Any word on new characters?

but according to Ed Boon based on the sales on DLC which according to him were rediculously good it would depend how sales went..i dont understand why he would say something and then its something different...i was really hoping for the release of Robo Smoke as he was part of MK3. What about UMK3 Male Ninja pallet swap? Or the MK2 Mileena and Skarlet outfits? I was hoping they would release more DLC for MK9 :(

Even though Ed Boon said the DLC sales were good, he still said maybe :(. Besides he has lied before in the past, like the demo coming late for the 360, which never came, how there would be no Babalities (Although I don't blame him for trying to keep Babalities a secret). I too want Robo Smoke, MK3 and MK2 male ninja outfits and MK2 Mileena and Skarlet. But that's probably not gonna happen :(

Even though Ed Boon said the DLC sales were good, he still said maybe :(. Besides he has lied before in the past, like the demo coming late for the 360, which never came, how there would be no Babalities (Although I don't blame him for trying to keep Babalities a secret). I too want Robo Smoke, MK3 and MK2 male ninja outfits and MK2 Mileena and Skarlet. But that's probably not gonna happen :(

Well, the release of the demo on the Xbox was not in his hands anymore at the time. He can't be blamed for that. And as far as the Babalities are concerned, he's always said that if there would be any in the game (along with Friendships), he wasn't going to tell us, rather have us find out on our own. That's not lying, that is being secretive.

We've got an amazing game here and while more DLC would be awesome, I think a lot of people act like spoilt brats (and I don't mean you, Josegtx13), always wanting more, never being happy with what they do get. Apart from the online experience, NRS have more than delivered the goods here and while wanting certain things and voicing your opinions are important, there's a huge difference between that and being a spoilt brat. Just sayin'.

Instead of releasing new characters, they should come up with better patches, reduce the negative edge, especially for Rain and Kenshi, fix the bugs and improve the net code.

This game has so many bugs

Audio is missing when I play with MK1 Ermac sometimes
Scorpion not yelling ''get over here/come here'' when play against another Scorpion
Mileena being stuck in the air for a few seconds after I blocked her teleport drop, only happened twice, but still...

Cyber Smoke and lots of alternate costumes would be much appreciated and maybe even a fatality pack just for kicks. Either way, all we can do is hope but it seems to be that nobody wants to get their hopes up. All I'm gonna say is that Pesina's tweets could be mocap for something else other than MK9 DLC, it could even be MK10 stuff already. Knowing Boon, he could've seen DLC sales as indicative of how many people want MK10 as well as MK9 DLC so you never really know. This game could be so much more and having Freddy instead of a character the fans really wanted *cough* Cyber Smoke *cough* really bummed out a lot of people, including me. Not saying I don't like Freddy, but Robo Smoke's cooler

I think a lot of people act like spoilt brats (and I don't mean you, Josegtx13), always wanting more, never being happy with what they do get. Apart from the online experience, NRS have more than delivered the goods here and while wanting certain things and voicing your opinions are important, there's a huge difference between that and being a spoilt brat. Just sayin'.

You do indeed make a good point. Back in the day (and I mean not too long ago at all) you got your game and that was that. No more characters, no more features, just what was on the disc. We now by default EXPECT extras automatically because we are in fact spoilt with DLC these days and that's what we're used to.

I think everyone should stop stressing though. We'll probably have to wait a while but I predict there'll be another batch of DLC released, (maybe not any more characters, but more likely more costumes) simply because NRS want our money and they know just as well as we do there is more money to be made from this awesome game, and from us fans who will happilly buy up anything they care to churn out.

You do indeed make a good point. Back in the day (and I mean not too long ago at all) you got your game and that was that. No more characters, no more features, just what was on the disc. We now by default EXPECT extras automatically because we are in fact spoilt with DLC these days and that's what we're used to.

I think everyone should stop stressing though. We'll probably have to wait a while but I predict there'll be another batch of DLC released, (maybe not any more characters, but more likely more costumes) simply because NRS want our money and they know just as well as we do there is more money to be made from this awesome game, and from us fans who will happilly buy up anything they care to churn out.

