Who else is just done with this game?

mk9 needed a whole lot more modes/costumes/and other unlockables to keep people coming back. Compared to other fighting games out there, it was lacking alot of choices.

I think the DLC characters were fine. I mean, they were all characters people wanted, and when Freddy arrived, the online community exploded. But it all came out too quickly.

Just think, all those people that bought Season Passes, would still be playing this now, if they were still waiting on the last character, especially if it was hinted at being Freddy.

I think if Boon has any sense, he'll make UMK9 in the not too distant future. It would be a shame to see MK 9 as a 1 year wonder of a game.

if u guys are lookin for true competition, go to mortalkombatunited.com. since I'm in a clan, I have to use that site and the amount of competition there is awesome. some are even better than me and a select few can plow thru me with ease. I strongly suggest anyone who stopped playin this game cuz of lack of competition to go on this website

I just went there and they had a Baraka video up.

Wow, there's stuff he can do, I didn't realise. Like you can Ex spin in the corner, then spin again! That's going to make a couple of particular nasty corner combos I have even more nasty now!

I took like a two month break and just came back to it. I'm enjoying it a lot more this time around, and it's just as addicting as when I started. By not caring as much I've ended up doing better actually.

Although lag has been rectified for the most part now (it'll always be there some way regardless, that is online play inherently), exploiting lag tactics voraciously, intentional spamming, and the general sh*tty attitudes of people online has broken MK online for me. I think a lot of the latter two points stems from the idea of being a stat-based focused game. People get hung up on their win/loss ratio than actually learning how to play, winning fairly (respectably), and/or losing graciously.
Yes, d-bags online will always abound, but the MK kommunity takes it a whole other realm (pun intended).

Between the fun of online play being annihilated thanks to the overzealous spammers, crap attitudes of people, and the assumed death of DLC, it's all conspiring to turning most people off of MK (at least playing online) and going elsewhere.
ive been playing again recently starting to get it back a little. I think the key to winning is learning a decent bnb combo and waiting for your opponnent to attack, block, then unleash hell(sarcasm) Rinse repeat. All though I do think alot of the mk online community are utter knobs, their are others who are great people. I do find it funny that theirs alot of folk who seem to think they are a fighting guru simply because they can pull of a.combo on mk9 when to be fair compared to other fighting games, are very easy to do. They need to remove all resets and vortexes in the game. They are not meant to be their and should not be in the game.

If people care about their stats more than how they play, that is their problem and they will never grow as players.

I know plenty of people with terrible stats that are amazing at this game, and it's because they tirelessly play with numerous characters until they find one that sticks.

I don't want the community to shrink. One of the reasons I started making online tournies was to encourage the community again. As for the MK community having *******s, that is present in ALL online communities, and seriously, some of the dipshits you see in FPS games make people in the fighting community look like charity workers.

ive been playing again recently starting to get it back a little. I think the key to winning is learning a decent bnb combo and waiting for your opponnent to attack, block, then unleash hell(sarcasm) Rinse repeat. All though I do think alot of the mk online community are utter knobs, their are others who are great people. I do find it funny that theirs alot of folk who seem to think they are a fighting guru simply because they can pull of a.combo on mk9 when to be fair compared to other fighting games, are very easy to do. They need to remove all resets and vortexes in the game. They are not meant to be their and should not be in the game.

Yeah combos are not everything. It's a tool. One of many.

Me and Ray played a match just recently where I think we both only pulled off 1 combo each. The rest was us poking the every living shit out of eachother, and looking for openings and trying to break a defense. which we were both blocking like Pros.

I know ALOT of jade's combos like the back of my hand. I can combo off of stuff you don't even know. But it's situational. most big combos require the opponent to do something EXTREMELY risky, or greedy.

or the big combo itself is extremely risky. For instance B2 is a nice combo starter with Jade but if they block it in my face. I'm gonna eat a full combo myself.

EDIT:

what really makes a good player is not combos, it's the ability to read/adapt remain unpredictable. Know when things are safe/unsafe aka Knowledge. Execution is a big thing as well.

Last edited:
i agree with a lot of the stuff im reading here, but i just want to add a thought on the kombo talk. a lot of people are thinking about kombos and big hits but the fact of the matter is the higher the hits the less damage gets done? does for me anyway. i can get the same damage with an 8 hit kombo that i can get with a 18 hit kombo. so why put in so many hits in an online fight that the other player can easily break?? i go for small hits and big damage.. any thoughts anyone??
ps sorry for going off topic, ill finish with this game when i get my online trophies!

I am done with this game not because of rage due to the small things people complain about

I sold my xbox, so looks like I am done. But It was a fun game while it lasted. Still, I prefer the first 3 mk games anyway

ill never be done wit dis game its too much fun and if someone beats me i use it as a learning experience ive improved so much since it came out < this is my 1st fightin game ive played properly (soul calibre doesnt count ) ive one of de worst records online because apart from ranked i only play people wit good records or people i know r good ... mindset is everythin

Yeah, I played MK Trilogy everyday for six years.
I'm pretty sure I won't stop playing this until my disc breaks :laugh: