Smoke Thread - "Where There is Smoke, There is Fire!"

Why use the teleport when you have the shake? I'm no Smoke player so pardon me if the move doesn't work against Noob, but isn't shake the reason why Smoke is a "spammer killer"?

Both are equal in terms of their ability to punish a projectile, however Teleport does more damage I believe

Thread kombos updated! How's the online game going for my fellow Smoke users?

It's going great :) Smoke, Sub-Zero and Ermac gave me a lot of victories!
I registered myself to an italian online tournament in which the players have to use only 1 character for all the matches, and I chose to play using Smoke :)

It's going great :) Smoke, Sub-Zero and Ermac gave me a lot of victories!
I registered myself to an italian online tournament in which the players have to use only 1 character for all the matches, and I chose to play using Smoke :)

Very awesome!! Did you have to pay to register in the tourney?

Smoke BnBs, please subscribe, thumbs up and leave any character requests you have in the comments.

Kombo 1: Hitconfirm 44%
FKxxD+FPxxBP, fj.FKxxAir Throw, OTG Smoke Cloud, fd, FKxxD+FPxxBP, fj.FKxxAir Throw, OTG Smoke Cloud

Kombo 2: Hitconfirm 33%
FPxxFPxxSmoke Cloud, fd, FKxxD+FPxxBP, fd, FKxxD+FPxxBP, fj.FKxxAir Throw, OTG Smoke Cloud

Kombo 3: Overhead 34%
B+BPxxSmoke Cloud, fd, FKxxD+FPxxBP, fd, FKxxD+FPxxBP, fj.FKxxAir Throw, OTG Smoke Cloud

Kombo 4: Anti-air 40%
fj.FKxxAir Throw, OTG Smoke Cloud, fd, FKxxD+FPxxBP, fj.FKxxAir Throw, OTG Smoke Cloud

Kombo 5: Smoke Cloud 30%
Smoke Cloud, FKxxD+FPxxBP, fd, FKxxD+FPxxBP, fj.FKxxAir Throw, OTG Smoke Cloud

Kombo 6: Neutral-jump 36%
nj.BP, fd, FKxxD+FPxxBP, fd, FKxxD+FPxxBP, fj.FKxxAir Throw, OTG Smoke Cloud, fj.FKxxAir Throw, OTG Smoke Cloud

Kombo 7: Jump-in 47%
fj.FP, FKxxD+FPxxBP, fj.FKxxAir Throw, OTG Smoke Cloud, fd, FKxxD+FPxxBP, fj.FKxxAir Throw, OTG Smoke Cloud

Kombo 8: Jump-in 41%
fj.FKxxAir Throw, OTG Smoke Cloud, fd, FKxxD+FPxxBP, fj.FKxxAir Throw, OTG Smoke Cloud

Kombo 9: 1 bar 50%
fj.FP, FKxxD+FPxxBP, fj.FKxxAir Throw, OTG Smoke Bomb(Enhanced), fd, FKxxD+FPxxBP, fj.FKxxAir Throw, OTG Smoke Cloud

Kombo 10: X-Ray 52%
fj.FP, FKxxD+FPxxBP, fj.FKxxAir Throw, OTG Smoke Cloud, Burn Out(X-Ray)

Kombo 11: Float Punish 37%
FKxxBP, fj.FKxxAir Throw, OTG Smoke Cloud, fd, FKxxD+FPxxBP, fj.FKxxAir Throw, OTG Smoke Cloud

Smoke, considering that you only get 2% more damage comboing into X-Ray, I wouldn't bother unless you're looking for a flash finish. Remember you have to delay it after the Smoke Cloud and the window to hit with it is pretty small. Don't drop it.

The timing for the OTG Smoke Cloud is incredibly tight any time you perform the fj.FKxxAir Throw on the first 4/5 of your jump arc. Remember practice practice practice or, if you've been watching my inputs, MASH IT OUT.

yea kung lao needs it.. and im glad im not the only one who thinks kano is a bit OP with the past update.
Kung Lao is definitely advantageous when played online. Does he give my Smoke trouble? Absolutely not. However my lesser mains (Kabal for instance) have a harder time dealing with him.

I regret that Smoke is a spammer character in MK9. I would rather see him and Scorpion to be very difficult to play with. It's not fun to play against bad Smoke players. I've never lost against Smoke. He is too predictable.

Im only just starting out with Smoke, but im hearing that he's considered basically a Noob character, despite the fact I've put in the hours in training, and Im not a spammer, am I still considered "Noob" for using him? He just so happens to be the character that clicked with me, and I personally enjoy playing as him as all, (A lot of thanks to this thread, I may add!)

@ninjadeathcake. Don't take it personally man. The online community is particularly noxious. U can win without spamming and they will still *****. U can win with spamming which is perfectly fine cuz it means the person couldnt beat such a simple tactic. He's a good char. I main noob saibot I get complaints all the time :)

@AedanWolfe - Thing is, Im not even playing online yet, still need to get some points together for the Online Code. Im just trying to practice all-round ready for when I can go online, was just wary of being a Noob in the eyes of players for simply being good with Smoke. Thanks for the answer man :3

@AedanWolfe - Thing is, Im not even playing online yet, still need to get some points together for the Online Code. Im just trying to practice all-round ready for when I can go online, was just wary of being a Noob in the eyes of players for simply being good with Smoke. Thanks for the answer man :3

Good! I read that you are European, so if you want someone to spare with when you will start playing online, I'm here!

@Asodimazze - I'd love to have some decent Europeans to spar with, but Im on 360 and youre on PS3 =( !

And my apologies if anyone deems me to be going "Off-Topic" >.<"

Will the first page we rewritten after the patch so us beginners know how to get these combos?