Exactly. It's not so much US being greedy as it is NRS (To an extent).
I mean Hell, we never asked for DLC.
I didn't sign anything for Skarlet, Kenshi, Rain (I really wanted him, though), or Freddy.
They pushed it on US.
They said they would be very aggressive with DLC.
But look, we all wanted it and they wanted our $$$.
They have made a good chunk of DLC for us and now when we expect more, they leave us hanging.
The end of DLC?
Unlikely.
BUT I figure they'll give us some time to enjoy what we got until they give us another season of dat sweet sweet downloadable content.

rigo cortez twitter says:
https://twitter.com/#!/NinjaBoy66

NinjaBoy66 Rigo Cortes
@
@Ali_Hayyas @MKUNIVERSE Don't try to make it something it isn't. We are not working on DLC. dictionary.reference.com/browse/urban+l…
12 Sep

NinjaBoy66 Rigo Cortes
@
@DeucesEvolution We're done producing DLC but if things change and more is created we'll let everyone know in a big way
10 Sep

There on with a new game allready by the sounds for the PSVITA

Well, the release of the demo on the Xbox was not in his hands anymore at the time. He can't be blamed for that. And as far as the Babalities are concerned, he's always said that if there would be any in the game (along with Friendships), he wasn't going to tell us, rather have us find out on our own. That's not lying, that is being secretive.

We've got an amazing game here and while more DLC would be awesome, I think a lot of people act like spoilt brats (and I don't mean you, Josegtx13), always wanting more, never being happy with what they do get. Apart from the online experience, NRS have more than delivered the goods here and while wanting certain things and voicing your opinions are important, there's a huge difference between that and being a spoilt brat. Just sayin'.

None taken.

You do make a very valid point. But NRS did say that they would heavily support this game with DLC. I don't see why they must say something, and then do something else. Unless they changed their minds.. either way they already confirmed no more DLC. All i'm asking is for the classic ninja pallet swap costumes, there pretty much done all they gotta do is just change the colors.

Even though if they don't release it, i'm still satisfied with the game. I still heavily play MK9 to date, since the release date way back in April.

I'm not worried about new characters right now. I'm satisfied with the game and roster as is, though I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't love some more.

There is going to be a PS Vita version soon, and it's very possible that some exclusive content (characters, maybe?) might be in the game, like with MK: Deception/Unchained and Deadly Alliance/Tournament Edition.

According to latest news, Mortal Kombat is the highest-selling fighting game of the year with over 3 million units sold and the DLC was a success. So... I don't see why they wouldn't release more DLC...

According to latest news, Mortal Kombat is the highest-selling fighting game of the year with over 3 million units sold and the DLC was a success. So... I don't see why they wouldn't release more DLC...

I saw that :)
3 million baby!!
We might get some DLC, but I'm thinking winter time or maybe late fall.

i just want to say this game is awesome ^.^ In the past months i have bought this and Resistance 3 and all i have to say is great work NRS. I play Resistance 3 and i get a half finished game and when i play MK its a totally different story. I do believe we would be greedy in saying we want more DLC but what can i say i want to see some DLC too :) cheers NRs

i just want to say this game is awesome ^.^ In the past months i have bought this and Resistance 3 and all i have to say is great work NRS. I play Resistance 3 and i get a half finished game and when i play MK its a totally different story. I do believe we would be greedy in saying we want more DLC but what can i say i want to see some DLC too :) cheers NRs

Yeah I like the game too, It's definitely their best MK yet. Also welcome to TRMK.

I'm personally done with DLC. The standard, on-disc roster was fine, but I will say I really like Skarlet; she has potential as a character in the future. The rest, eh, they were ok, but didn't really thrill me. At 30+ characters, I think more is not always better.

If they ever do release more DLC, I hope it's more classic costumes, classic arenas such as The Warrior Shrine, The Portal, Kombat Tomb, Pit 3, and classic fatalities like Sonya and Kitana's Kisses of Death, Shang Tsung's Soul Steal.

I'm not going to get my hopes up or speculate based on rumors or cryptic statements from NRS. If they say they are done with DLC, then they are until stated, and proven, otherwise.

Meh, if they make a new game already, I ain't buying it; too much lying, when I want things promised and then taken away, I'll talk to Peter and Lionhead Studios.