Official DLC Ideas Discussion ~ Stages, Costumes, Characters, -alities, etc.

sooo....there's a rumor that predator may be a new dlc character. I mean..after freddy, I can def see this happening. I think predator will be cool. he can turn invisible, has projectiles and I think he fatalities will be sick thanks to his claw, spear and laser he has

Re: Jason Voorhees in MK9?

"I find no fault unto this man"...:) I couldn't agree with you more, been thinking that my self, Jason would be a great addition to the game. He makes perfect sense, since you have Freddy in it. This Freddy "bridge" opens up new "doors". I would add to the stack the following Characters: Freddy Krueger - Jason Voorhees - The clown (from movie IT) - EDDY (from Iron Maiden) - Texas chainsaw guy - The ghostly masked figure (from movie scream) - the guy from 1987 Halloween horror movie..

Didn't like the idea of Freddy in MK 9 and I wouldn't want Jason in either.
That's just my 2 cents though. ;-)

LMAO

I love the F13 movies, and used to play Terrordrome as well, but I would never want to see Jason in MK. The two are so far removed that there's no way it could work.
What I'd love to see though, and I've brought it up once before, is a game like Terrordrome made into a proper fighter. That would be awesome, but unfortunately something no company would ever make.
^^
THIS!!!

A separate horror icon fighting game? That's fine.
I just wish they'd keep these obscure characters out of MK 9.

First of all if they put him in the game its gonna mess up the storyline and **** up the game, or they don't do it and just have crappy freddy,just saying :)

.... and pinhead, ash, micheal meyers, pumpkinhead, chucky, the leprechaun, dr. giggles, and candyman :lol:

BTW they made Jason faster in his reboot.... ;) Previous to this he relied upon teleporation when no one was looking... and didn't know any martial arts and mostly relied upon strength\invincibility and being adept with killing implements..

Also Freddy had a benefit over him and that is the fact that his capabilities are determined by the dreamer\conjurer ... also in Freddy vs Jason he did do some "martial arts type moves" to Jason. ;)

Are kombatants able to defeat Jason?

Here's another aspect of putting Jason in MK - isn't he too powerful for kombatants? I'm mean - Jason from F13:6 and later parts, when serie lossed its realistic touch and Voorhees evolved into almost indestructible zombie, being able to hold on tons of bullets in "Jason goes to Hell". Even Shao Kahn wouldn't survive such powerful attack, maybe Onaga with Kamidogu power would... what do you think?

Last edited:
Re: Are kombatants able to defeat Jason?

Well normal people may have trouble defeating Jason but the MK characters are anything but normal. Jason may be powerful but he's not that powerful, if Freddy was able to hold his own against him then the MK characters definitely could and if he was put into the game he would obviously have to be balanced for gameplay purposes.

Are rumors the only things fueling you Jason vs. MK fantasies? Crack an egg of evidence on me, would you please?

remember from the movies, Jasons mother told him "no matter what they do to you, you can never die."

if he was put into the game he would obviously have to be balanced for gameplay purposes.

Yeah, in game it's possible by toneing down Jason but I asked about 'real' MK vs Voorhees clash. I see only chances of kombatants in dismemberment techinques and some powerful projectiles, but simple hand-in-hand combat? Who would oppose Jason? Goro? Kintaro? Shao Kahn? E.g. they're not able to survive as many weapon slashes as he can.

In terms of strength and durability, Goro, Kintaro and Kahn are leagues ahead of Jason. They are much stronger and much faster. He wouldn't stand five seconds against them.

It's a video game, it doesn't to have to make sense. How could Stryker defeat Ermac in Story Mode?

remember from the movies, Jasons mother told him "no matter what they do to you, you can never die."

That was FREDDY pretending to be Jasons mother to trick Jason into goin to Elm Street to scare the kids into believing FREDDY was back!

:p