Kitana UNBALANCED air juggle?!?! keeps you suspended 1 minute WTF!!!!

That, then knowing how to pull it off, then knowing its weakness-what could **** it up, what could jeopardize it, and then the char itself.

Feel confident against those players with my Cyber Subby, although I may get hit by a fan or net or two. >>

Been done with that, was just stating my opinion against it, my overall opinion, and like I said before, I would love it to be counter-breaker-able. I don't find it game breaking, but it's annoying as people immediately jump kicking. Other than that, doesn't matter much.

But it somewhat annoys me as a defense, that the combo is hard to pull off. If its there, and can be done period. Kitanas 50% combo that's oh so hard to pull off, vs. Liu Kangs bnbs that are just so easy and lol... are both justifiable in the same level (one being so easy, the other being hard, but overall may be achieved). ANYONE can put in enough time to be able to do just about anything. Doesn't matter if its hard, what's there is there. (sorry for the semi-rant about this part)

I don't agree kitana needs a nerf, But I do agree with everything you said about easiness to pull off.

At a NEWB level, you may think it's ok. because alot of that is precise timing. vs lui kang's which you can do with your eye's closed. But once you hit HIGH caliber tournament player mode. Sometimes not even that high. Ease of execution does not matter, once everyone starts being able to pull these off w/o even thinking about it.

Removing it would mean making it not MK for me. I also believe that a lot of others agree. Just because you can't do it or can't defend against it isn't a reason to remove it, either.

Just to say it again, I can defend against it. It isn't that hard to get launched in it. I'm not asking for it to be removed, or to be written away. The only thing I mentioned was for it to be 'combo-breakerable'. That isn't asking for much and I can live without that. But please don't put words in my mouth, saying I can't defend against it and it takes serious skills.
I do understand juggling is a trademark since MK3/UMK3, (not so sure about the xbox/ps2 releases) however, most chars can't really do 53% damage, some probably 30% max. Some, maybe less than that, but combos are just combos. It all depends on how you play, instead of being someone blind that's trying to pull off combos, period.
tl;dr: I'm not someone that's asking for nerfs, I'm merely asking for combo breaker which is hardly a nerf at all. Don't put words in my mouth, or telling me what I can't do. Also stuff about juggling, but that much doesn't really matter.

I think shes fine and reasonably fair to fight against. Most Katana players try to zone and thats their number one mistake right there. So if she is able to get you into a juggle then that player is doing something right. Also combos without xrays that go over 50 precent are not uncommon I have a 53% for sub, a 64% for quan chi and they are not always easy to pull off so I say you just need a little more practice at reading her attacks. Im not a Katana fan at all but she does seem pretty balanced

Note: Chances of me landing that Quan Chi combo are slim to none though lol

Lol.

---

Also, Kitana is very easy when you block fast and hit low. Just try low kick and some other low stuff on her.

Her fans are easily abuseable, however, timing is everything, and if the player is off he is done with that combo. A nerf would help, but I rarely see this done with Kitana. Therefore, it isn't much of an issue. Now, if everyone starts doing this then yeah a patch should be issued, but as of now, I say leave it.

lol u mad? You lost and want to cry and make excuses

You cry and you cry every time that you die... excuses excuses why do you even try?

I think shes fine and reasonably fair to fight against. Most Katana players try to zone and thats their number one mistake right there. So if she is able to get you into a juggle then that player is doing something right. Also combos without xrays that go over 50 precent are not uncommon I have a 53% for sub, a 64% for quan chi and they are not always easy to pull off so I say you just need a little more practice at reading her attacks. Im not a Katana fan at all but she does seem pretty balanced

Note: Chances of me landing that Quan Chi combo are slim to none though lol

Players with other Charakters are also doing smth right sometimes, but they cant kill you with just 2 juggles and nothing else. Kitanas Combo is just stupid like shit. Cannot be true that one mistake takes away more than 50% of my health.

I don't even play kitana much anymore but I know a 47% combo with her. It's not easy at all and it's like 20 someodd hits. But nerf? No what about my other 18 characters I can hit over 50 with? Nerf em too? I think not. Sounds like your hella pissed cause u got caught by a beautiful combo, remember that's what breakers are for

Haha, "one minute" is a bit excessive, it's probably not more than about 5 secpnds, but I kind of understand the OP's "frustration". But again,to execute those sort of combo's isn't easy, and isn't something you will see every Kitana player doing. Frankly, punishing players for being able top perform a long combo isn't very fair. I mean if you nerfed this, where do you drawn the line? Allow projectile combos to be breakable? Have breakers at just one bar? Only have three hit combos?

