Resident Evil 1-5 and everything in between =)

It means that the entire game hasn't finished downloading, but enough was downloaded for you to start playing. For example, when I bought Sunset Overdrive for Xbox One, I could do side quests but couldn't continue the main missions until the game was fully downloaded onto my hard drive. So you just need to wait for the PS4 to download it 100%, then you can advance.

I was tempted to use Jill's BSAA outfit but I love her original S.T.A.R.S look way too much. When I do my Chris playthrough, I will be using his RE5 skin though because its his Lost in Nightmares outfit, which I liked a lot.

It means that the entire game hasn't finished downloading, but enough was downloaded for you to start playing. For example, when I bought Sunset Overdrive for Xbox One, I could do side quests but couldn't continue the main missions until the game was fully downloaded onto my hard drive. So you just need to wait for the PS4 to download it 100%, then you can advance.

I was tempted to use Jill's BSAA outfit but I love her original S.T.A.R.S look way too much. When I do my Chris playthrough, I will be using his RE5 skin though because its his Lost in Nightmares outfit, which I liked a lot.
I learned that the hard way when I got Injustice for PS4. The good thing was it was free that month, but it pretty much encouraged me to buy physical even more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I hate this partial downloads stuff. It's like the system download demo version first and say "hey, full game is installed, you can play it now", and only then it start to download the real full game, without any notifications in your download center. In my view, this stuff is annoying and pointless. Download me full game, if i wanted a demo, i will download a demo, and don't f'n lie to me about "full game installed"

Now, to the topic, how much in GBs RE1 HD for PS4?

What would make Resident Evil my ideal zombie game is IF they had more punching, kicking, grappling, and MORE STRONGER MELEE WEAPONS (LIKE THE ONES IN DYING LIGHT)!!!

I'd definitely play if Jill Valentine, Ada Wong, and Claire Redfield are able to use blades that split not only zombies vertically in half but also human enemies and big enemies such as Nemesis! Basically I'd want Jill, Ada, and Claire to wield this...

image.jpg

Last edited:
I hate this partial downloads stuff. It's like the system download demo version first and say "hey, full game is installed, you can play it now", and only then it start to download the real full game, without any notifications in your download center. In my view, this stuff is annoying and pointless. Download me full game, if i wanted a demo, i will download a demo, and don't f'n lie to me about "full game installed"

Now, to the topic, how much in GBs RE1 HD for PS4?

It's 15.3GB on PS4 I think.

I hate the web spinners so much. They're not even hard to fight, just remembered how much I find them horrifying. The spiders in Resident Evil 2 are bad enough, but seeing these detailed things in HD, my worst nightmare. Can't wait to face Black Tiger so I can shit my pants.

I hate the web spinners so much. They're not even hard to fight, just remembered how much I find them horrifying. The spiders in Resident Evil 2 are bad enough, but seeing these detailed things in HD, my worst nightmare. Can't wait to face Black Tiger so I can shit my pants.

Started my game and used no ammo. What I hate about this game is that zombies come back to life a crimson heads. I mean, seriously? When a zombie is killed, IT SHOULD STAY DEAD! But other than that, I still love the fact that I'm able to use her BSAA outfit for free and the defense items system is an awesome concept too. It's good overall. But I guess I'll have to play it the same time as Dying Light. Lol

Also, it'd be better if it had the punch and kick attacks from the later RE games (RE4 and above). I wanna be able to fight back in case I'm out of ammo wth pushing the zombie out of my zone to at least escape without getting hurt.

Started my game and used no ammo. What I hate about this game is that zombies come back to life a crimson heads. I mean, seriously?

Yeah. Seriously. Crimson Heads are probably RE's most feared enemies besides Hunters and Regenerators. Zombies not staying dead and coming back as Crimson Heads are also one of Crapcoms best ideas as it gives you something else to worry about other than just regular zombies and the lack of ammo and they definitely raise the tension when you hear banging on a door and have no idea which door it is and getting chased by one is just as scary as Nemesis chasing after you.

Also, it'd be better if it had the punch and kick attacks from the later RE games (RE4 and above). I wanna be able to fight back in case I'm out of ammo wth pushing the zombie out of my zone to at least escape without getting hurt.

The only melee attacks should be with defensive items and stomping on heads when they're at your feet. No kicking and punching. That shit would break the fvck out the old RE games and make them so damn easy. That's part of the charm of the old ones is not being able to punch and kick your way through the mansion. Not being able to run and gun and having to stand your ground when you have to kill a zombie/Cerberus/ Web Spinner/ Chimera / Hunter or whatever. Having to save your ammo because you don't know when you need it. If you run out of ammo, you dodge your way to the next safe room like the OG people like me did way back when. Adding any sort of RE4 and above element into the older RE games would completely ruin the experience as nothing would be challenging. People would play as Chris and just boulder punch their way through the whole game making it not a fun and scary experience but making it just another mindless dumb zombie game that requires no thought other than when to aim, shoot and punch.

Lol'ed hard at "boulder punch."

The new movement controls makes it a lot easier to dodge zombies anyway, so conserving ammo is actually easier than the original version.

I heard of this little trick if you burn the zombies with the canteen after you shoot them than the crimson heads don't show up later.

Last edited:
Can you dodge the enemies without using defensive knifes?

How exactly you get the armor key? I thought i can take armor key, exchange it on my sword key, and everything will be ok, but apparently i can't do it.

If you blow their heads off, you don't have to burn them.
I remember in RE3 you had a magnum, that always shot in the heads, does Remake have any specific weapons like this or some tricks to shoot them in their heads, i was able to shoot couple in heads when i was above them on a stairs, but other than that is this possible?

You can blow heads off with the samurai edge. Headshots are critical hits. Some weapons have higher critical hit percentage than others. I don't know if they are any tricks to get 100% headshots.

No, the sword key won't work. What you need is the replica of the armor key.

You'll need to..

-go to one of the outdoor garden areas
-use the dog whistle which will call two dogs
-kill the dogs and pick up the dog collar
-examine the collar
-examine the coin that drops from the collar
-boom, there's your key.

Oh thanks, totally forgot about the whistle.

Samurai Edge sounds cool, never player RE1, started with RE2.

The Samurai Egde is the standard issue pistol for STARS members. Both Chris and Jill have it as their first weapon.

Edit: I don't think Chris gets the Samurai Edge.

Last edited:
You can blow heads off with the samurai edge. Headshots are critical hits. Some weapons have higher critical hit percentage than others. I don't know if they are any tricks to get 100% headshots.

Use the shotgun and when aiming, aim up and wait for the zombie to get as close as possible and then blow their head off. It's been a trick that has worked since the first RE game.

The Samurai Egde is the standard issue pistol for STARS members. Both Chris and Jill have it as their first weapon.

Edit: I don't think Chris gets the Samurai Edge.

Chris gets the Samurai Edge in the main hall at the very beginning of the game. Though it's not his (It's Jill's) he still has and uses one.
Every S.T.A.R.S. member has a samurai Edge, even Barry does, but his is more on the custom side than any of the others and Barry doesn't use it either as he has the .357 Magnum.

Thanks man, I've played the remake a lot so I'm kind of burned on it. So if it's not that different I'll wait til I feel like playing it in the far future to play it pretty.