing Frost to Sakura Kasugano? It's the literal truth. Frost is Sub-Zero with boobs and a vagina just as Sakura Kasugano is Ryu with boobs and a vagina.

To be honest I ignored your messages for months (hell almost a year). But after you kept going to my Frost thread and kept writing childish comments like BOOOOO and pushing your opinions as facts (which were just your personal opinion) I just decided to try this ignore list stuff. Doesn't work. Oh well. Will have to learn how to erase your comments by willpower alone.

Oh you don't harm me in physical way (you would have to stand next to me and then talk, but that would be considered as an assault). It just that every time I read your comments (which are related to my subject), my brain cells start committing suicide one by one. Especially when it comes to your lack of understanding of opinions and different tastes. Or claiming what is canon/official and what is not, to the point you start challenging the very creators of that universe.

To be honest I ignored your messages for months (hell almost a year). But after you kept going to my Frost thread and kept writing childish comments like BOOOOO and pushing your opinions as facts (which were just your personal opinion) I just decided to try this ignore list stuff. Doesn't work. Oh well. Will have to learn how to erase your comments by willpower alone.

Oh you don't harm me in physical way (you would have to stand next to me and then talk, but that would be considered as an assault). It just that every time I read your comments (which are related to my subject), my brain cells start committing suicide one by one. Especially when it comes to your lack of understanding of opinions and different tastes. Or claiming what is canon/official and what is not, to the point you start challenging the very creators of that universe.
Frost being Sub-Zero with a vagina is not an opinion, it's a fact. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's a fact that it's a duck.

So I asked Kittelsen on twitter about the kenshi-goro alliance, for their own means - and he said "we'll have to see, only time will tell."

That's neither here, nor there. But no outright denial either. Let's see how it goes.

Please, someone enlight me.

Are you guys saying that they intend to put ONAGA as somekind of inspiration for the Red Dragon?

Like fvck Orin and Caro? And more than that: fvck Onaga?

Can someone tell me that I am wrong, if I am?

This comics have gone beyond disappointment. But this...and I thought I would like to see Onaga someday in the comics.

I pity that he may have his end in a disappointing and canon-destructor plot.

Please, someone enlight me.

Are you guys saying that they intend to put ONAGA as somekind of inspiration for the Red Dragon?

Like fvck Orin and Caro? And more than that: fvck Onaga?

Can someone tell me that I am wrong, if I am?

This comics have gone beyond disappointment. But this...and I thought I would like to see Onaga someday in the comics.

I pity that he may have his end in a disappointing and canon-destructor plot.

It doesn't go into great detail. Goro does say though, that Onaga is of Red Dragon lore. Even goes as far to say "Your Dragon King". So it may be that the Red Dragon worship him or just know about him.

This is pretty weird though. You'd think Shao Kahn would have told Goro about Onaga.

Curious, what is Frost supposed to sound like?
Sure, she wears a mask that gives her that high-pitched voice, but since she fancies herself as a master does she speak in a semi-regal tone demanding respect, or is she more like a valley-girl?

Regarding Goro and Kenshi, obvious "elephant in the room": How does a 7ft amputee take down a blind jedi armed with a haunted katana? There's a fight I would have loved to see.

Also, anyone else think that in this issue Sub-Zero was drawn a bit too much like Bruce Wayne (in the New52 - black hair, blue eyes, square-jawed, brooding)?

Curious, what is Frost supposed to sound like?
Sure, she wears a mask that gives her that high-pitched voice, but since she fancies herself as a master does she speak in a semi-regal tone demanding respect, or is she more like a valley-girl?

I imagine Frost's Voice in my head to be Kelly Hu but her 'Karai' Voice so almost a home run in the game but in this issue I couldn't help but hear Ashleigh Ball's Rainbow dash.

It doesn't go into great detail. Goro does say though, that Onaga is of Red Dragon lore. Even goes as far to say "Your Dragon King". So it may be that the Red Dragon worship him or just know about him.

This is pretty weird though. You'd think Shao Kahn would have told Goro about Onaga.

And not only about that.

The fact that maybe (possibly) they took a hard $#1t on the lore with that, goes very beyond.

Taven and Daegon date the time where Shinnok was an Elder God. Yet, Taven mentions that Shao Kahn tried to konquer Edenia for millenia. That makes Onaga absolutely old.

I mean, Onaga cannot be part of the Red Dragon lore, unless the person who writes wipe his 455 with the original koncept, and even ignores the fact that MKX endings mentions Taven locked in the rock, etc.

You know, this comics are vexing. I was really hyped for Onaga get some good use. The mere fact that Onaga is connected to the Red Dragon is a still-born BS.

Seriously, that's what happens when you put the story in the hands of amateurs and give them freedom. And for you, BBBLP, things like that ridiculous death for Sektor, I really have nothing to say.

I'm starting to think NRS said "hey, Kittelsen, destroy all of our story, so we can start a brand new and crash every chance of a good revamp".

Man, I have negative interest in Daegon and Taven, and NRS clearly did too.

Taven's original pending name was Bob. Although Ed Boon did not like the name Taven, he stuck with it as the final one.

Hopefully the comics here and the Kenshi/Takeda ladder endings will be their last hurrah.

They're the worst characters of the series for me. Ungodly generic, they're the only ones in the whole MK mythos who I feel like don't belong. They seem so foreign to me.

They're the worst characters of the series for me. Ungodly generic, they're the only ones in the whole MK mythos who I feel like don't belong. They seem so foreign to me.

