The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
word is the current wwe title will be used still and will now be call the wwe world heavyweight title.

also i hope he go's back to ring of honor since wwe will f him up

AJ Styles Issues Statement On His TNA Departure

AJ Styles posted the following on his website and Facebook page this morning:
MY STATEMENT ON TNA CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS 12/16/13

Today for the first time in 11 years, AJ Styles awakes to find himself without a professional wrestling contract. I can't help but think how did I get here, what must I have done wrong, did I not deliver in the ring, etc. All of those are pertinent questions that any man or woman who finds himself or herself unemployed would ask.

I have always prided myself in being the wrestler that stays away from the things in this business that could easily destroy myself, my family, my marriage, and even my career. A wrestler who goes above and beyond to give the fans what they paid to see.

I move forward not bitter, but better for the blessings and memories that I have been a part of since TNA's inception.

When this contract renegotiation journey started several months ago, my wife and I began praying for God to close doors that needed to be closed and to open the doors that He wanted us to walk through. We asked him to prepare us for this journey and to help us to have the faith to be obedient to what He would have us to do. I am assured by the name Immanuel in Matthews 1:23 that I will never be alone. Hebrews 13.5, says He will never leave us or forsake us. There is a lot in this world that I am unsure of, especially in this moment, but there is one thing that I am certain. Contracts may expire, but the promise of Immanuel will never expire.

As my family and I move forward with my wrestling career, we will turn to Jabez's prayer found in 1 Chronicles 4:10.

Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil.

My family and I are both grateful for the platform that TNA has allowed me to experience. TNA has been a blessing to our family for many years. We have made many friendships and many more memories. While you may not be seeing AJ Styles in TNA, you can be sure that he will be traveling the world and delivering many more Phenomenal matches. Visit AJStyles.org for a complete list of bookings.

Sincerely,

AJ Styles

the last month i havent really been watching wwe. it seems to have gotten rather boring honestly.
Utter crap isn't it. I've sort of kept up with whats going on but it just bores me now. All modern wrestling bores me. I think the wrestling I love has run its course now. Its aimed at a demographic I and many others aren't part off.

I watched TLC(( first event i watched since Mania 29) and it was the most mundane nonsense I've ever seen. The TLC match itself was diabolical. The ending was dreadful. Cena bangs his head on a table? Obviously a botch but still crap.

i made a tiny change to a custom wwe title in wwe 2k14

looks like a advertisment teased a big return in febuary. fans are going to go nuts

Attachments

• 1526296_10202840732244705_1613984832_n.jpg
    1526296_10202840732244705_1613984832_n.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin Nash or HHH?

hes rumored to win the royal rumble. i expect him to have a short run like the rock wich will be to mania

- WWE Hall of Famer Mae Young was reportedly hospitalized in the past week and has since been moved to a hospice. She was scheduled for the RAW Old School special but won't be appearing now.
Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...-reportedly-hospitalized/#rRptfk0XyjY0HV5G.99

im all for a new promotion but not to happy about toby ing keith being apart of it

- Regarding Jeff Jarrett possibly starting a new wrestling promotion with country music star Toby Keith, Jarrett reportedly recently contacted people in the wrestling business and told them when he's able to talk about his new project, everyone will be shocked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marked several times tonight. Most notable moist moment was Punk and Piper in the ring together. Heart could barely take it. Piper has put on weight again, though :/

Jake the Snake was a SICK return. I made sure not to read any news about tonight's show, so, I was legit surprised when his music hit. I literally almost cried. My childhood was awesome.

I knew Reigns would beat Punk, The Shield are gonna break up soon, which sucks, because I like them together.

I understand that this is a completely new generation of wrestling fans, but man they are not like the good ol days. I really miss the liveliness and pops the fans used to give. Just look up and Raw Is War videos of Stone Cold's or Rock's entrance music playing, and you'll see the crowd basically jump out their seats. Ah well, still enjoyed watching these guys show up. Especially Jake. Really wanted Backlund to Chicken Wing somebody tho

Marked several times tonight. Most notable moist moment was Punk and Piper in the ring together. Heart could barely take it. Piper has put on weight again, though :/

Jake the Snake was a SICK return. I made sure not to read any news about tonight's show, so, I was legit surprised when his music hit. I literally almost cried. My childhood was awesome.

I knew Reigns would beat Punk, The Shield are gonna break up soon, which sucks, because I like them together.

sadly i fell asleep at 3pm yesterday. just my luck to because at first it was reported jake wouldnt be there but i guess that changed because of what happened with mae young. all in all im glad he came back for one night and he looks fantastico

CM Punk quit the WWE today, apparently it is real :(

He is legit pissed about how the part timers *cough*BATISTA*cough* are getting pushes over the guys who work practically every night of the year.

I am sad, though, he is right :(

I think dude just needs a break right now. I'm betting by this years end, he might show back up. If not, I'm sure he'll find some other way to keep us entertained

CM Punk quit the WWE today, apparently it is real :(

He is legit pissed about how the part timers *cough*BATISTA*cough* are getting pushes over the guys who work practically every night of the year.

I am sad, though, he is right :(

You're being a clown if you think I am mad.

We all know you are a big Boretista fan, so, you wont agree with what he is saying, but, he is 100% right. Batista returned to wrestling on January 20th, after being away for a few years. Less than a week later, he wins the rumble and is going to the main event. If you don't think that is utterly stupid, I don't know what else I can say here. Roman Reigns should have won the rumble.

Boretista deserved that "warm" reception he got from the fans when he returned. Getting a push for the title after that many years gone? Come on WWE, stop with your unhealthy obsessions with big, muscular dudes, it's getting asinine.

You're being a clown if you think I am mad.

We all know you are a big Boretista fan, so, you wont agree with what he is saying, but, he is 100% right. Batista returned to wrestling on January 20th, after being away for a few years. Less than a week later, he wins the rumble and is going to the main event. If you don't think that is utterly stupid, I don't know what else I can say here. Roman Reigns should have won the rumble.

Reigns isn't ready. Batista is. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH.

Kidding aside I do think Reigns should have won.