Would Anyone Want New Characters For DLC?

MKLegion

While their is a lot of talk about wanting veteran fighters for dlc in MKX (which I'm all for), would any of you want some more new characters as dlc, sorta like skarlet in MK9, who could be given interesting moves, backstories, and connections that could be reintroduced in future games like kenshi (even though he wasn't new).

I'm still sticking by what I said long ago, I would accept Forrest Fox as DLC. That would be amazing. No face variation. >>>
Other than that, not really, I'd like to see more post UMK3 characters return on this gen.

I wouldn't mind it, but I doubt they'd do it because guests and returning characters have a built in fanbase and are therefore more profitable.

I've always wanted a new cyborg. One of his variations could have Sektor and Cyrax moves. While the other two are completely unique to him.

Gimme Rain, Smoke and Fujin then yeah I'd like new ones.

Skarlet is the only precedent we have and she turned out to be outstanding.

She's my favoutire female char of the entire series.

yeah i think NRS deserve at least one more chance to add a new character to the roster that is unique and creative who isnt boring or a descendant.

kombat pack 2:
1 totally new character
1 completely revamped classic character,
1 classic returnee that just needs slight improvements (moves, variations) BARAKA
1 MK4 returnee with better moves and variations REIKO? FUJIN?

id mainly be interested in seeing a classic MK character with potential completley revamped from scratch into a totally new current character, it would be a good surprise so fans be like "wow i never expected _____ to be done like that!"
using NightWolf as an example but im sure many past MK characters could benefit a complete overhaul

mkx nightwolf 2.jpgmkx nightwolf.jpg

The problem for me with introducing a new character as dlc would be that they don't have a lot of development. It's already hard enough with the new characters. Just look at the ones in the game already. While most had very good character development, there are characters like erron and ferra/torr who you really learn about indirectly. The game doesn't foster your thoughts of them. They give you bios and send you on your way.

All that being said, I love new characters. I am all for new ones. They just have to be properly developed. Skarlet failed as a character realistically because she wasn't. Besides that, havik, reiko, and a robot need to come back first. Not rain. Don't pay money for rain if he comes back as dlc again

Yes, i want my werewolf character, Slasher. as a DLC.

Slasher's Biography: Slasher was raised in a native american tribe of buffalo ranchers in the mountains of Colorado. But one day, a army of mercenaries has invaded the village and abducted him and most of his people and taken them to a laboratory hidden deep in the Colorado Rockies. The scientists working there have transform Slasher and the abducted people into werewolves using a lycanthropic mutagen they have created. Using his newfound powers, Slasher escapes from the laboratory and into the unknown wilderness. Now, years later after Shao Khan's invasion, Slasher emerged from hiding and sets out on a quest to avenge his people.

Slasher's X-Ray: Slasher slashes his opponent's face three times before impaling his/her stomach with his claw, Slasher then slashes his/her face again and bites down his/her neck hard.

Slasher's Fatalities:

Got A Family To Feed: Slasher calls out his wolf brethren and together they take down their opponent and tear out his/her limbs while Slasher rips out his/her head and turns away from the camera to eat the head.

American Werewolf, Eat Your Heart Out: Slasher pounces on his opponent and rips his/her chest open, then extracts his/her heart out with his fangs and devours it in one gulp.

Last edited:
Nightwolf looking like this makes him look like a KI character.

depends how you execute it

in Ki the wolf character is extremely wolf like, around 90% wolf 10% human. he moves very wolf like hunched over with the big hind legs over the top and cartoony.

an MK wolf like character could have a more human body around 40% wolf 60% human. and move more human like so they dont look out of place.
(bottom picture is the better example, the top one was too wolf like with the legs and tail and stuff)

also he could still have variations where hes either in human indian mode or in wolf mode
or a variation that uses meter to transform from human into the wolf version

or the wolf side of him could be a ghost like spirit that works like cages stunt double (although id rather they do something new than mimic what others already have)

so theres lots of angles you can hit the idea from.

i just think a dude called Nightwolf should have some wolf-ness going on

He is as new as Sareena was when she was introduced to the main series, as they both have appeared in an adventure game first before that.

I just meant in the regard that he really doesn't have a backstory, his only appearance was in a garbage game that almost no one played, and he has never appeared in the series proper.

i dunno, is better save it, for the next MK.
DLC is for old characters imho.
..Anyway, i still remeber the "pennywyse clown" hints on Ed boon`s twitter, i think, maybe they have a "clown/kefka/joker/jester" character concept around.. i dunno.

I think we would see Rain (Lots of work on that model, might as well use it) Havik or Reiko, Fujin, and then probably a wild card guest or new character.

If NRS were to ask me though? Totally go with a female Cyborg. We haven't had one of those yet, and it could easily be Kano/Kabal's Cyberist trying to replicate Lin Quei procedures.