SPOILER ALERT:Mortal Kombat X DIGITAL COMIC DISCUSSION

Onaga was mention. So I do wonder where he can be this whole time. If the comic is set 10 years before Shinnok's return in MKX then I wonder what he has been doing during the whole chaos between Outworld and the return of Shinnok in MKX? I guess Onaga might be waiting for Kotal Kahn to fall so that he can take back Outworld.

Onaga is still probably dead. They worship pre-Kahn Onaga more than likely.

Only one thing I want to say to the writer. As a big Frost fan I say: F U

What was wrong with it? Seems like you get mad at Frost showing up in any way.
She looked great in the comic. Who knows, if they give the go ahead for Season 2 we might even see Sub-Zero training her.

Onaga is still probably dead. They worship pre-Kahn Onaga more than likely.

What was wrong with it? Seems like you get mad at Frost showing up in any way.
She looked great in the comic. Who knows, if they give the go ahead for Season 2 we might even see Sub-Zero training her.

This, I don't get what was wrong with Frost's appearance. It was almost the exact same set up as MK:DA but with more backstory.

i feel stupid for asking this question, but did Cyrax self terminate or did he just give the order for the Cyber Clones to self destruct?

i feel stupid for asking this question, but did Cyrax self terminate or did he just give the order for the Cyber Clones to self destruct?

Neither, it was heavily implied he gave the order to the base itself in that scene. It wasn't Cyrax himself or any of the cyborgs who exploded.

This, I don't get what was wrong with Frost's appearance. It was almost the exact same set up as MK:DA but with more backstory.

Exactly! Yes. Thank you!

That's the point. I saw that story in DA. Fine cool. I like seeing Frost, but you know I was kinda hoping for her to have DIFFERENT backstory. I mean pretty much everyone else life, backstories have changed insanely. Frost... still the same. Apart her meeting with Cassie Cage and getting owned by plot armor, other than that I have seen all of it before, just on different format.

MKX cameo is basically MKDA and MKD endings combined.

Now this chapter is what was told in MKDA as well. Frost enters tournament and joins Lin Kuei.

Same shit, different format. As the guy who also draws comics I can just tell that no one wanted to bother with Frost, so just went the easy way with her. Oh well.

In short I just wanted to say out loud my negative opinion. Nothing more. I have pretty much given up on decent Frost in here.

You wanted a completely new backstory for her? That's a tall order for one of the least relevant characters in the series. Shit dude, be glad you get to see her at all. There are some characters who've haven't even been mentioned in MKX.

She's alive, that's all that should matter if you want her playable lol

My only issue that I have with my favorite (Frost) being in the game and in the comics is one line.

"There shall be no peace, Scorpion."

This confuses me. She joins the Lin Kuei obviously. Somewhere along the line she's probably been told stories of the Shirai Ryu, but why would she be THAT intense about Sub-Zero wanting to make peace with Scorpion to suddenly stop it? I get that "she lacks judgement," but it doesn't really make that much sense to me. I get that within the comics, there was really no room for them to expand Frost's story since she's not that big of a character.

I don't know, I'm not saying I didn't care for this. I like that she's got another appearance in the comics and I'm glad to see that. I guess without more expansion on her being the Lin Kuei within the comics, this won't get answered. The way she is in the comics versus in game are two different things. Oh well, at least she's in that's what counts. :-D

You wanted a completely new backstory for her? That's a tall order for one of the least relevant characters in the series. Shit dude, be glad you get to see her at all. There are some characters who've haven't even been mentioned in MKX.

Wow really a tall order for Frost. Yet even Hsu Hao fate was different? I wasn't asking for a whole new grand backstory for Frost, I was asking for something different. Different can be just two panels, showing Frost doing something different than in original and then being left for speculation on what she is doing, and what she will do next. Hell they could have shown her in the background, training in a boot camp for spec forces. Just some blue hair girl running in the background in army clothes. That's it. BAM way more exciting and interesting, because you don't know how that future will play out.

What we got (well I got, I can't speak for others) was copy paste.

Backstory? Pretty much copy paste with few minor details changed.
Her appearance in game? Female Sub Zero.
Her whole cameo scene? MKDA/MKD endings animated in 3D.

In short this is copy paste Frost from original timeline.

Yeah because being dead, reduces your chances on being playable in Mortal Kombat. Indeed.

Shit dude, be glad you get to see her at all. There are some characters who've haven't even been mentioned in MKX.

Be glad I get to see her at all... To be honest with all that hype being raised and then demolished by this copy paste stuff.. I would have preferred not to see her at all. I would have gone for less, but different, than more, but the same shit.

But again this is just my opinion. I know other Frost fans are happy to see her at all. I am glad for them. But, for me copy paste material just doesn't work.

