Best and Worst Cover Songs

Don't care what anyone says, Marilyn Manson's version of Tainted Love is awesome.

His cover of Personal Jesus isn't bad, either, imo. Original still owns it, though.

Last edited:
Surprised no one has mentioned this one. Nirvana made this song more famous than The Meat Puppets did. (and alot of people were introduced to Meat Puppets through Nirvana it seems)

BEST

another Good one (Cream cover)
BEST

Best...Nirvana - The Man Who Sold The World

Absolute F**king worst cover ever!!! - Casey Abrams Smells Like Team Spirit

Best (Honorable Mention) - Linkin Park - Rolling In The Deep

Last edited:
BEST
I thought this was a really good cover of a Misfits song

WORST
this one pisses me off. I know Trent Reznor also had somewhat of a nasaly voice too, but this one sounds too much like Nu Metal and vocals are trying to pull off a tough guy in some parts, plus I just hate Linkin Park

best bob seger cover.

worst bob seger cover.

i'm sorry but metallica covering bob seger just doesn't work imo.

I have like 3 best covers!

1. Trivium's cover of Master of Puppets! A faster tempo and slightly different guitar effects make it sounds just as good if not better than the original:

2. Disturbed's cover of Living After Midnight. Just making it in their unique style while keeping it true to the original. Gotta love it.

3. Haste the Day's cover of Meet Me Half Way. The vocals of Haste the Day just make the song awesome(r) than it already was.

Always loved this piece by Apocalyptica, turning a great metal song into one played by cellos is just amazing imo.

best covers
Johhny cash's hurt orignal by nine inch nails
jeff buckley's hallelujah original by leonard cohen

worst covers
fergies sweet child o' mine at superbowl (absolutely destroyed it)