I'm not going to suggest the OP "get better" as that is shitty advice, from people that aren't even suggesting "how". Always remember, what someone does to you, you can do to them. Every character has something powerful in their arsenal to exploit.

Last night, I've done a 20-Hit 55% combo with her and I recorded it in Practice Mode. I checked the time and it keeps the opponent in the air for about 15-20 seconds.

Last night, I've done a 20-Hit 55% combo with her and I recorded it in Practice Mode. I checked the time and it keeps the opponent in the air for about 15-20 seconds.

Really? How is the training dummy being hit? You can get like, 3 hits in 1 second on this game, one hit per second..? I mean count that..

one....

second....

at......

a.....

time......

EDIT: Unless you are using an X Ray in that combo?

Naw no X-Ray. 2 bars of meter instead. Here's the input:

Jump Punch, F+2, 1, NJP, dash, 4, Fan Toss, dash cancel into 2, Fan Toss, F+2, EX Fan Lift, dash, dash, B+2, Air Fan Toss, Fan Toss, EX Fan Toss(hold the 2nd fan), dash, 4, Cutting Fan.

20 Hits; 55% Damage. Credit to the Kitana thread. I've added the JP in the beginning and an EX Fan Toss towards the end.

Nerd kitana or armrest only allow like 2 fan throws per combo. I'm pretty good at mk and when I play kitana I just try to counter. Because the combo she does is basically wait for you to let go of your guard or wake attack and fan lift. After that is like fan cut stomach and a uppercut type thing. Than fan toss hit fan toss enchanted fan hit hit fan hit fan enchanted fan then the little thing where she flys across the screen and hit you with her back. It's a good combo but frustrating. I'd rather be spammed with noob shadow than that combo -_-

oopps Kitana not Katana cant believe I spelled that wrong!

vacua yes that can be true but only if your an idiot who doesnt know how to use a breaker

I like how you said you timed it but don't give an exact time even put in a 5 second window which for combo sakes is a big window.

The only nerf I want to see is getting rid of Fan Lift on wakeup. If you compare that to almost everybody elses wakeups, that's 30-50% compared to almost everyone elses 5-9%. Puts her at too mushc of an advantage if you ask me, especially if her combos are un-breakerable.

The only nerf I want to see is getting rid of Fan Lift on wakeup. If you compare that to almost everybody elses wakeups, that's 30-50% compared to almost everyone elses 5-9%. Puts her at too mushc of an advantage if you ask me, especially if her combos are un-breakerable.

If that was the case, then they'd have to get rid of a couple others wake up free hits. She won't get that much bar from the combo, and you should learn to not rush a downed Kitana.

Coming from a "team Ermac" guy, you know how it is when people rush you when you're downed. You use his tele slam or force push or whatever. It's the same concept for Kitana.

I use both Scorpion and Sub-Zero and i know both of their weaknesses and strengths. If you can't punish Scorpion's teleport punch after playing against someone who does it alot then you need to evaluate the way you play. Maybe you have a habit of jumping to much or blocking only when your opponent is close, both of these actions are not good to do against teleporting characters. Against Ermac you should always make sure you block whenever you're not attacking because his telekinetic pushes reaches up to 3/4 of the screen. Kung lao, Kano, Raiden and Nightwolf are the characters I HATE the most in this game because of the quick recovery and combo mixup move set they have. All of Scorpion's and Sub-Zero's pop up/block breaking moves and specials have slow recovery times. Kano, Raiden, Kung Lao, Nightwolf, and Mileena have faster recovery times and have moves that can be spammed like crazy forcing you to spend all your time losing health by block damage. Scorpion can't spam hellfire fast like spamming Kano's knives, you can't spear spam someone like spamming Mileena's sai blasts. I can go on and on. Scorpion and Sub-Zero are the only fair characters in the entire game.

All the other laser blasting, bomb throwing, pistol shooting, fan tossing, superman flying, knife throwing, ball rolling, lightning cloud striking, super shoulder charging, acid spitting, soul stealing, wonderspinning, hat tossing, net throwing, missle locking, force field defelecting characters are defined by one word...CHEAP.

Scorpion and Sub-Zero are the only fair characters in the entire game.

All the other laser blasting, bomb throwing, pistol shooting, fan tossing, superman flying, knife throwing, ball rolling, lightning cloud striking, super shoulder charging, acid spitting, soul stealing, wonderspinning, hat tossing, net throwing, missle locking, force field defelecting characters are defined by one word...CHEAP.

Lol, I really honestly hope you were kidding and or trolling.