Old School roll call!!!

Re: How old are you? Any old school MK players here?

22. I was playing MK1 on SEGA back in the day. Never had the chance to play MK in an arcade, though. Which is a little sad... But I suck at Arcade controls.

I just made 20 last month and MK is one of my earliest memories too. My first one was the original on Genesis, then I got MKII for the same system. Thennnn I got MKT and MK4 for PSX. Then MKDA, MKD, MKA for PS2 and MKvsDCU lived in my collection for a little while. So I've pretty much had an iteration of each game in the series.

Oh P.S. I also have an ancient copy of MKMSZ on my 64 :p

je78... you sound like my clone man. I'm 32 and have been playing MK since the beginning too. Besides the arcades, I had MK on the SNES (it was still much better than the genisis version, even w/out the blood). I was a big fan of MKII on the SNES and played MK3 and UMK3 as well. Like you, I stopped playing once it went to 3D... never felt rigth to me either. I have UMK3 on my 360 and MKII on my PS3 and I've really enjoyed playing those (but man, that old computer AI is both terrible and completely cheap making the game frustratingly hard!!!)

Like you, I've gone completely nerdy since the announcement of the new MK. Bringing back the old school was the right move and the game looks fantastic.

I'm really curious the appeal to some of these early 20's people and teenagers. Some of them weren't even born when the first MK came to arcades and they never got to witness the media uproar and subsequent "I want to play that game" that resulted.

21. First MK game was MK1 on sega then MK2 on Super nintendo MKTrilogy on Ps2 Mk4 for the N64.

Cool guys, thanks for making me feel like the old guy of the group. haha.

@Ricochetmatt MK in the arcade was awesome, there was always a huge crowd around you while you played, winning was the best feeling, and if you were good enough to pull off a fatality it was just that much better.

I'm 21 years old, and my first MK was MK1 for the SNES. Then MK2 for the Genesis, and the rest is history. I've had every single MK game except for Special Forces (barf!). I still have my MK2 game in its original box with everything it came with and still works like the day I got it. It's my MK pride and joy.

33 isn't old.. in fact, I've met enough interesting people for the past 2 years that it made me realize that age is really *just* a number. Made me feel stupid for feeling old when hitting 26 about 6 years ago; I'm 31 one, and there is a good number of us here born in 79 here.

I've been playing the games since 1993, starting on the Genesis actually and I didn't get exposure to the arcade versions until a year later. UMK3 is the only game that I played the most out of it during its heyday, and even MK4 in fact.

21. Been playing since a small child. like toddler status lol for real. My dad always had the latest MKs (at that time, MK1,2,3) on our sega so I never had to experience the arcades...which I dont mind at all. Since then, I've gotten or bought every proceeding MK.

Im 31 and I too remember the good old arcade days playing MK 1 2 3 ect It's nothing to be ashamed of and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I still play MK 2 all the time and I will be rocking the MK 9 demo later on today!!

26 - started playing MK2 on sega Game Gear - been playing since

je78... you sound like my clone man. I'm 32 and have been playing MK since the beginning too. Besides the arcades, I had MK on the SNES (it was still much better than the genisis version, even w/out the blood). I was a big fan of MKII on the SNES and played MK3 and UMK3 as well. Like you, I stopped playing once it went to 3D... never felt rigth to me either. I have UMK3 on my 360 and MKII on my PS3 and I've really enjoyed playing those (but man, that old computer AI is both terrible and completely cheap making the game frustratingly hard!!!)

Like you, I've gone completely nerdy since the announcement of the new MK. Bringing back the old school was the right move and the game looks fantastic.

I'm really curious the appeal to some of these early 20's people and teenagers. Some of them weren't even born when the first MK came to arcades and they never got to witness the media uproar and subsequent "I want to play that game" that resulted.

Thank you!! Some one I can relate with haha. I to am wondering what the younger generation will think about the 2D old school style fighting as well. I can't wait for it and think its overdue, it will be more fluid with the horsepower of the PS3 and 360 so I think its going to be a win win. As for going nerdy, I'm with you, I've been playing MK2 twice as much, even fired up the emulators on my PC for MK1 and MK3. I went to gamestop yesterday to pre-order the Tournament edition but they're sold out. That bummed me out.

I'm 27, my dad owned a Billiards+arcade when I was a young lad. I was born into gaming :) Long time ago almost every little convenience store had at least an MK+street fighter cab. Now dedicated/entire arcades have vanished. Good old consoles put on too much pressure for 10k$+ per arcade cabs...

32 here. MK2 was the absolute best and I waited all day in school waiting to get out so I could drive 1 hour to the nearest store and buy it for the SNES.

See, I dont care that I missed the arcade era, but i really wish I had been old enough to be aware of the media uproar - thats the only thing I would go back in time to witness.

I have been playing Mk for a while...I want to say it is my favorite Franchise.I am 26 years old and I feel u bro its like waiting on Christmas to get here.I played Mk2 alot as well.I remember me and my buddy would get so mad at each other.I never had any real challenges when i played cause my family wasnt into it....so i assume im a bad ass.I never really got into the mortal kombats after MK Trilogy.Im really excited about the web series and the game...April will be an amazing month.

33 isn't old.. in fact, I've met enough interesting people for the past 2 years that it made me realize that age is really *just* a number. Made me feel stupid for feeling old when hitting 26 about 6 years ago; I'm 31 one, and there is a good number of us here born in 79 here.

I guess thats why my wife says i'm 33 but act 13. I'm fine with that.

I am 16. Ahhh the 1st time I played Mortal Kombat when I was like 4 or 5. I had MK2 and MK1 on SNES and MK4 arcade at a pizza place. Didn't really know there wasn't blood in MK1 but I still played it but I played MK2 more until my brothers sold it:(. The MK4 was just removed like last year bekause people(I am one of them)kept scaring the little kids with Fatailties lol. The only MK games I have now is MKSM, MKD, MKA, MKDA, and MKvsDC. I have MK2 on 32x but I don't own the system:/. I still love Mortal Kombat till this day and I love my Mortal Kombat pure as well.

Currently 19, turning 20 in July. First Played MK III back in the day but then never played another MK until Shaolin monks...I know, long gap of time... I still loved the series but I never ended up playing the games for some reason. Guess you could say I never really got a chance to since almost none of my friends at the time were MK fans. Then in highschool, things changed ;)
MK Shaolin Monks and Armageddon were my first PS2 games :)

28 here, I've been playing since the original MK arcade came to our local Tilt. I was hooked since I first saw Sub Zero's fatality, I gotta admit, the early 90's was the best time for arcades, we'll never see days like that again, thank god for PSN and XBL for slowly bringing all the classics(X-men arcade, TMNT 1989,MK II to name a few) to the current gen systems