Taking Questions For Our Coverage of MKX at E3 2014

Re: Official TRMK E3 Questions Thread

1. I would like them to elaborate on the fighting system, the engine being used for this game, etc. Seems much more natural and real which i'm excited about.
  2. What Editions of the game are coming. Already spent $150 on MK9 model and I will be getting the highest edition of 'X' as well:hail:

Will the MKast return?

To the Mods: Can we make this a sticky thread?

Some more questions:

- Will there be an online 4-player Tag Team mode (4 people on 4 separate consoles in Tag Team Mode online), as was supposed to be in MK9?

- Does character variation mean a similar situation like in Ultra SFIV, where you can use your favorite version of a character from other eras?

Last edited:

lol, everyone up in here demonizing perverts. They're just human beings that give into carnal desire. Grow up lol.

There is higher level of entertainment, but they settle for lower level of entertainment.

As long as they aren't groping, harrassing people, They're allowed to enjoy what they happen to enjoy.

Swear to god people can only see things from their own perspective. We all have things that annoy us or please us. We aren't the same, but someone having a different opinion of what's "good entertainment" shouldn't be demonized for it as long as they aren't hurting anyone.

I mean we're playing a game where people KILL each other. I consider that much more "evil" and immature than how light a woman is dressed. Both are fantasy.

lol, everyone up in here demonizing perverts. They're just human beings that give into carnal desire. Grow up lol.

There is higher level of entertainment, but they settle for lower level of entertainment.

As long as they aren't groping, harrassing people, They're allowed to enjoy what they happen to enjoy.

Swear to god people can only see things from their own perspective. We all have things that annoy us or please us. We aren't the same, but someone having a different opinion of what's "good entertainment" shouldn't be demonized for it as long as they aren't hurting anyone.

I mean we're playing a game where people KILL each other. I consider that much more "evil" and immature than how light a woman is dressed. Both are fantasy.

Except mixing sex and violence is never a good idea...

Except mixing sex and violence is never a good idea...

Show me a clip where characters were having sex? or doing sexual things to eachother?

Even if it was mixed, no one is still getting hurt. And last I checked you SHOULD be over 18 to play this game anyways. And it'd be a preference thing. I wouldn't want someone raping someone in the game. That would make me feel really awkward. But if it's fantasy and OTHER people like it. I won't judge them for liking what they like. What I'll judge is the idea that whether or not it was a good idea to include that in the game.

and I think it'd be terrible to include that.

nothing wrong with saying what you DON'T want in the game.

But don't shit on people who like what you don't like. They are human beings too, and we don't get to choose what we actually like, and what we actually dislike.

Summary so far

Questions Ed/NRS will most likely shed some light on:
1. What is the Story? Is it going directly off of MK9?
2. Will there be any differences in current gen/next gen iterations of the game?
3. What exactly does "a new fully-connected experience that launches players into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy" mean?
4. What does "Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style" mean?
5. Will we see new/developed iterations of the post MK3 characters like Kai, Shujinko etc or will we be seeing completely new characters in their place?
6. Will Kreate a Fighter return in MKX? (I hope he just says no.)
7. Will they bring back tag team? (50/50 on this one; it's worth a try)
8. Are we looking at 30 or 60 fps?
9. How will you guys be taking advantage of the new-gen tech?
10. Will the gameplay be more or less competitive worry than its last installment, Mortal Kombat 9?
11. Will there be running?
12. I would like them to elaborate on the fighting system, the engine being used for this game, etc. Seems much more natural and real which i'm excited about.
13. Will the MKast return? (worth a shot!)

Questions Ed/NRS will most likely not answer next week:
1. Will Shinnok be the boss?
2. How will the single player experience be like? What single player modes are there going to be? Is the story mode from last game returning, as well as the ladder mode?
3. Which Sub-Zero is in the trailer? Bi-Han or Kuai? And how is that possible for either?
4. Is the Krypt returning?
5. Did those characters from MK9 actually die?
6. How many new characters will be joining the cast?
7. Is there gonna be an online tournament mode whatsoever?
8. Is Harakiri ever making a return in the game?
9. any guest characters?
10. is the challenge TOWER returning?
11. Are bosses going to be playable?
12. Will there be animalities?
13. Will there be a demo some time before release?
14. What Editions of the game are coming?
15. Will there be an online 4-player Tag Team mode

As you said, though, never against Scorpion.
It'll be a cold day in hell before Sub-Zero ever defeats Scorpion in any promo.

Yes, but quite honestly, it's down right f***ing tiring and it doesn't mean that we have to like it.

MK9 cinematic trailer; Scorpion kills Sub-Zero
MK9 Kollector's Edition Bookends; Scorpion kills Sub-Zero.
MK9 start up screen; Scorpion defeats Sub-Zero.
Injustice intro; Scorpion is about to kill Sub-Zero.
MK X cinematic trailer; Scorpion kills Sub-Zero.

