Dead Space thread

I haven't seen the films, no. They seemed more like rentals, and I rarely rent movies, so...

But they definitely seem to provide good setups for the games.

On the account of 'which game is more scary' I believe DS1 was scarier, but so was DS2, just not as scary.

In DS1 you always had that 'chill' that something was around the corner, and if you weren't ready, that something would immediatly eat your face...literally on Impossible mode. The game was more 'Ok, that's f**king creepy' scary, like the nurse cutting into some poor guy before slitting her throat? That's just plain disturbing, and do I even have to mention Nicole's 'make us whole again' message when her face becomes a skull? *shivers*

DS2 on the other hand, tried (and succeeded in some places) to use gore and jump scares, it's was also more suspenseful than DS1, though most jump scares were cheap, well, apart from one.

Also I have already mentioned on how Isaac changed from badass miner to a super-man super-soldier (IMO)

On the account of 'which game is more scary' I believe DS1 was scarier, but so was DS2, just not as scary.

In DS1 you always had that 'chill' that something was around the corner, and if you weren't ready, that something would immediatly eat your face...literally on Impossible mode. The game was more 'Ok, that's f**king creepy' scary, like the nurse cutting into some poor guy before slitting her throat? That's just plain disturbing, and do I even have to mention Nicole's 'make us whole again' message when her face becomes a skull? *shivers*

DS2 on the other hand, tried (and succeeded in some places) to use gore and jump scares, it's was also more suspenseful than DS1, though most jump scares were cheap, well, apart from one.

jump scares are the only thing that really scares me at all. i dont get scared when i see a monster or when i see gore. like when i was playing DS1 i wasnt afraid that something was gunna be around the corner, unless it all the suuden poped up right in front of me. i was like looking for guys to kill and felt like i was the one doing the stalking. does this kinda put the piecs together as to why i want such gory fatalities in mk and dont find it over the top? but ya if i shoot a monster on DS and blow its arm or head off im not going to get scared, if anything ill think its cool. like another example not really to do with dead space is whenever i go to a horror movie and theres like a gorey scene with someone dying, i dont hide my face or start shaking or act all shocked and disgusted, i start laughing or im like "that was cool". i think that some DS players might be getting "disturbing" and "scary" mixed up. and yes i do know that some disturbing stuff can be scary but they are different things.

Yeah, DS1 may have been scarier, but DS2 had its moments. If anything, it still had the uncomfortable feeling of the first one.

jump scares are the only thing that really scares me at all. i dont get scared when i see a monster or when i see gore. like when i was playing DS1 i wasnt afraid that something was gunna be around the corner, unless it all the suuden poped up right in front of me. i was like looking for guys to kill and felt like i was the one doing the stalking. does this kinda put the piecs together as to why i want such gory fatalities in mk and dont find it over the top? but ya if i shoot a monster on DS and blow its arm or head off im not going to get scared, if anything ill think its cool. like another example not really to do with dead space is whenever i go to a horror movie and theres like a gorey scene with someone dying, i dont hide my face or start shaking or act all shocked and disgusted, i start laughing or im like "that was cool". i think that some DS players might be getting "disturbing" and "scary" mixed up. and yes i do know that some disturbing stuff can be scary but they are different things.

I agree actually.

Also, I want Isaac in Mortal Kombat 9.

I've only played DS1, i got as far as the 2nd chapter before i stopped playing, i'm a real wuss when it comes to these games lol. The music and background noise was the biggest thing for me when playing, it always gave me the feeling something was right behind me.

Only reason i bought DS1 was because it was $3.99 on steam, it was a real bargain just couldn't help myself lol.

You obviously have never got lost in the world of Amnesia.

Also, this new co-op in DS3 will really ease up the tension of Dead Space. Tension is my favorite aspect of horror games. That is where RE5 lost it (or was not even going for?)

There is a rumor going around about a Dead Space FPS going around as well.

You obviously have never got lost in the world of Amnesia.

nope. and as long as its PC only i never will. but if i did play it it most likely wouldnt scare me.

about that fps dead space game rumor, i think they might just make another side game like extraction. dead space 3 isnt going to be a fps lol.

I don't know why everyone is b****ing about Dead Space 3 having co-op. RE5 wasn't even scary, apparently coming from a line of horror titles. Dead Space, on the other hand... Dead Space is scarier than anything RE could hope to put out. I also don't think co-op would be a bad thing, I'm actually hyped for it. I always imagined playing Dead Space with a friend and now I've got the chance. I loved both DS1 and DS2 to death and DS3 is going to continue that trend for me. I can't wait for it to come out.
dead-space-3-co-op-seemingly-confirmed-in-leaked-screens.jpg

Bruzzrad are you trying to die? :laugh:

75% Of RE5 took place in broad daylight, and you had to babysit Sheva and the game was more action based than Horror. So it was survical action :L

Play RE3 alone, at night, in the dark. I dare you.

On topic:

I don't see Co-Op being a bad thing is the DS series, I think having a partner adds to the fear factor.

well heres some more info released about dead space 3. http://ca.ign.com/wikis/dead-space-3 and from the look of things co-op wont ruin the single player experience.

oh and sorry about the double post, but c'mon it was like almost a month since the last one.

Alright then, so it seems co-op is optional :_cool:

I'm just going to pass the co-op once or twice, and stick with solo gameplay for the most part. :mullet:

I just hope Dead Space 3 is the scariest Dead Space game.