All things Tanya! - Official Diskussion Thread

Re: Tanya's Design Compared to Older Designs.

I took this screenshot and put it on the wiki site:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...ingsoon.png/revision/latest?cb=20150419164648

It's the Store window on the main menu of the game. It changes between the four Kombat Pack characters and a few other things available in the store.

God, I wish I had a PS4 right now.
Any ideas on how I can get up $350 in a month, besides a job?
if I don't get that Job on Tuesday, it's not looking good.
I miss kicking peoples asses on TRMK when MK9 came out.

A job is a good start. Maybe take a loan and pay it off with the money you get from the job. Or of course save up for it.

A job is a good start. Maybe take a loan and pay it off with the money you get from the job. Or of course save up for it.

I've had a tough year.
I've saved up $13 in 4 months, with no job.
I can't get a loan if I can't get a Job.
Pray for me, cause this is the first MK game since MKDA that I haven't had on day 1.
I might just start one of those 'help' funds. LOL.

I've had a tough year.
I've saved up $13 in 4 months, with no job.
I can't get a loan if I can't get a Job.
Pray for me, cause this is the first MK game since MKDA that I haven't had on day 1.
I might just start one of those 'help' funds. LOL.

lol, make a Patreon or a Kickstarter, stating "Help poor MKX player realize his dream of actually playing the game. Is missing both console and game." XD

lol, make a Patreon or a Kickstarter, stating "Help poor MKX player realize his dream of actually playing the game. Is missing both console and game." XD

Omg.
That's perfect.
I'm actually thinking of doing that.
They did it on South Park and made millions off of nothing. LOL.

I know that feel. I'm in the same position. I've £105 saved so far and need at least £300 for the console alone ;(
Tempted to sell my family but apparently that's frowned upon :/

Omg.
That's perfect.
I'm actually thinking of doing that.
They did it on South Park and made millions off of nothing. LOL.

Some guy actually started a campaign that if he didn't get a certain amount (I think it was 20k dollars or so) until a certain point in time, he would kill his little rabbit pet. He even took pictures of it sitting on a kitchen table next to a knife and stuff like that. XD

Worst thing is, he actually got the money, because people were stupid enough to donate.

I know that feel. I'm in the same position. I've £105 saved so far and need at least £300 for the console alone ;(
Tempted to sell my family but apparently that's frowned upon :/

You're hilarious.
But at least you're 1/3 there!
I'm 1/40 there.

Some guy actually started a campaign that if he didn't get a certain amount (I think it was 20k dollars or so) until a certain point in time, he would kill his little rabbit pet. He even took pictures of it sitting on a kitchen table next to a knife and stuff like that. XD

Worst thing is, he actually got the money, because people were stupid enough to donate.

Good idea. I'll keep that in mind.

... I was being sarcastic. Don't do something like that! Abusing people's stupidity is bad. BAD!

I'd rather abuse people's stupidity and get a chance at a PS4 and my own copy of MKX than sitting here being poor and bored and on TRMK all day.

How anyone can say that Tanya isn't (prior to MKX, mind you) the Edenian equivalent of black is beyond me. She has brown skin, coarse hair that is noticeably different than the texture of Jade's hair, and full lips. People are so silly. I'm just going to leave this here:

Tanya-Mortal-Kombat-mortal-kombat-37414421-1574-1024.jpg

God damn that's an ugly woman.
Much better in MKX

We can beat around the bush all we like, but we all know that the main issue with Tanya in MK X is her skin colour, and yes it obviously is a problem if the subject is ongoing. Tanya made her debut in 1997, and was obviously a woman of colour (since I see some people aren't accepting when people call her black.) In Deception and Armageddon, she was still that same woman. She looked better if anything. Now, someone needs to tell me where the wires got crossed between Armageddon and MK X because we all know this isn't the same Tanya. I'm just mind boggled. You can't just change a characters complete identity and not expect an uprise. Especially one that has been around since 1997.

I know there was some disagreements with Jade in MK 9, people saying she had been white-washed, but this is just a completely new level of it all. I noticed some people saying Tanya looks kinda native american - I don't see it myself. I actually get vibes of Kira's alternate costume render when I look at her. Tiny little features with a pissed off face. http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Kira/Gallery?file=Bio2kira.jpg

I'm holding out for the 'ending' picture to be the real version of Tanya we're getting

I agree. This is the most dramatic shift yet for a human-looking character and it's not a coincidence that this only happens to the dark skinned female characters. With Tanya it's not even just her color but also her facial features. Tanya has always had a broad nose and full lips, like an African woman. In MKX she has white, European features.

The concept art in the Krypt, while still lightening her skin, at least gives her the right facial features. Hopefully her finished model will follow suit.

LOL, you guys are BEATING a DEAD horse. I loved Tanya old look also but this is how NRS wants her to look now. You will need to accept this because this is how she is NOW!
Before i came to this site i had no idea that some people didnt even considered her black (or a black Edenian), but now i see why. There are people that want to say Jacqui is bi-racial because she's lighter than Jax and has "pointy features" LOL.
SO...............