SPOILER ALERT:Mortal Kombat X DIGITAL COMIC DISCUSSION

For those who've studied western philosophy, would it be fair to say that Sektor takes after Frederic Nietzche's concepts?

1. He uses the cyber-initiative as a means of transcending human (read: MORTAL) limitations, thus making him a robotic I]Ubermench[/I] (The Over-Man)

2. He doesn't care about vengeance like Scorpion, or the preservation of humanity like Raiden. Whatever ethic or code the Lin Kuei traditionally abided by - and Sub-Zero embraces then uses when reforming - is something Sektor evidently doesn't follow. (Nihilism)

3. His allegiance to Shao Kahn, someone with great strength who is not afraid to exercise it ("the will to power")

Whatever ethic or code the Lin Kuei traditionally abided by - and Sub-Zero embraces then uses when reforming - is something Sektor evidently doesn't follow.

So this must explain why Raiden had a memorial portrait of the Lin Kuei Founder in the Sky Temple.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

So this must explain why Raiden had a memorial portrait of the Lin Kuei Founder in the Sky Temple.

Sub-Zero's ancestor was one of the Earthrealm defenders of that generation.
Many of the modern day descendants have ancestors with magical abilities. Johnny Cage is known to be the result of DNA experimentation started in an ancient Mediterranean cult, probably set up by the Elder Gods with the precise purpose to stop Shinnok's second coming. His offspring Cassie has the same DNA as her father and is also able to stop Shinnok.
Many more Earthrealm heroes may actually descend from that cult: Sonya, Kenshi, Liu Kang, Kung Lao etc., their magical abilities getting stronger with each generation. "May", we don't know. But it would make sense that Johnny's and Sonya's genes created the ultimate defense weapon: Cassie Cage.

Others, like Sub-Zero, have origins in the icy mountains of Outworld, where the cryomancer civilization was destroyed and only a few escaped to Earthrealm.

Last edited:
Well then, the Lin Kuei obviously corrupted itself down the line. Even hundreds of years prior, the Shirai Ryu founder Takeda (not to be confused with Kenshi's son) had a bounty placed on his life by the Lin Kuei simply for leaving the latter. That doesn't sound like something an honorable defender of Earthrealm would do.

Doesn't look like I'll be doing the summary tonight. For whatever dumb reason, even though the comic is up in the American iBooks store, they've decided not to put it up in the Canadian store. =/

Doesn't look like I'll be doing the summary tonight. For whatever dumb reason, even though the comic is up in the American iBooks store, they've decided not to put it up in the Canadian store. =/
Google Play did that shit with us on #33. I had to wait 8 full days to buy the damn thing.

Ahh, hopefully its available for you soon. I enjoy reading your summaries, thanks for them!

Spoiler:
RIP Cyrax

That explanation was honestly kind of shitty. Seeing Daegon again was nice though, and it gives Goro a way to get his arms back.

I think i'll let [MENTION=18507]Harpoon[/MENTION] handle it, i'm afraid i'd f*** it up and leave out too many important details. lol
Ended up reading it myself. Im disappointed but not suprised.
Im sure Sheeva is going to die in the future aswell.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

I think the first part was a bit boring tbh, as it did not really get a grip on me. The last part as really spectacular and shocking again. Seeing Daegon and Goro again.

... and well, Jax should go visit Daegon.:_wink:

Tarkatans - dead

Oni - dead

Cyborgs - dead

Tigrar Shokan - dead

But hey, at least you get to play as Sonya's daughter! /Salt

Well, it's still not up on the Canadian iBooks store (come on Apple), but I've read it.

This is it. Hard to believe it's over after all these months. The final chapter: "Fight to the Finish."

