Killer instinct

I also would love to see Killer Instinct be resurrected! I think the main reason why there isn't a KI3 is because developer Rare is owned by Microsoft. Because of this, bringing back KI would limit it to the Xbox console only. Fighting games are big, but to really make a profit the game should be multiplatform, and this is not going to happen for a long time I'm afraid... Let's get our hopes up for a Killer Instinct HD Collection for Xbox Live!!

Killer Instinct was RARES attempt at taking the best elements of SF and MK and putting it into one game.

I enjoyed the game, and in the arcades, I mained Glacius and Sabrewolf.

Oh, and Eyedol was one of the best looking and sounding bosses of a fighting game ever!

I've not been a fan of VS games or guest stars, but I think someone like Eyedol, Ripter, Spinal or Chief Thunder would fit in nicely.

This reminds me of a little known game I got on the SNES years ago called Weapon Lord by Namco. Very, VERY violent one on one fighter.

Killer Instinct was an awesome game. I do hope they bring it back someday.
It was my first SNES game (because it came with it)

I'm kinda curious.. did anyone else flip out because the cartridge was black? i sure did, but then i was 6 or 7 at the time

I'm kinda curious.. did anyone else flip out because the cartridge was black? i sure did, but then i was 6 or 7 at the time

I remember that! I thought mine was special or something, hahaha.

Wow you got your SNES late if you got KI with it. No, I didn't flip out about the cartridge being black, I just thought it was cool. (I was 15... you young'uns...)

The entire summer of 97 dedicated to KI, yes it was worth it. When I went back to school these kids got in to a fight I decided to commentate KI style just a few "Triple combos" cause these guys couldn't fight they're way out of a paper bag lol I wanted to yell "Ultra!!" so bad but they weren't worthy, and I told them so:twisted:

KI1 imo is the greatest fighting game of all time. Arcade version, not the crappy snes/gayboy versions. I love MK/SF but KI was so far ahead of its time. Combo system is still the best imo to date. Ultra's, shadow ultra, Ultimate's, 2 fatalities each, mercy's, pits/roof tops, etc.

I could use any character but killed folks with TJ. His 20 something rolling combo was beast.

Little known fact was the multiple endings characters had.

KI2 was pretty good but nothing compared to KI1. KI Gold wasn't bad but the big fn controller isn't fun.

For years I've wanted a KI1 arcade machine & almost got one earlier this year but didn't at the last minute.

I know you can play KI1 on a modded xbox1 but I don't understand how to mod my xbox. Wish I could buy a modded xbox but haven't been able to find one for sale.

This game came out when the internet first started becoming widely available and I wanted to start a rumor about being able to play play as Eyedol in the arcade version. I think you could play as him with a code in the SNES version.

What you were supposed to do is get perfects and Ultras on every character up until you reached Spinal. Then get a perfect on him and instead of doing a finisher, walk over to the trap door (assuming you were close enough), hold down and press Weak Punch. After that, the trap door would open and you could pick Eyedol.

Never got around to posting it, but I doubt anyone would've taken the bait anyhow. :(

KI is at the top of my list of games I'd like to see remade using current technology. I honestly feel that NetherRealm (although, will probably never happen) would do an amazing job with the game.

you can play as Eyedol on the arcade version, select Riptore hold left QP,MP,FP or something like that

Maybe the rumor was to play as Shao Kahn. I don't really remember, but I know that was what I wanted the method to be. The sheer difficulty of it would've pissed so many people off.

KI was a real fun game but the fighters were really super cheesy. a raptor, werewolf, and a mike tyson wanna be? yeah no. the only decent fighters were orchid, jago, cinder and kim wu. it had a great fighting mechanic but a really horrible story. KI2 kinda ruined the series, the first one was alot of fun though. its no wonder rare never brought it back. its the b-movie of fighters

KI was a real fun game but the fighters were really super cheesy. a raptor, werewolf, and a mike tyson wanna be? yeah no. the only decent fighters were orchid, jago, cinder and kim wu. it had a great fighting mechanic but a really horrible story. KI2 kinda ruined the series, the first one was alot of fun though. its no wonder rare never brought it back. its the b-movie of fighters
Hell No!, Killer instinct has the best characters next to mortal kombat. Story is also not important for it is only a fighting game (not every fighter story has to set their standars high to compete with MK)

And B-movie of fighters? thats a compliment in my view, I miss it when games didnt take themselves too serious, rare always had a way with making things over the top and humorous. Same with NRS when they made mk9.

Killer Instinct and Mortal Kombat earn my respect for being the few fighters with likable characters, no spikey haired loudmouth 12 year olds in these games. Just Dinosaurs, skeletons, Ninjas, robots, barbarians, werewolfs, and anything else a kid would think is badass.

we are in desperate need of a new Killer instinct game, considering how bland all fighters are besides MK

This game came out when the internet first started becoming widely available and I wanted to start a rumor about being able to play play as Eyedol in the arcade version. I think you could play as him with a code in the SNES version.

What you were supposed to do is get perfects and Ultras on every character up until you reached Spinal. Then get a perfect on him and instead of doing a finisher, walk over to the trap door (assuming you were close enough), hold down and press Weak Punch. After that, the trap door would open and you could pick Eyedol.

Never got around to posting it, but I doubt anyone would've taken the bait anyhow. :(

They might have... back in the dark ages, people used to believe my fake MK secrets from time to time... at least in the early days before I got all over-the-top.

Not to mention Orchid had that finisher where she'd flash her opponent, no doubt a winking reference to the MK "nudality" rumors.

It isn't my favorite fighter by a stretch, but I do appreciate Killer Instinct a lot. I'd put in a preorder for KI3 in about half a second.