American Dad or Family Guy?

liukang234

american-dad6.jpgimages.jpg

I'm not even sure how many Seth MacFarlene fans there are on here, as I know he gets a fair share of criticism. However, if you do watch him, which of these two shows do you perfer? Personally, I much perfer American Dad over Family Guy. On Family Guy, it can be funny, but there's way too many big fill-ins in the show. In several episodes, they have 4-5 minute segments of things that have nothing to do with the plot. The "Shipoopi" and "Gayest Music Video Ever" come to mind.

But with American Dad, it doesn't rely on random segments to propel it. It has two plots, a main and side-one, that are usually very funny. Plus, all of the characters on American Dad are funny. Stan, Francine, Roger, Steve, Klaus. Even Hayley succeeds in giving a laugh or two. In Family Guy, it's just Stewie, Brian, and Peter. Lois is kinda funny, and Meg and Chris just fail.

But, that's how I feel on the matter. At my school, I'm the only person I know who thinks this. So, I'd like to know what you think.

Last edited:
Me personally I hate both shows. They're stupid, and not even the good kind of stupid like Beavis and Buthead and all of the 90's kids cartoons. I just hate this shows I cannot appologize enough, but Family Guy and American Dad are trash to me personally. Key word, me

look at this show THIS was supposed to be family guy. To bad they went with the South Park theme instead

Me personally I hate both shows. They're stupid, and not even the good kind of stupid like Beavis and Buthead and all of the 90's kids cartoons. I just hate this shows I cannot appologize enough, but Family Guy and American Dad are trash to me personally. Key word, me

look at this show THIS was supposed to be family guy. To bad they went with the South Park theme instead

I knew he had made this, but I never knew it was released. However, that was pretty funny.

Also, if one of the mods could add a 3-choice poll with either Family guy, American Dad, and neither, that would be helpful. I tried to add one, but it said something wasn't filled out, and then the webpage was expired.

I knew he had made this, but I never knew it was released. However, that was pretty funny.

Also, if one of the mods could add a 3-choice poll with either Family guy, American Dad, and neither, that would be helpful. I tried to add one, but it said something wasn't filled out, and then the webpage was expired.

really? that's weird.

Family Guy. Watched AND enjoyed it way before American Dad. It also had better characters, and just more hilarious moments.

Family Guy FTW.

I HATE Family Guy, but I cannot deny that sometimes the writing is absolutely brilliant.

Peter's UNEDITED version of "I need a Jew" comes to mind.

I like Family Guy, but I don't watch it all the time.... during football season there's always football on..

American Dad all the way, but Family Guy is also cool.

Oh and Havok, I think I might have watched Larry and Steve once on TV.

Family Guy, hands down.
While I'm a big fan of both shows, I'm more attached to the characters of FG, though I do love Francine and Roger.
I generally think the episodes are usually more entertaining, but I do agree with the OP that the fill-ins can be rather annoying. (I despise the "Shipoopi" song. It was funny the first time, but these days, it manages to infuriate me, so I just skip that part).

"Meg and Chris just fail." <-- This is a lie. Well, half a lie. Chris is en epic failure of a character, and his only redeeming spot is how Herbert pervs on him most of the time. But, I entirely disagree with Meg. She's provided some of the most hilarious scenes, whether by her own accord, or being ***** slapped/insulted by Peter.

The episode where she goes to jail is one of my favourites, and I love when she caves the kids skulls in with the cans of soda. Meg ain't a ***** to mess with, and her character serves her purpose entirely.

Family Guy, hands down.
While I'm a big fan of both shows, I'm more attached to the characters of FG, though I do love Francine and Roger.
I generally think the episodes are usually more entertaining, but I do agree with the OP that the fill-ins can be rather annoying. (I despise the "Shipoopi" song. It was funny the first time, but these days, it manages to infuriate me, so I just skip that part).

"Meg and Chris just fail." <-- This is a lie. Well, half a lie. Chris is en epic failure of a character, and his only redeeming spot is how Herbert pervs on him most of the time. But, I entirely disagree with Meg. She's provided some of the most hilarious scenes, whether by her own accord, or being ***** slapped/insulted by Peter.

The episode where she goes to jail is one of my favourites, and I love when she caves the kids skulls in with the cans of soda. Meg ain't a ***** to mess with, and her character serves her purpose entirely.

You know, I must agree with you on that one. My mistake.

However, I'm quite proud that I got a person who's been on here for 7 years to respond with their 5th post.