Spoiler:
We open up on Sub-Zero pushing Sektor's flames back with his own blast of ice, while Cyrax uses his nets to hold off the cyborg reinforcements. Kuai Liang asks Cyrax if he can shut the cyborgs down, but Cyrax explains that the only Sektor can: the cyborgs need a central master to operate, as they can't function independently. Sektor yells for Sub-Zero to yield, believing that every clone the cryomancer has fought has allowed him to learn exactly what Sub-Zero's strength and limits are. However, as Sub-Zero creates an ice sword and shield and slides through the flames to Sektor, he reveals a startling truth to the cybernetic Grandmaster: in all of those fights with the Lin Kuei's cyborgs, he's been holding back. And with that, he slices off both of Sektor's arms before also tearing his head off with his bare hands!

The army of cyborgs immediately becomes confused at its master's demise... but only momentarily. They then start looking for a replacement, and find one in Cyrax, declaring him to be the new master due to his being the last original cyber. Cyrax orders the cyborgs to wait outside while he talks alone with Kuai Liang, who believes that there's hope for Cyrax and all of the other cyborgs to be restored to human form. Cyrax is convinced that Kuai can restore the Lin Kuei's honor, and also comments on how good it was to fight alongside a real Lin Kuei one last time. Sub-Zero tries to tell Cyrax there's hope, but Cyrax is convinced the Lin Kuei need a clean slate, and then activates the base's auto-destruct sequence. Cyrax then tells the Lin Kuei's new Grandmaster to make it count.

Outside the base's front doors, Bo' Rai Cho enjoys a drink as several cyborgs lie in defeat around him. But just then, the entire base suddenly explodes, sending the Master of the Drunken Fist flying! Bo' cries in pain as the flames burn him, but Sub-Zero--who protected himself from the explosion with a barrier of ice and has Sektor's head in tow--freezes Bo' and everything around him. Then breaking Bo' free, Sub-Zero apologizes for freezing him, but the disoriented master tells Kuai to buy him a stiff drink and they'll call it even. Kuai agrees to one round, but after that, he needs some time alone...

A few weeks later, at the Lin Kuei Palace in Arctika, Sub-Zero meditates in front of the Lin Kuei founder's statue. A hand suddenly reaches for his shoulder, but Sub-Zero flips his apparent assailant over to find that it's none other than Frost! Sub-Zero demands to know who she is and what she's doing here, and Frost introduces herself before saying that Raiden invited her to the tournament. Sub-Zero is puzzled at this mention of a tournament, and Frost explains that it's to join the new Lin Kuei, so that her and everyone else there can audition and show off their talents. Sub-Zero is startled to hear this, and looks up to find that Frost is indeed far from alone: a massive crowd of warriors of all shapes and sizes has gathered to compete for the chance to join the new Lin Kuei! Sub-Zero considers just leaving them all out on the tundra to freeze, but begrudgingly admits that maybe one or two of them are worthy of becoming Lin Kuei if they've made it that far. He gives only one rule, however, turning to Frost: don't attack your master. Sub-Zero then tells the various warriors to come with him, also wishing to talk to Raiden...

At the Red Dragon's stronghold in the Krimson Forest, Goro has come to the front gate, pulling along a sled that's chained to his leg. Goro demands to see Daegon, but the guards refuse to let him past and start making fun of the crippled prince. Proving that he doesn't need his arms to be a threat, Goro kicks one of the guards to the ground and stomps on him. Goro is ordered to stop by a voice, and turns to find himself face-to-face with the founder of the Red Dragon himself: Daegon. Goro explains how he came out of interest in the Red Dragon's Dragon King, Onaga. Daegon muses on how it was indeed said that if you cut off Onaga's hand, another would grow in its place, and then asks Goro why he should help him. The Shokan Prince was prepared for this, and reveals what lies on the sled he pulls: a battered and bloodied Kenshi! Upon seeing this, Daegon becomes quite happy with Goro indeed...

The end?

After that cliffhanger, I'd certainly like to see a second season!

It's nice to see more characters than we did in the game, but god the plotting of this thing is a mess. And the characters we do see are mostly just cannon fodder, to the point where I don't WANT any of my favorites to turn up.