Johnny Cage Thread - "I make this look easy!"

Well well, if it isn't the only guy who made me respect Johnny Cage. Please, spew your knowledge so that I may exploit JC's weaknesses for my personal usage :twisted:

lol Mike doing a EX nut punch on everyone in here.

Mike I got a question. Is 1,3 kind of useless? I mean "people say it's for "baiting pokes"" but you can easily see when it happens and just backdash instead of poking after that string lol.

just saying I don't hardly see Dizzy ever use it.

1,3 is an OK pressure tool to use to bait pokes, yes. The cool thing about 1,3 is the mixup you can create with 11 pressure.

So say if you were doing 11, 11, and the person is going to crouch and poke/uppercut...the 3 will hit and if you know that you'll hit them, you can actually confirm the 3 into a nutpunch.

Here is all of Cage's Nut Punch Strings

Also isn't 13 ex projectile the only way to jail the likes of reptile and ermac with his projectile trap?

P.s. mike we need to play more. We always have awesome matches.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Also isn't 13 ex projectile the only way to jail the likes of reptile and ermac with his projectile trap?

P.s. mike we need to play more. We always have awesome matches.

Yeah! Thanks for reminding me of this actually!

Jailing a string only works after a jump punch, so if the Reptile and Ermac was smart about it they can avoid the 1,3 exfb if its NOT off a jp. If a Cage player really needs the chip mid screen he can do a jump punch f2(let both elbows hit) and the exfb.

In the corner 114 exfb works against Ermac and Reptile as opposed to F33b3 (fbs would whiff)

Yeah! Thanks for reminding me of this actually!

Jailing a string only works after a jump punch, so if the Reptile and Ermac was smart about it they can avoid the 1,3 exfb if its NOT off a jp. If a Cage player really needs the chip mid screen he can do a jump punch f2(let both elbows hit) and the exfb.

In the corner 114 exfb works against Ermac and Reptile as opposed to F33b3 (fbs would whiff)

Ahh I didn't know it had to be off jip. That explains some inconsistencies I've noticed.

1,3 is an OK pressure tool to use to bait pokes, yes. The cool thing about 1,3 is the mixup you can create with 11 pressure.

So say if you were doing 11, 11, and the person is going to crouch and poke/uppercut...the 3 will hit and if you know that you'll hit them, you can actually confirm the 3 into a nutpunch.

Here is all of Cage's Nut Punch Strings

That's a sick set up/mix up I didn't think about, Thanks.

I really like Johnny Cage as a character, and up close he's beast, but I can usually keep him far away with Kabal! :)

He can still get in ;)
Dash blocking is really effective against Kabal, it's not that hard to get in, just requires patience.

As a beginner Johnny player thanks for this guide ^.^

Don't use the guide on the front post, you will get DESTROYED.

Here are combos you HAVE to know

F4/b3 2 dash 2 dash 2 dash 44 nutpunch. <- your main combo, the nut punch leaves them at this stagger state where you can keep hitting them for chip damage

21f2, dash f3 (f3 but not needed) nut punch <- your main combo for the 21f2 launcher

Corner
21f2/f4/b3 2 2 2 2 2 11 11 13 nutpunch. You can repleace 11 11 13 with 11 11 3 or 11 114 nut. They all do the same amount of damage.

Cage in general is all about getting in someone's face and staying there. The match-ups you will have a hard time learning at first with Cage are people who generally play the distance game.

I fucs with Johnny Cage always been one of my favorite characters, I just need to incorporate sum of Mike's stuff with mine and learn a couple of match ups and I'm good S/O to Mike Riazy

I hope he'll have some kind ouf outfit in MK10 similar to Mileena's third outfit in MK10. More like a male stripper. ;)

Hi. Beginner here. Could some one please give me a few good six through eight hit combos for Johnny. Also what's a combo cancel?

why don't you use this???

Don't use the guide on the front post, you will get DESTROYED.

Here are combos you HAVE to know

F4/b3 2 dash 2 dash 2 dash 44 nutpunch. <- your main combo, the nut punch leaves them at this stagger state where you can keep hitting them for chip damage

21f2, dash f3 (f3 but not needed) nut punch <- your main combo for the 21f2 launcher

Corner
21f2/f4/b3 2 2 2 2 2 11 11 13 nutpunch. You can repleace 11 11 13 with 11 11 3 or 11 114 nut. They all do the same amount of damage.

Cage in general is all about getting in someone's face and staying there. The match-ups you will have a hard time learning at first with Cage are people who generally play the distance game.

I could never get out Cage's babality. It's the same dang input as his shadow kick. Holding block while inputting doesn't help me either. Any suggestions?

Ok, Baraka and Reptile both are kicking my ass on Ladder (Hard) when they are high-up in it, like at place 5 or above.

I need strategies against them. May main combo is 2-1-F+2-4-4-Ultra Flipkick.
Also I use the variants of F+3-3-Special Move.

Aside a random Rain or Shang Tsung, Baraka and Reptile are the only two characters that offer me a hard time everytime I face them.