Jade's Metal Thread

I know it's nothing new, lol, just saying, that shit is pathetic. If you hate the band, cool, whatever, but being glad someone died is going a little too far. He had a wife and kid as well.

That's what I hate about a large chunk of the metal community: how "metal" they are always seems to precede compassion or common sense.

"A guy died? Oh wow, that's too ba... wait, he was in a -core band? LOL **** that guy."

So I'm working on a bit of a project now. A metal related project, that I'll probably need some help with. I'm attempting to build a collection of songs/albums that features metal from every single nation on the planet, and displays the incredible diversity of the genre. I'll probably be creating a thread for it, and I already have most of North America and Europe, and a bit of South America and Asia. Africa I haven't started.

It's too bad you're not in Miami.
I'd love to do more Metal genre studio recordings.
Hell, at one point I even thought of using "Metal In Uranus" as a recording studio name, but I figured that Lars would probably get his panties in a bunch, and wouldn't be too happy with that. :laugh:

So I'm working on a bit of a project now. A metal related project, that I'll probably need some help with. I'm attempting to build a collection of songs/albums that features metal from every single nation on the planet, and displays the incredible diversity of the genre. I'll probably be creating a thread for it, and I already have most of North America and Europe, and a bit of South America and Asia. Africa I haven't started.

Encyclopedia Metallum has an advanced search function where you can search bands by country. You could also google something like "Metal bands from *insert country here.*"

You know, I really hate that I'm probably never going to get to see most of my favourite bands live. They're either European and can't afford to make the trip to North America, or they're American but can't afford to head up north to Canada. Cormorant's Vocalist/lyricist/bass player/primary song writer left the band a few months back, and while the lead guitarist sent me a hand written note with some band merch that I ordered (which was awesome) that said they were trying to get up to Canada, I'll still never get to see Cormorant With Arthur von Nagel (unless he rejoins the band).

I like a bit of Rammstein. I don't consider myself a fan though, at least not as big a fan as my younger brother. I found out through him that Rammstein has a song in Spanish (a language I'm familiar with to a degree due to being half Hispanic)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

^ that song would be Te Quiero Puta from the Rosenrot[rose red] album, here's a list of my favorite songs

Mein Herz Brentt [My Heart Burns]
Sonne [Sun]
Seemann[seaman]
Du Hast [you have]
Weidmann's Heil [good hunting]
Ich Tu dir Weh [I hurt You]
Rotor Sand [Red Sand]
Rosenrot[Rose Red]
Reise Reise[Arise Arise]
Mein Tiel [My Part]
Keine Lust[no desire]
Ohne Dich [Without You]
Stirb Nich vor Mir [Don't Die before i Do]

their music as some wonderful meanings, i love this band to death, here's a wonderful Translation site of their music
http://herzeleid.com/en/lyrics

^ that song would be Te Quiero Puta

I love you, b****?

Anyway, I used to be a little into Rammstein. My favorites would probably be Du Hast, Engel and Spiel Mit Mir.

That song Amerika that they released a few years back was silly as shit, though. They should probably stick to doing stuff in German.

it's supposed to read as " i love you whore" it's also a silly song, i love how they atleast tried to write in other languages, so far i've noticed

German, English, Spanish, French and Russian

my top 10 bands of all time are

1. DIO
2. Black Sabbath
3.Rammstein
4.OOMPH!
5. Pantera
6. Staind
7. Iron Maiden
8. Skid Row
9. Rob/White Zombie
10. Alice in Chains

to me, it's all about Talent and all of these bands/artists have said talent, also, i will F...ing Cry when Ozzy osbourne or Tony Iommi Die, my life will be ruined , it was already so when dio passed 3 years ago while i was in high school. all the good musicians and dying, old or sick, there are only a few out there as good as the original masters of metal, sabbath is timeless and their newest album is a perfect comeback for a band that hasn't wrote anything together since 1979 [minus the other sabbath albums with Dio and Tony Martin, all of which are just as amazing] , it's rare to hear something as Dark and the 13 album in this age, where everything is crappy upbeat pop and rap music that makes my ears bleed, i however have one final wish from Sabbath, an album with all 4 original band members,

I still love Killswitch Engage and Demon Hunter. These are my favorite songs by them, ever.

Killswitch Engage - Just Barely Breathing

Demon Hunter - I Play Dead

Metalcore will always be my favorite metal genre out there. I love positive lyrics with screaming vocals with a melodic send off.

Last edited:
I've been a fan of metal since forever. I got a lot of bands to list and listening them all would be a pain. But just to name a few: Killswitch Engage, Pantera, Slayer...

I remember back when I was in elementary school, I was never allowed to play my music when it was music time and we had CD day. It was Rob Zombie, couldn't play that and the teacher actually mocked me because here, I'm a fifth grader who's listening to the "devil's music." And I was not in a Catholic school either.

What a flipping pansy.