All things Tanya! - Official Diskussion Thread

Re: Tanya's Design Compared to Older Designs.

LOL, you guys are BEATING a DEAD horse. I loved Tanya old look also but this is how NRS wants her to look now. You will need to accept this because this is how she is NOW!
Before i came to this site i had no idea that some people didnt even considered her black (or a black Edenian), but now i see why. There are people that want to say Jacqui is bi-racial because she's lighter than Jax and has "pointy features" LOL.
SO...............

But how do NRS expect us to accept her new appearance. You can't just revamp a character beyond recognition after being in the game for 18 years. Fairplay if she had debuted in MK 9, this wouldn't have been an issue. But when you have a solid fanbase of 18 years, having your character return with a completely new identity would be a mindfuhk. It's not even just a case of new hairstyle or costume, it's a different skin tone, facial features and hair. The only thing she has retained is her costume colours. They're going to alienate a characters fanbas because of this move. And I know she isn't the biggest character in the universe, but she has a solid backing behind her

But how do NRS expect us to accept her new appearance. You can't just revamp a character beyond recognition after being in the game for 18 years. Fairplay if she had debuted in MK 9, this wouldn't have been an issue. But when you have a solid fanbase of 18 years, having your character return with a completely new identity would be a mindfuhk. It's not even just a case of new hairstyle or costume, it's a different skin tone, facial features and hair. The only thing she has retained is her costume colours. They're going to alienate a characters fanbas because of this move. And I know she isn't the biggest character in the universe, but she has a solid backing behind her
I agree with what you are saying but what good does it do to rehash this? This is what NRS is saying Tanya is TODAY-Her new design/direction seems to be that of an Egyptian like origin. Maybe they feel like Jacqui fills the role of black female in mkx I dont know. Look even Tanya's storyline is different. She's not even aligned with Shinnok.

I agree with what you are saying but what good does it do to rehash this? This is what NRS is saying Tanya is TODAY-Her new design/direction seems to be that of an Egyptian like origin. Maybe they feel like Jacqui fills the role of black female in mkx I dont know. Look even Tanya's storyline is different. She's not even aligned with Shinnok.

I had that thought as well, but I don't even get that either. I think because they gave Tanya quite a hefty role in Storymode despite only making it in as DLC. I understand your point, but I just think it's silly to give her character a competely new identity even if her personal storyline has changed. If that's the road they were taking, why didn't they just give us a completely new character? It does seem like D'vorah has inherited Tanya's betraying qualities.

I think we'd all love to hear NRS's process of creating Tanya. Or perhaps why they made the change so drastic

2 things;
1. Wow, glad to see a Tanya thread can get to 10 pages of discussion.
2. Tanya4Eva is right. No matter how much we and complain, nothing will ever change Tanya's skin back to tan. You can either hate it and yell at a wall for days, or you can just grumble and move on.
I, for one, love Tanya in both skins, and she's still going to be my favorite character in every game she is and is not in, regardless of what happens. Sure, day one, I was pissed. Her skin got on my nerves because I originally fell in love with Tanya because she was dark in MK4 and MKD. But after consideration, I realized, 'Hey, what exactly is my complaining going to do? It won't change anything.'
So I accept it, and still love tanya.
Regardless of NRS' ideas of how they wanted to rehash her, she's not changing for anyone else in the public.

2 things;
1. Wow, glad to see a Tanya thread can get to 10 pages of discussion.
2. Tanya4Eva is right. No matter how much we and complain, nothing will ever change Tanya's skin back to tan. You can either hate it and yell at a wall for days, or you can just grumble and move on.
I, for one, love Tanya in both skins, and she's still going to be my favorite character in every game she is and is not in, regardless of what happens. Sure, day one, I was pissed. Her skin got on my nerves because I originally fell in love with Tanya because she was dark in MK4 and MKD. But after consideration, I realized, 'Hey, what exactly is my complaining going to do? It won't change anything.'
So I accept it, and still love tanya.
Regardless of NRS' ideas of how they wanted to rehash her, she's not changing for anyone else in the public.

Thing is, as you say yelling at the wall isn't helping. That much is true. But it is alright to vent your frustration on here, however, it is ALOT more constructive to contact the right people about this, such as tweeting Ed Boon, and tell him about the inconsistencies of Tanya's skin colour and looks.

After you've done that though, put it on the shelf and wait. Repeating yourself over and over again will not improve anything. If anything, it might just get you ignored due to how annoying it is for having people yell the same things again and again and again at you.

