Mortal Kombat 11 rumours

It could also be a situation where he goes insane and snaps from the corruption (via the corrupted Jensei that made him like that at the end of MKX) and Fujin takes over as the level-headed, rightful / good protector of EarthRealm.

I would like to see NRS turn Mileena into a robot. She's such an awesome character, it would be a crime for them to release a MK game without her.

Mileena doesn't need an excuse to be back though, her ending in MKX is enough to lean on.

She needs a few games off, though. She's had her time to shine as the Queen of Outworld, it's time to let other characters shine too. Especially 3D chars that have been unjustly ignored. Death in story mode is supposed to mean something, at least being absent from the next game. Otherwise it's pointless. Quan Chi, Shinnok, Baraka and Mileena need a brake

If there are characters that need a break off from a game it would be one of the characters who have been in almost all the games, which would be Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Raiden, Sonya, Johnny, Kano, Jax, Kitana - and though I know they would never NOT be in future MK games - Sub-Zero and Scorpion.

And it's not that I don't like those characters... well, I'm not really that fond of Johnny, Liu Kang or Scorpion... but if we're going to talk about characters that "need a break", these are the ones that should be on the top of the list.

You can also add Raiden and Liu Kang to those characters that would never not be in future MK games.
Especially after the shit-storm that "fans" gave NRS for MK3 (Raiden) and Deadly Alliance (Liu Kang) having those 2 missing. :roll:

Anyways, I'm totally fine with Johnny, Sonya, Jax, Kung Lao and Kano taking a break for a while and letting Cassie, Jacqui and Kung Jin take their place for a few games.
MKX was supposed to be about passing the torch, no?

EDIT:
Besides, I don't see why they also can't conversely be DLC, to let let some of the newer characters shine.

Mileena is one of the boring characters. Kitana's clone with a Tarkatan face. Wow. It's a good thing D'Whorah dispatched her.
There's no way Liu Kang, Raiden, Kitana, Sub-Zero and Scorpion are going to sit out. Especially the latter two, we've been through this over and over again...

Well, something tells me that maybe except for Jax and Kano, all of them are gonna be mainstays from now on...

Which sucks royal ass if that's true, because it means less of a chance for main roster slots to go to post-MK3 debut characters and new characters.
As it is, MKX had 15 MK9 characters (aka Trilogy 2.0) out of 24 total characters, when it first shipped (16 out of 25 if you count Goro).
Not having the majority of the MK9 roster for a game would be nice.
At max, I wish that NRS would go with 10 from Trilogy / MK9, and that's being generous.

She went completely away from being anything related to Kitana to be her own woman who fought for her right to the throne. That's a pretty big step from anything she did in the old timeline.

Oh no, I am quite aware... but that doesn't change the fact that she was created in the Flesh Pits, which caused the others to go against her due to, as Reptile says, her claim to the throne is moot.

I've always appreciated the amount of attention brought to Mileena these last few games. I've always preferred her over Kitana.

And to be fair, it would be nice to see majority of the roster finally take a break... except for Sub-Zero because I said so. :rofl:

With such comment you forgot to say that, Scorpion, Sub-zero, Sonya Blade, Jax, Johnny Cage and all other 1,2 and 3 characters also need a brake.
Sub-Zero and Scorpion are too big of stars to take a break. Look what happened to Vanilla MK3 because of the absence of one of them.

In fact, "Mortal Kombat" is a code term for "The Scorpion and Sub-Zero Show starring Scorpion and Sub-Zero."

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

The reason for what happened in MK3 was because of the whole Pesina brothers (Bloodstorm) debacle, not because Midway wanted to have those characters gone, though.

Anyways, aside from the big 4 (Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Raiden & Liu Kang) not going anywhere because the collective fanbase would riot, flip tables, lose their shit and want to burn the NRS down like that Reiko Twitter douche, yeah (IMO), it would be nice if the majority of the Trilogy roster sat out for MK11.
If you want Trilogy 2.0 then MK9 is there to play on last-gen, and recently in MKX 20 of the ones from MK9 are also there.
You got 2 games full of Trilogy characters.
Time to move on.
Cassie, Jacqui and Kung Jin should get some time to be better fleshed out and not in the shadow of their parents, and characters like Noob Saibot, Kabal, Jade, Sheeva, Sindel, Rain, Stryker and Shang Tsung can replace 1 of the dead / incapacitated characters from MKX or can be sold as DLC.