For real. Like the Orderrealm/Chaosrealm stuff didn't quite work for me either, but at least it was of a tone with the rest of the game?

Taven and Daegon feel like some kind of JRPG plot, as Trash mentions. The whole backstory with their parents doesn't make any goddamn sense, none of it fits Edenia as previously established, the talking dragons are so goofy, Taven's and Daegon's designs are generic as balls, and the Red Dragon didn't do anything but confuse the issue when the Black Dragon was perfectly fine thanks.

"Oh, the Black Dragon is just an offshoot of this cooler older thing." No, that's dumb. A clumsy retcon -- plus, way to undercut Kano and Sonya, two of your original characters, by making their cool rivalry a minor part of some cosmic whatever.

Man, I have negative interest in Daegon and Taven, and NRS clearly did too.

Taven's original pending name was Bob. Although Ed Boon did not like the name Taven, he stuck with it as the final one.

So what? That was supposed to be a joke. I thought it was pretty funny that Taven and Daegon were first Bob and Doug!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNnYSj8PJ_8

It's a normal creation process. Names are selected last. It seems that the team cares a lot for these characters and had a lot of fun creating them.

Taven and Daegon feel like some kind of JRPG plot, as Trash mentions. The whole backstory with their parents doesn't make any goddamn sense,

It makes perfect sense to me.
One of the Elder Gods was corrupted (Shinnok) so their power of seeing the future was obscured. But Delia, a powerful sorceress, had a vision of the battle of Armageddon where too many powerful combatants would participate and where a surge of power would bring upon the destruction of all the realms.(which ultimately came true, but that's another thing).
Because Argus and Delia were loyal to the Elder Gods, they asked them for a solution. No army in the universe was powerful enough to stop the 64 combatants, so Blaze was empowered with so much force from the Elder Gods themselves that a hero could harness it and kill/render powerless the others. Because no mere mortal could harness that power, the Elder Gods had to trust Taven or Daegon. But were they worthy? They put them in stasis until they could prove themselves.

Shinnok, being the corrupted Elder God that he was (which the others couldn't sense), stepped in and somehow awakened Daegon very early, lied to him that his parents preferred Taven and made him kill Argus and Delia. Shinnok probably also found Blaze and secured his corruption by the holy men of Onaga, to disrupt the plan of the Elder Gods and make the power available to everyone when the time came. In Daegon's MK Armageddon ending it is said though that his awakening was allowed by the Elder Gods and Argus to test his heart.

none of it fits Edenia as previously established,

Here I kind of agree. In the MK Armageddon intro scene Argus and Delia discuss their plan looking from the balcony as they make it clear they're engaged in War with Outworld and Shao Kahn. Even more so, Taven discusses during konquest mode how he and his brother have fought against Shao Kahn once and pushed him back from Edenia. This means that the action was AFTER Edenia had lost the 10th tournament and Shao Kahn was able to invade, around 10.000 years ago. No way had Shao Kahn tried to conquer Edenia for millions of years....come on! But even if the events had rapidly succeeded: Edenia loses 10th tournament, Shao Kahn's forces invade, Argus formes the Edenian Resistence, Taven and Daegon aid King Jerrod and fight off the invaders with an Edenian-Seido alliance (mentioned in the lore), one of the Elder Gods is corrupted and they can't see the future anymore, Delia has her vision, the brothers are put into stasis, Daegon is awakened, kills his parents, Edenia is doomed, Shao Kahn enters and kills King Jerrod, names himself rightful Emperor and declares a new religion where he is worshiped, the Elder Gods are weakened so Shinnok attacks Earthrealm, the planet is ravaged and almost destroyed (the mythological flood from almost all religions which historians place around 8.000 BC= 10.000 years ago), but a few humans and saurians are protected by Raiden and Fujin who manage to take the Amulet and lock up Shinnok in the Netherrealm, saurians are given a new home in Zaterra, humans start over, probably with Edenian refugees coming to Earthrealm around 10.000 years ago bringing with them the Agricultural Revolution (correct from a historical standpoint)................even with these events rapidly succeeding, it still leaves the question as to why Shinnok would say in MK4 "For millions of years I have suffered in the Netherrealm". Either NRS didn't think the story through and it's just a mistake, either Shinnok is exaggerating his 10.000 years in the Netherrealm (which makes sense since it would seem that way when you're trapped in Hell). Because the only other way it would make sence is if Shao Kahn had attacked Edenia for millions of years, which in my opinion is lame (considering that MK1 to MK 3 action takes place in a month or so).

the talking dragons are so goofy,

I think they're a symbol of origin, loyalty and wisdom. I think they are really really cool, but every man is entitled to his opinion.

Taven's and Daegon's designs are generic as balls, and the Red Dragon didn't do anything but confuse the issue when the Black Dragon was perfectly fine thanks.

"Oh, the Black Dragon is just an offshoot of this cooler older thing." No, that's dumb. A clumsy retcon -- plus, way to undercut Kano and Sonya, two of your original characters, by making their cool rivalry a minor part of some cosmic whatever.

Again, it's a matter of opinion.

Last edited:
While I don't remember exactly who, I do remember someone getting a little antsy with me when I said that I didn't care for Taven and my reasons for not liking him are basically what you guys are saying.

They're really not that great of characters, but if we have to have at least one of them, I'd pick Daegon. It wouldn't hurt to have more Red Dragon characters in the series.