Variation Discussion

I wonder how variations will be integrated into the story mode, would we be able to choose variant we want or will it be auto-assigned? If it is the latter I'm thinking there could be the possibility of different persons playing the same character, like Sub-Zero.

The only thing I care is that I can throw my clone at the opponent. I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw that.

I just hope that all of his moves have a nice pace with it. People complained about in Mortal Kombat vs DC that his ice nugget was too slow to perform, (I really didn't have that much trouble executing it) but to me, human Sub-Zero in 2011 felt a wee bit slow at times. I'd like for him to have a steady pace and now be too slow or have one, or a few, of his moves to be performed slower than the others.

But that ice clone of his... I'm never going to get over that.

The only thing I care is that I can throw my clone at the opponent. I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw that.

I just hope that all of his moves have a nice pace with it. People complained about in Mortal Kombat vs DC that his ice nugget was too slow to perform, (I really didn't have that much trouble executing it) but to me, human Sub-Zero in 2011 felt a wee bit slow at times. I'd like for him to have a steady pace and now be too slow or have one, or a few, of his moves to be performed slower than the others.

Sub-Zero in MK9 was as graceful as a tank.

Speaking of the Ice Klone, seems that you can not only throw it but also make it explode at will and it seems OP at first glance

@0:40

Now notice the damage caused by the explosion alone, that's like 10% off for a non EX special move. Isn't that a bit overboard, for basically trapping your opponent in the corner?

[MENTION=17883]TheDeaconBosco[/MENTION] You have to keep in mind that the scorpion player wasn't blocking, and Scorpion's hellfire did 10% in MK9 and it wasn't a problem. Plus, if it is unblockable we probably can jump to avoid it.

MKX Sub-Zero looks incredibly agile. And with walk speeds buffed & the inclusion of the run button, I don't think any character will be slow. Even Torr looks pretty fast.

Now notice the damage caused by the explosion alone, that's like 10% off for a non EX special move. Isn't that a bit overboard, for basically trapping your opponent in the corner?

It's really early though. I saw one video where Kotal did a regular 6 hit combo that did like 40%

Now I can understand Sub-Zero's cryomancer & grandmaster variations but that unbreakable variation thats going to take some time to understand.

Now I like Scorpion's variations of ninjitsu & hellfire,my question is about the inferno variation,with this variation does Scorpion turns his entire body into fire/flame?

Speaking of the Ice Klone, seems that you can not only throw it but also make it explode at will and it seems OP at first glance

I also noticed that. Maybe Grandmaster has a Clone Stance like Liu Kang had the Dragon Stance. When you do the input, Sub creates the clone. Then you can hit a button and he either throws or explodes it.

Nah, in the Gameplay reveal trailer we see Sub-Zero detonate his Ice Clone (offscreen) after throwing Scorpion.

@1:00

Him smashing the ground, that's his animation for destroying the Ice Clone.

I'd like each variation should have their own X- Ray attack and at least 1 fatality.

Some other fatalities should be done while using any variation.

I'd like each variation should have their own X- Ray attack and at least 1 fatality.

Some other fatalities should be done while using any variation.

I dont really like the idea of have a SET fatality depending on the variation chosen. But Multiple fatalities im all for!

I'll be choosing Grandmaster just for the Ice Clones plus throwing at them at your opponent is just to awesome to pass up.

Grandmaster sounds so simple to the casual, but real players know how alpha it really is. 8-|

10584045_790389247659141_2588885361199077552_n.png

Grandmaster sounds like MK9 Sub, but fuq that, unbreakable is going to be his best variation, Idc what anyone says. Unbreakable Sub Zero is going to be my secondary.

I think the Most Played variants that i will be using are
Cryomancer- I like to be on the offensive alot
Sub Zero Cryomancer.jpg
Unbreakable- I can be defensive as well
Sub Zero Unbreakable.jpg

His Grandmaster Variant im curious about though. Its says his Ice clone trapping ability is improved, is that it? I would think all his abilities would be improved considering this is the Variant with the Dragon medallion which is suppose to enhance the wearers ability/powers. But i guess we'll all find out more as time passes.
Sub Zero Grandmaster.jpg