Last edited:
Come on guys, it's the obvious writer's trick.
Kenshi let himself be captured in order to get close to Daegon. He may even have been the one to propose such a charade to Goro, benefiting them both.
I'm sure they're not going to get into the morality of giving back to a blood thirsty savage warrior stronger than anyone on Earthrealm the arms that he'll use to probably kill more innocents. They might even have Goro turn good, it's been done before...

But Kenshi is definitely faking it. Daegon will however escape because he's still alive after MKX. And, frankly, he looks like a great character. He's not just a one dimensional villain, this guy is a tragic character, doomed after killing his mother and father, gone from Edenian hero to criminal who enslaves his loyal dragon and kills women in the name of the fight against the Elder Gods.

He is not stupid, he is calculated, plots, stays in the shadow, and if Mortal Kombat names are inspired from reality, then the ancient God Dagan from Canaan and the Middle East 3000 years ago is meant to be Daegon. He's been evading Raiden for this long if not longer. I wonder if he'll try to take back his native realm of Edenia. Between team Kenshi and team Daegon, I'm on team Daegon. :gr_devil:

Hopefully so. I like your theories, and hope it is something like that that actually happens.

No question about morality - I'd prefer Kenshi to make a deal with Goro beforehand regarding this, in line with his old timeline apathy towards 'good', 'bad' and 'morality'...

But I can't help but doubt it. In all his appearances so far, Kenshi's been used to flesh out other, more popular chars, like Hanzo/Scorpion, Sonya, and now, the DLC/pre-order Goro. I definitely won't enjoy it if he's cheapened to the extent that the armless guy now has enough it in to take down Kenshi and possibly even break the Sento. I can't shake off the feeling he'll be sidelined like that.. But that's just me - doe.

Knowing her role in MKX (wich was pretty disappoining), there weren't a lot of ways to go with Frost story in the comics. I mean, they are a prequel to the game. There's not a lot you can do with a character (a side character at that) if you already knew were she will end up.

Knowing her role in MKX (wich was pretty disappoining), there weren't a lot of ways to go with Frost story in the comics. I mean, they are a prequel to the game. There's not a lot you can do with a character (a side character at that) if you already knew were she will end up.

Here a quick brain fart story. I am gonna make it up while I write this message.

Frost after battle with Cassie gets taken to Special Forces. She gets recruited, rivalry between Frost and Cassie (no need to be major), Frost while efficient, is very arrogant, lacks judgement and discipline. Poor teamwork as she loves to rush down the opponents. Sonya sends her to Lin Kuei to learn discipline. Kuai Liang for the sake of friendship allows her to join, but with condition that she becomes full member of Lin Kuei. She spends few in years in there. Becomes something like Takeda. Representative of Lin Kuei for Special Forces. During her training comes Scorpion. She wants to test her strength against legendary Scorpion. Bam gets owned. Later in the present day she helps special forces as a representative of Lin Kuei. Bam here is the story. Made it in like 3 minutes.

Also when she learns that Cassie saved the world, she gets pissed and seeks more power. Betrays Sub Zero and Lin Kuei for the sake of more power. Steals medallion or some other super strong artifact. Backfires. Dies. The End (Most likely the way it is going to go now)

Edit: Simply, they took the easy way out.

Last edited:
-That's like a whole Frost chapter and it wouldn't fit in the comic story
-Frost wasn't the Lin Kuei representative in the SF in the game
-Is it really THAT different to have her being sent by Raiden or Sonya?
-the part about her getting mad that Cassie saved the world and seeking power would be cool, but it would happen after the game, so not in the comics

I think Frost was dissapointing in the game (especially her look being copied from SZ) but her comics cameos were fine. Sure Cassie winning through BS was weird and Frost being in an MMA fight is kind of random, but still, she was fine. I think you have an idealized version of what Frost should be like and get mad (and a bit defensive) when she's not like you want, but knowing where she ends up during the game, the comic did a fine job with her.

Edit: Simply, they took the easy way out.

She only appeared in one game! Armageddon doesn't count because they brought back every "nobody".

I'm a lightweight Frost fan, but why do you expect so much out of them when it comes to a character that gets shit on every time she's brought up? Could they revamp her? Absolutely, but it's safer to just work on new and existing characters.

Frost has a small cameo in 2 parts of the comic. Why would they change her backstory just to shoehorn her in those 5-6 panels she shows up in?

In my opinion, though I would have hoped for something a bit different, I'm okay with the direction their taking Frost, one thing I do hope for her, post MKX, is that she doesn't end up going mad with power, and instead become a sort of Vegeta to Cassie, a character that's arrogant as hell, wants to keep getting stronger and outdo her rival, but at the same time will protect earth realm to the bitter end.

-That's like a whole Frost chapter and it wouldn't fit in the comic story
-the part about her getting mad that Cassie saved the world and seeking power would be cool, but it would happen after the game, so not in the comics

I think Frost was dissapointing in the game (especially her look being copied from SZ) but her comics cameos were fine. Sure Cassie winning through BS was weird and Frost being in an MMA fight is kind of random, but still, she was fine. I think you have an idealized version of what Frost should be like and get mad (and a bit defensive) when she's not like you want, but knowing where she ends up during the game, the comic did a fine job with her.

During her training comes Scorpion.

Scorpion and Sub Zero meeting happened before present day, so Frost could have still been in training.

I think there is difference between Raiden finding her and saying "go to lin kuei" and Sonya giving her training in military and then sending her to Lin Kuei. That does make future different.

I think you have an idealized version of what Frost should be like and get mad (and a bit defensive) when she's not like you want, but knowing where she ends up during the game, the comic did a fine job with her.

Yeah Yeah I know. I get that shit a lot. Just because I drew fan fic MK comics, I somehow decided that everything in MK canon universe, should be like I imagine.
Well answer is no. Do I have an image of an ideal Frost? Yes. But so do I of entire MK universe. Even so, I don't want MK creators to do everything my way. That's absurd. I just want different. Different. Not copy paste.

Yeah I wrote a short story of Frost and you could show that story with even less panels than what Frost got now. You can tell half of the story with one picture.

Also "mad and defensive". I am disappointed. I was Mad when MKX crashed every time I tried to play it, after waiting for it for almost a year. Frost... just last kicks in the wound. Her entire cameo was something I have already seen. Hell I tried to trick myself, I pretty much begged Cassie to kill Frost after such lame ass end of the fight and the most embarrassing plot armor save. That was one pathetic writing there (one of very few btw).

Oh she is small character. So ok. Don't waste resources and just give her one picture. More than enough. Her standing somewhere in the alley between buildings and watching main characters fight on rooftops would have been better. Hell her standing in the streets, or just being mentioned would have been better than waiting whole year, with all excitement build up and speculating how Frost changed, knowing that what Raiden did, caused A MASSIVE ripple effect, which changed so much... only to see that... Frost joined Lin Kuei same way, got frozen same way, and she is as dumb as before.

I dunno how to make it more clear. I just want different something. Different doesn't mean it has to be massive, or something important. Just something small, but DIFFERENT

I will be honest. I take no pleasure on talking crap about Frost. Especially when I like her so much. But I also don't take pleasure in reading copy paste story. I heard that story 10 years ago. Wanted something different. She is not important. Fine. So how about you don't waste resources and make same goddamn story but just put her in the background and give some space for imagination.

Game cameo was also beyond tragic. The moment I saw Frost in game I facepalmed myself so hard, I left Wilson on my face. I knew from very first moment that Sub Zero is gonna freeze her.

While other characters even the goddamn Hsu Hao, who is supposed to be below Frost by popularity... was able to surprise me. His few pages were more interesting and unpredictable than whole Frost screen time.

Sigh... ok enough of ranting. In short. Didn't like it. Nor gonna do anything about it (not like I can do anything about it to begin with. I just draw fan fic comics, and if anyone were to read them they would just rip their hair out).

Her cameo sucked, her comic story sucked. Everything about her sucked so far in this timeline. End of story.

As for Cyrax part. It was pretty amusing, to be honest. As I drew something similar couple months ago just Cyrax took down Sektor himself by using self destruction. Kinda had the feeling that if Cyrax were to appear in MKX he would die taking out Sektor instead of becoming human.

She only appeared in one game! Armageddon doesn't count because they brought back every "nobody".

I'm a lightweight Frost fan, but why do you expect so much out of them when it comes to a character that gets shit on every time she's brought up? Could they revamp her? Absolutely, but it's safer to just work on new and existing characters.

Frost has a small cameo in 2 parts of the comic. Why would they change her backstory just to shoehorn her in those 5-6 panels she shows up in?

She was in Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Mortal Kombat: Deception Unchained, and then Armageddon

Deception Unchained doesn't count. They ported her over, like the afterthought she is.

I am kinda confused by this "doesn't count". Those games exist, people played them and it was said that both unchained and armageddon are canon. MK9 makes Armageddon canon, while Armageddon makes Unchained canon by the fact that Frost body is found in Armageddon in exact place where she was left by Sub Zero in unchained.

Or you know... don't answer. I am getting feeling that I might get into useless discussion over how "official" something is, even if developers themselves, the masters of MK universe, the guys with last word said that those games are canon.

Frost is the Sakura Kasugano of Mortal Kombat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

How does that ignore work. Because I put you on ignore aaaand... I am still seeing your messages. I was told you will disappear from my existence if I were to put you on ignore.