Would Anyone Want New Characters For DLC?

New characters? No, nor do I think NRS would ever risk a brand new character concept as DLC. You bring in new characters with the base game, so they can be woven into the story and so that if people dislike them, they always have others to choose from.

Old characters? Yes. I'd like Fujin and Rain, but I don't think either will happen now.

(That said, I am still annoyed by that random select box. It doesn't need to be there and apparently there are secret fights in the living towers, so...)

I think we would see Rain (Lots of work on that model, might as well use it) Havik or Reiko, Fujin, and then probably a wild card guest or new character.

If NRS were to ask me though? Totally go with a female Cyborg. We haven't had one of those yet, and it could easily be Kano/Kabal's Cyberist trying to replicate Lin Quei procedures.

yeah. when mkx was first announced and they said the roster would be half old half new i was expecting a female cyborg just for something new. its baffling the final roster has no cyborgs at all male or female.

yeah. when mkx was first announced and they said the roster would be half old half new i was expecting a female cyborg just for something new. its baffling the final roster has no cyborgs at all male or female.

Not really; the Cyborgs were based off of Predator initially, so it only makes sense they are using Predator to be the Cyborgs.

No, i think that new characters shouldnt be introduced to the story through DLC, especially if you want future games to include them or they be an integral part of the story. Im cool with returning characters but for brand new Kombatants i say hold off.

I just meant in the regard that he really doesn't have a backstory, his only appearance was in a garbage game that almost no one played, and he has never appeared in the series proper.

Like Sareena, yes. Though, Tremor did have a background story, it was just very vague... well, like Sareena's.

I'd want a new character as DLC, but I don't think Skarlet sold as well in MK9 as they had hoped for.

IIRC, Freddy sold the most, followed by Kenshi, followed by Rain and Skarlet being last.
The 2 guests make a lot of sense for MKX, since guests sold well in MK9 and Injustice, and aside from that people want familiar characters. So, if we do get another DLC character or 2 after the Kombat Pack, I don't think it will be a new character.

Well I was expecting that atleast half the roster were completely new characters so yeah I'm down for new characters

New guy here btw :)

While a brand new character would most likely not sell enough to be profitable , the new characters in the game are extremely well done. I wouldn't be surprised if a "new" DLC character would be welcomed.

On an off note : does Jason get released on the 26th or the 28th? I've heard the 26th but that's a Sunday. It would be awesome if it was the 28th. That's my birthday.

Nah I'm good, I think we got plenty of new characters for now, no need to go overboard. We can get more in the next game.

I do hope for returning characters tho, that story pack sounds good to me, I want Sindel.

As long as it's NOT Hornbuckle I.e. Liu Kang in green pants.

But yeah I see where your going with that. Maybe a King Gorbak? Or one of the lesser known Lin Keui (Hydro), etc.

I still vote for Black Dynamite as a guest though

I'm still sticking by what I said long ago, I would accept Forrest Fox as DLC. That would be amazing. No face variation. >>>
Other than that, not really, I'd like to see more post UMK3 characters return on this gen.

Exactly what I was wanting/thinking, makes way more sense with a 'Story' DLC pack. He's story is very interesting and he's obviously a skilled fighter.

I wanted Sektor or Cyrax but I'm certain Predator will play exactly like them, I'd like to have seen Kai and tbh, I always thought Monster looked cool

MKDMonster.jpg

I'm always up for New Characters, no matter how we get them.
They've been the only characters I've been using in MKX next to Mileena and Quan Chi. (Everyone else is only used for Brutality Purposes).

Honestly? No. I want only new characters that work and fit with the Story, not extras. The 8 new guys we have are well integrated. More new ones at this point just wouldn't fit in and look out of place. For DLC I want only returning ones.

So many characters should have been in this game, imo. While some who are on the roster shouldn't have... again, imo. Kai is one of those I'd have loved to see in MKX.