It would be nice if they could take Scorpion off the spot light or atleast let other characters shine too. I'm not saying Sub-Zero should dethrone him (I wouldn't mind though), I actually like Scorpion and his new look is great. The box art looks great too but damn! It makes it hard to appreciate something that gets blown up like that.

..I really wish he wasn't on the cover the more I think about it.

It would be nice if they could take Scorpion off the spot light or atleast let other characters shine too. I'm not saying Sub-Zero should dethrone him (I wouldn't mind though), I actually like Scorpion and his new look is great. The box art looks great too but damn! It makes it hard to appreciate something that gets blown up like that.

..I really wish he wasn't on the cover the more I think about it.

Agreed and this is coming from a guy who's favourite character is the man himself. I don't think that Box Art is final though.

yeah i doubt that box art is what they are going with they never show the box art this far from release

maybe its coming sooner then we thnk then? like jan/feb? I find it odd that they would take pre-orders now....when they didnt do pre-orders till 4-5 months b4 release for mk9....

One question i'd love for you guys to ask is:

"Do the characters that were killed in the story of MK9 have a chance of returning in MKX?"

I hope he would shed some light to that as he wouldn't give away who would return specifically or even if any of them would return.

To reiterate:

I'd love if we could find out if there will be a corresponding Artbook release with this. Would love to see one.

Agreed and this is coming from a guy who's favourite character is the man himself. I don't think that Box Art is final though.

Yeah, I sure as hell hope not.

I know that Scorpion and Sub-Zero are the stars, which is why I can kind of excuse the trailer, but I don't need him on the box art, bookends and damn start up screen too.
I'd rather have the new Mortal Kombat dragon logo on the box cover, with "Mortal Kombat X" below it, rather than Scorpion again.

Yeah, I sure as hell hope not.

I know that Scorpion and Sub-Zero are the stars, which is why I can kind of excuse the trailer, but I don't need him on the box art, bookends and damn start up screen too.
I'd rather have the new Mortal Kombat dragon logo on the box cover, with "Mortal Kombat X" below it, rather than Scorpion again.

Yeah, MK9 breaking tradition kind of annoyed me. I know Onaga was on the MK:D cover, but he wasn't featured as prominently as the Dragon Logo. MK9's cover had your eyes all over the place.

My guess it was WB's call, probably told them to put mascots on the cover as the Dragon Logo isn't enough. Promotion, promotion, promotion.

Summary so far

Questions Ed/NRS will most likely shed some light on:
1. What is the Story? Is it going directly off of MK9?
2. Will there be any differences in current gen/next gen iterations of the game?
3. What exactly does "a new fully-connected experience that launches players into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy" mean?
4. What does "Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style" mean?
5. Will we see new/developed iterations of the post MK3 characters like Kai, Shujinko etc or will we be seeing completely new characters in their place?
6. Will Kreate a Fighter return in MKX? (I hope he just says no.)
7. Will they bring back tag team? (50/50 on this one; it's worth a try)
8. Are we looking at 30 or 60 fps?
9. How will you guys be taking advantage of the new-gen tech?
10. Will the gameplay be more or less competitive worry than its last installment, Mortal Kombat 9?
11. Will there be running?
12. I would like them to elaborate on the fighting system, the engine being used for this game, etc. Seems much more natural and real which i'm excited about.
13. Will the MKast return? (worth a shot!)

Questions Ed/NRS will most likely not answer next week:
1. Will Shinnok be the boss?
2. How will the single player experience be like? What single player modes are there going to be? Is the story mode from last game returning, as well as the ladder mode?
3. Which Sub-Zero is in the trailer? Bi-Han or Kuai? And how is that possible for either?
4. Is the Krypt returning?
5. Did those characters from MK9 actually die?
6. How many new characters will be joining the cast?
7. Is there gonna be an online tournament mode whatsoever?
8. Is Harakiri ever making a return in the game?
9. any guest characters?
10. is the challenge TOWER returning?
11. Are bosses going to be playable?
12. Will there be animalities?
13. Will there be a demo some time before release?
14. What Editions of the game are coming?
15. Will there be an online 4-player Tag Team mode

This is really accurate. Good job for summarizing this. I do believe however that in your list of things that he most likely won't answer, that number 4 is a plausible question to ask. He revealed the Krypt returning for MK9 at E3 if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:

7w6y.

Last edited:

Of course it's not real.
Somebody just Photoshopped Scorpion and painted him blue, with a frozen hand. :laugh:

Sub-Zero looks nothing like that.
Just look at my sig.

That being said, I don't think the Scorpion box art will be the final box art either.