Ultimate Mortal Kombat 9?

Well in what ways do you suppose that NRS will still be able to support MK9? If Ed Boon said no more DLC for MK9 and your post as Ed Boon tweeted on Twitter states that there wont be an UMK9 then what can they release then for MK9? To be honest i remember that same tweet message regarding UMK9 but the way he is mentioning doesnt really sound like they are finished with MK9 i say an UMK9 is in the works for 2012 but they just dont want to say anything just yet.

The online is STILL laggy, and there's a lot that they can don in terms of making it more seamless.

They are working on something at the moment, as far a mocap goes, but Carlos Pesina says that it's not MK9 related.

My dream Hypothetical UMK9

-WAY more advanced training mode. SSFIV but MORE

-ALOT more costumes, costumes are liked alot more than people think.

-Stages are meh to me. So anything with that.

-doesn't have to move on to the shinnok story. It could go more in depth with characters that didn't get much light in UMK9 story mode. aka more about reptile ect ect.

-Few new strings (nothing game changing purely asthetics). Seeing the same looking combo over and over isn't that attractive to viewing.

-Maybe add 1-2 more tools to make the game a bit more deep?

-Online features I'd like to see:

A Ranking system like that of Starcraft 2 or SSFIV

A crew match: essentially like 5vs5. each person once loses 2 rounds is knocked out. I think something like this would be fun. I don't like Street fighters way of doing it. I want the "rounds" to act as lives. If you're confused I can explain.

TEST YOUR LUCK ONLINE: not competitive but good for lighten up and the LOLs

A In-built tournament bracket.

ability to save a replay of previous match.

with tag being a part of the game. Some cool Co-op stuff would be nice.
like a Co-op Challenge tower.

BE ABLE TO TEAM WITH OTHERS IN TAG ONLINE W/O HAVING TO BE ON THE SAME CONSOLE.

a couple more characters (I'm fine as is but more doesn't hurt)
More balance.

Character specific dialogue (for Intros into the fight)

If scorpion and subzero are fighting their dialogue should be special.

It's purely asthetic but it makes intros alot more interesting.

Blazblue does this they have like 2-3 different openings and they are for the most part character specific. who fighting who.

I know this doesnt add to much but what about a taunt button? Or are the babalities enough of a taunt already. Also a costume pack would be awesome.

One thing i really want is co-op X-Rays. Maybe co-op fatalites *thinks about it* well maybe not

so we are time travelers now?

Yep! Sure are LOL ;) ... come on now dont throw your sarcasim at me seriously, ive said it clean and clear already and i dont have a problem saying it again. If Ed boon said there wont be anymore DLC for MK9 but are still planning to support MK9 what other way than UMK9? Its that simple. It sure cant be MK10 because he did say that they still plan on supporting MK9.

UMK9?... Day One pick up

UMK9 ... Day 365 pick up.
I REFUSE to pay full price for the same exact shit that I already have, with a few more stages and characters.
If this ever does happen, which I doubt, I'll pick it up when it sells for $5 or $6 on PSN.

Last edited:
UMK9 ... Day 365 pick up.
I REFUSE to pay full price for the same exact shit that I already have, with a few more stages and characters.
If this ever does happen, which I doubt, I'll pick it up when it sells for $5 or $6 on PSN.
You go ahead and do that. I honestly dont think that they will make an additional cd for UMK9 i hope its an add on content to the origional mk9 cd unto your PS3 or Xbox 360 for 20 or 30 dollars.

I would not mind Ultimate Mk 9. Updated story mode, new characters, new stages, new costumes would be nice. I remember Boon talking about another Shokan character they where thinking about using for DLC but it never happened. It would be cool to have this character in Ultimate Mk9.