NRS have stated numerous times that they see what people are saying and they take note of it, but that doesn't mean they agree with it and will actually do something about it, if they don't think it is viable or if they just prefer what they've done with it already. However, they know! They know there's people who want Tanya's skincolour to be darker.

It is in their hands now. You guys have done what you can. Now leave it to them.

Thing is, as you say yelling at the wall isn't helping. That much is true. But it is alright to vent your frustration on here, however, it is ALOT more constructive to contact the right people about this, such as tweeting Ed Boon, and tell him about the inconsistencies of Tanya's skin colour and looks.

After you've done that though, put it on the shelf and wait. Repeating yourself over and over again will not improve anything. If anything, it might just get you ignored due to how annoying it is for having people yell the same things again and again and again at you.

All of us have tweeted, so have over 30 people (and counting!)
But none of us have been answered, and that pretty much means that they aren't going to respond unless directly asked in an interview.
We have no hope of making any sort of effect, venting or not.
People all do repeat it, constantly, thinking they can single-handedly spend money to change her model again.
Like I said, we can either complain, or we can accept it, seeing as her real fans would still appreciate her in the game whatsoever.
I've come to accept it.

All of us have tweeted, so have over 30 people (and counting!)
But none of us have been answered, and that pretty much means that they aren't going to respond unless directly asked in an interview.
We have no hope of making any sort of effect, venting or not.
People all do repeat it, constantly, thinking they can single-handedly spend money to change her model again.
Like I said, we can either complain, or we can accept it, seeing as her real fans would still appreciate her in the game whatsoever.
I've come to accept it.

That's exactly my point. They might not respond, but they know. So all we can do is leave it to them.

@Tanyas Husband
I am just happy that she is in MKX. Most of her gameplay seems to be intact except her invisibility and cannon drill © Cammy White.
Her appearance isn't a deal breaker for me and i hope wouldn't be for most of her fans. We hoped for her inclusion and now that she's almost here , I at least will make the most of it. Lets just hope she has some sick gameplay, variations and fatalities. who knows, perhaps NRS will create a darker skin alt for older Tanya Fans.

Yeah, it's in their hands now. I know I've tweeted at Boon and the designers about it several times, and I've seen other people tweeting as well.

She looks a bit darker in the Coming Soon advert than she does in story mode, so fingers crossed.

Fine fine fine. Swords down :p The appearance might have got me on a Debbie Downer but I must say when I saw a HQ video on youtube, I did think she looked better than the previous vids/screenshots. So perhaps they could fix her up more before her release. Aside from that i'm extremely grateful not only for her inclusion as DLC but the fact she makes waves in storymode. I don't think any of us expected her to be in the storymode, or even have dialogue. I hope they pave the wave for a return for her, I think she's a great character who still has room to grow

For whatever reason, I've noticed that no one who tweets the developers about Tanya's white skin NEVER gets a reply.

For whatever reason, I've noticed that no one who tweets the developers about Tanya's white skin NEVER gets a reply.

Nobody will ever get one.
You know good and well that the developers all get tweets about it. They don't answer for a reason.

Nobody will ever get one.
You know good and well that the developers all get tweets about it. They don't answer for a reason.

It is just really weird that mums the word when it comes to this but they'll answer questions about everything else, including Kung Jin's sexuality. Why won't they answer something as simple as "Why'd you guys lighten up Tanya's skin so much?" Something seems fishy to me...

On a side note, I'd like to know when the hell she's coming out for DLC. Until I find out, let's just leave this here:
tanya_by_molim-d4nn3r8.jpg

Damn, man, seeing these makes me wish NRS could have devoted more time to Tanya's look this time around. Love seeing how creative people get with their Tanya redesigns, especially for Mugen and the like:

035_Tanya_MK2.png
10qw3kk.jpg
tanya_mk4_stance_by_simony17y-d5hnd6r.jpg

That's the design that she wears in Goro's ending:

xe0g09.jpg

Might be a possible alt.

As for the rest, they're just palette swaps of the MK2 ninja girls. Not very creative, imo.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Tanya-Redesigned-347698169

I like this kind of design for Tanya. Especially since they're following suit with the females more covered up.

I remember when the artist first posted these on the MKO forum. He's a good artist, but his MK designs doesn't fit with NRS' style, imo. They don't look like something MK characters would wear, but rather something seen at a renaissance fair. Remember the MK Conquest show? Kinda like that.

Btw, sorry if I seem strict or harsh in my criticism. Though I do love alot of fan designs of characters and even make some of my own, alot of the times there's a reason why these designs are FAN made and not being put into the game. It's the same with the many fan-made characters out there.

But as is proven, sometimes it falls through, like with the Kold War Scorpion skin.

Last edited: