So do you like MGS5?

The difference is that MGS is a series with a complex, intricate and fragile story line, while everything you listed above is either not story driven at all (MK, Street Fighter, Super Mario, Sonic) or is just a stand alone story. You don't need to play every game in the series to understand any of the games you listed.

MGS though? Yeah you should play from the beginning because they're all linked to each other and you're not going to understand any of it if you didn't play the previous installments.

But they're really not valid complaints. If you're complaining that the game plays like COD (which it doesn't) then you have no idea what you're even talking about. If you're complaining that there is no story, then you obviously haven't been listening to the cassettes which is partly where the story is. If the missions are boring to you, then you're probably just bad at the game. TPP is a fvcking solid (pun) game so far and I'm at 25% completion.

This right here invalidates everything you've said in this thread. You obviously have no idea what the fvck you're talking about and I'm pretty positive that you have no idea how to play this game at all.

Are you fvcking serious? I can chalk up any game like that.

MK is just people fighting.
Halo is just a space man shooting aliens.
Assassins Creed is just a guy jumping from buildings.
Tomb Raider is just a girl in the jungle hopping from ledges.

Everything is 2D when you sum it up half assed.

You just see Hideo Kojima, Metal Gear and the money out of your account and lull yourself into thinking this is the equivalent to the second coming of Christ. Listen to cassettes for the story is the lamest excuse for anything I have ever heard. The fact its there is slapping you in the face. The entire game is Hideo Kojima laughing at you all through a game he was forced to make which led to his leaving of Konami.

10 years down the line this will be remembered as the numbered series low point. If it really is so good and you were sure of that you wouldn't resort to personal attacks or feel the need to defend yourself to someone who "doesn't have a clue".

Good day sir!!

You just see Hideo Kojima, Metal Gear and the money out of your account and lull yourself into thinking this is the equivalent to the second coming of Christ. Listen to cassettes for the story is the lamest excuse for anything I have ever heard. The fact its there is slapping you in the face. The entire game is Hideo Kojima laughing at you all through a game he was forced to make which led to his leaving of Konami.

10 years down the line this will be remembered as the numbered series low point. If it really is so good and you were sure of that you wouldn't resort to personal attacks or feel the need to defend yourself to someone who "doesn't have a clue".

Good day sir!!

First off, nobody thinks MGSV is the second coming of Christ. It's a fantastic game, but no game is perfect. Second of all, the game is expansive enough to listen to a few tapes on your way to objectives. I like this technique a lot more than 8 hour cutscenes. And I remember another game that tried storytelling like this but failed HORRIBLY. ( cough* DESTINY* cough) Third, this series would never be where it is without Kojima. That's why everyone knows this is the last MGS. (Unless Konami pulls a GGG and remakes the older games.)

The series' low point? Really? You obviously haven't played enough of this game to know what you're talking about.

None of these can be compared to the Metal Gear Solid series. MGS is very story-driven so jumping right into MGSV is a lot different than jumping into a game series about a plumber stepping on Goombas.

Yeah didn't you know he said that in the same post!? *facepalm*

You just see Hideo Kojima, Metal Gear and the money out of your account and lull yourself into thinking this is the equivalent to the second coming of Christ.

I will attack you now. You're a fvcking idiot.

Listen to cassettes for the story is the lamest excuse for anything I have ever heard.

Cry more about the cassettes you giant fvcking baby. Cry more about how it's not codec conversations anymore. Cry more about how the story isn't given to you on a silver platter during static codec calls that stop time. I'm willing to bet the reason you don't like the cassettes is because you can't focus on them while doing missions because you're too busy getting spotted and shot at because you're terrible at the game, which is probably why you (and only you and a handful of select people) don't like the game.

Good day sir!!

Nowhere in my first post did I attack you. If you think saying "you obviously have no idea what you're talking about" is an attack, then I feel sorry for you. Though it's true, you really don't have any idea what the hell you're talking about and that's why you try to bash this game. You're trying to bash it on the most bullshit excuses out there. If the steal aspect is so bad, explain it then. Please explain what makes it so bad.

Explain why you don't like cassettes. Give me another excuse other than "HUUURRRRR KOJIMA IS RAFFING AT YOU HHHUUUURRRRRRR CASSETTES ARE STUPID DUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRR".

I didn't "feel the need to defend myself". I felt the need to call you out on your bullshit. The game isn't bad. It's great. If you don't like it because it's not for you, that's cool. Completely understandable. Peace Walker wasn't for me. I wasn't gonna bash it, I just couldn't get into it. But that's not what you said. You said "its a really dull, repetitive, easy duck and cover shooting game with terrible stealth aspects" which is a ridiculous lie. The stealth aspects are great as usual. Boxes are there like always, the day/night time aspect is awesome because it adds variety to how you can go about your objective and slipping to the side of your horse so the enemy doesn't see you is a pretty damn cool stealth feature. You don't have to duck and cover shoot. You could...sneak your way through! (I know, crazy thought right?). It's sure as hell isn't repetitive as the enemies adapt to your tactics (example; if you do too many head shots, more enemies will start wearing helmets), and it's definitely not dull. It's most likely dull to you because you don't get it.

Now if you're not going to go into detail about why you don't like this game other than the bullshit you said in your other post, go be a hipster somewhere else.

First off, nobody thinks MGSV is the second coming of Christ. It's a fantastic game, but no game is perfect. Second of all, the game is expansive enough to listen to a few tapes on your way to objectives. I like this technique a lot more than 8 hour cutscenes. And I remember another game that tried storytelling like this but failed HORRIBLY. ( cough* DESTINY* cough) Third, this series would never be where it is without Kojima. That's why everyone knows this is the last MGS. (Unless Konami pulls a GGG and remakes the older games.)

The series' low point? Really? You obviously haven't played enough of this game to know what you're talking about.

This guy gets it.

Yeah didn't you know he said that in the same post!? *facepalm*

I will attack you now. You're a fvcking idiot.

Cry more about the cassettes you giant fvcking baby. Cry more about how it's not codec conversations anymore. Cry more about how the story isn't given to you on a silver platter during static codec calls that stop time. I'm willing to bet the reason you don't like the cassettes is because you can't focus on them while doing missions because you're too busy getting spotted and shot at because you're terrible at the game, which is probably why you (and only you and a handful of select people) don't like the game.

Nowhere in my first post did I attack you. If you think saying "you obviously have no idea what you're talking about" is an attack, then I feel sorry for you. Though it's true, you really don't have any idea what the hell you're talking about and that's why you try to bash this game. You're trying to bash it on the most bullshit excuses out there. If the steal aspect is so bad, explain it then. Please explain what makes it so bad.

Explain why you don't like cassettes. Give me another excuse other than "HUUURRRRR KOJIMA IS RAFFING AT YOU HHHUUUURRRRRRR CASSETTES ARE STUPID DUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRR".

I didn't "feel the need to defend myself". I felt the need to call you out on your bullshit. The game isn't bad. It's great. If you don't like it because it's not for you, that's cool. Completely understandable. Peace Walker wasn't for me. I wasn't gonna bash it, I just couldn't get into it. But that's not what you said. You said "its a really dull, repetitive, easy duck and cover shooting game with terrible stealth aspects" which is a ridiculous lie. The stealth aspects are great as usual. Boxes are there like always, the day/night time aspect is awesome because it adds variety to how you can go about your objective and slipping to the side of your horse so the enemy doesn't see you is a pretty damn cool stealth feature. You don't have to duck and cover shoot. You could...sneak your way through! (I know, crazy thought right?). It's sure as hell isn't repetitive as the enemies adapt to your tactics (example; if you do too many head shots, more enemies will start wearing helmets), and it's definitely not dull. It's most likely dull to you because you don't get it.

Now if you're not going to go into detail about why you don't like this game other than the bullshit you said in your other post, go be a hipster somewhere else.

This guy gets it.

You add nothing. All you can say is I suck at the game so I don't like it. The game is incredibly easy. Sneak around, if you do get caught, head shot, collect item, call helicopter, spend money repeat. Give it a few months or maybe even years, when the my stuff I just bought is awesome crap will die down and you will all realise this game is naff. It's fairly buggy too. I've been stuck jumping randomly several times near a wall. It borrows and takes elements from every other shooting game that is out there currently. It's Metal Gear diluted.

The stealth is just terrible and has been bettered in other games. Arkham series even does it better. It's not challenging at all. Utterly dull with no real narrative.

It's not repetitive because the enemies start wearing helmets? Sure. You are all fooled into thinking this is better than it is by paid for scores, the fact that you have just bought it plus the Hideo Kojima and the Metal Gear name.

I give you reasons why I don't like the game as much as the others in the series and you say they are not reasons? This game borrows too much from other games and really is no longer its own thing. Its Metal Gear diluted. This is the Metal Gear equivalent of Operation Racoon City.

You add nothing.

The stealth aspects are great as usual. Boxes are there like always, the day/night time aspect is awesome because it adds variety to how you can go about your objective and slipping to the side of your horse so the enemy doesn't see you is a pretty damn cool stealth feature. You don't have to duck and cover shoot. You could...sneak your way through! (I know, crazy thought right?). It's sure as hell isn't repetitive as the enemies adapt to your tactics (example; if you do too many head shots, more enemies will start wearing helmets), and it's definitely not dull. It's most likely dull to you because you don't get it.

Added more reasons than you.

You add nothing. All you can say is I suck at the game so I don't like it. The game is incredibly easy. Sneak around, if you do get caught, head shot, collect item, call helicopter, spend money repeat.

This can be said about almost every other game. Uncharted, Tomb Raider, Batman (maybe not shooting, but punching), Gears of War, Far Cry, and so so many more.

Go in, shoot, kill, collect item needed, get collectible, exit, spend points on upgrades, wash and repeat.

Games are repetitive in themselves.

It's fairly buggy too. I've been stuck jumping randomly several times near a wall. It borrows and takes elements from every other shooting game that is out there currently. It's Metal Gear diluted.

Every game that comes out now has bugs in it. Learn to deal with it.

Since when the fvck could games not take ideas and concepts from other games and add them into their game? I didn't know that every game out there has to be 100% ORIGINAL CONTENT with no pulp added.

It's not repetitive because the enemies start wearing helmets? Sure. You are all fooled into thinking this is better than it is by paid for scores, the fact that you have just bought it plus the Hideo Kojima and the Metal Gear name.

Holy shit. It's not just that. You do excessive amounts of head shots, more enemies wear helmets, you do body shots they start wearing heavy armor, you use sleep gas and they start wearking mask. Location details differ by how much damage you do to the place. It forces you to do different tactics other than doing what you were doing before. Get your head out of your ass.

The stealth is just terrible and has been bettered in other games. Arkham series even does it better. It's not challenging at all. Utterly dull with no real narrative.

This makes me laugh. I won't even bother with this part of your comment. It's so ridiculous that I don't even know where to start.

You are all fooled into thinking this is better than it is by paid for scores, the fact that you have just bought it plus the Hideo Kojima and the Metal Gear name.
Translates to your earlier posts-
"HUUURRRRR KOJIMA IS RAFFING AT YOU HHHUUUURRRRRRR".

I give you reasons why I don't like the game as much as the others in the series and you say they are not reasons? This game borrows too much from other games and really is no longer its own thing. Its Metal Gear diluted. This is the Metal Gear equivalent of Operation Racoon City.

Oh no, they are reasons. They're just shitty reasons that have no warrant to them. You keep bashing the game for things that almost everyone else has no problems with (because they're not problems). It seems like you expected this game to be the end all be all. It's almost like...

You expected the second coming of Christ.

The game borrows elements from other games. Big fvcking deal. Nothing is 100% original anymore and once you except that fact, maybe you'll live a better life.

All in all, I think everyone here is done with you. Go bich about how you feel this game isn't up to your impossible standards somewhere else while the rest of us enjoy this amazing game.

Last edited:
You add nothing. All you can say is I suck at the game so I don't like it. The game is incredibly easy. Sneak around, if you do get caught, head shot, collect item, call helicopter, spend money repeat. Give it a few months or maybe even years, when the my stuff I just bought is awesome crap will die down and you will all realise this game is naff. It's fairly buggy too. I've been stuck jumping randomly several times near a wall. It borrows and takes elements from every other shooting game that is out there currently. It's Metal Gear diluted.

So he doesn't like the game... Why do you guys care about his opinion? You can't convince him otherwise, and there's no reason to try. His opinion doesn't matter. Only your OWN opinion matters. If YOU like the game, then enjoy it and have fun with it, and don't let what others say get to you.

He doesn't like the game and he makes up excuses to why that is... fair enough. No one has to agree with him, but that's his opinion. And that's all it is. An opinion.

So he doesn't like the game... Why do you guys care about his opinion? You can't convince him otherwise, and there's no reason to try. His opinion doesn't matter. Only your OWN opinion matters. If YOU like the game, then enjoy it and have fun with it, and don't let what others say get to you.

He doesn't like the game and he makes up excuses to why that is... fair enough. No one has to agree with him, but that's his opinion. And that's all it is. An opinion.

His opinions have no base behind them. He can't back up his statement so its considered a stupid opinion.

I'm curious. ^^
Alot of people do and say some things on the internet that sometimes makes me wonder why. So I ask.

I don't feel like I'm wasting time putting down my thoughts on a forum. And my thoughts are that this guy doesn't have a single clue what he is talking about. Not to mention he smells funny.

Thing is, I really actually like this game. You all turn into utter trash once someone says they don't like a game. You should be really ashamed of yourself's. Nemesis wont die, you resort to personal insults and swearing. If someone really had an opinion, which could be entirely valid since it is, their opinion on something, why would you feel the need to attempt to belittle them?

Now I apologise for having you on but I wanted to prove something to myself and others about a lot of gamers. You really are arseholes. Utter scumbags in general. Not all, some great people, but the minute someone says they don't like something you like, the majority erupt into a vile, pointless defence of something with baseless opinions and name calling.

Thing is you spend time,considerable time for a forum, copying and pasting numerous nonsense from earlier posts to try and prove a point. You are utter jokes.

Why feel the need?

Lots of people hated the ultra long cutscenes. The story is still there, just in the tapes instead.

Not me. :(
I loved the MGS1, MGS2 and MGS3 cut-scenes.
I'll agree as far as MGS4 is concerned, though.

Do you really believe everyone who played MKX or even MK9 have played every past MK?

MK9, no, because it was a reboot, so playing the previous 8 games didn't matter.
MKX, yes, because it was the sequel to the reboot (MK9).

Thing is, I really actually like this game.

I'm confused, I could have swore you said that you didn't like it?

I don't like it at all. I think its extremely boring and a cop out from what made the series great. It's just frigging metal gear call of duty edition. Not happy. Does it pick up?

Oh, I'm forgetting that I'm wasting my precious time talking to someone on a video game forum...

Thing is you spend time,considerable time for a forum, copying and pasting numerous nonsense from earlier posts to try and prove a point. You are utter jokes.

Why feel the need?

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this site. You're upset that people don't care for your opinion, which I'll admit, no I don't appreciate your opinion. Why? You're sitting here saying we're all being tricked and deluded because YOU'RE unhappy with the game. You think because the game sucks, we have to feel the same way you did and be upset that "Kojima" tricked us into thinking Phantom Pain is one hell of a game which you don't think it is. You don't like it? Fine, but don't then sit here and say we're fools for liking it. That's not an opinion anymore, it's just being a dumbbell.

But, oh gee, someone is taking a little bit of their free time to talk to someone they don't know and debate things about a video game. Really? You're really going to sit here and make fun of people doing that when you are on the same exact forum? Please.

You all turn into utter trash once someone says they don't like a game. You should be really ashamed of yourself's. Nemesis wont die, you resort to personal insults and swearing. If someone really had an opinion, which could be entirely valid since it is, their opinion on something, why would you feel the need to attempt to belittle them?

No one did anything except for you. You decided to say stuff that can easily be said for another game. It's repetitive, yes, but so is Mortal Kombat. You ask if this game picks up, which it certainly does. But I'm forgetting that I'm talking to someone who doesn't want to work a little bit harder to understand what's going on. Sorry that a game is actually making you work instead of handing things for free to you. God forbids you have to put some effort into gaming once and a while.

Now I apologise for having you on but I wanted to prove something to myself and others about a lot of gamers. You really are arseholes. Utter scumbags in general. Not all, some great people, but the minute someone says they don't like something you like, the majority erupt into a vile, pointless defence of something with baseless opinions and name calling.

No one was being rude. What, someone used a little bit more profanity than others that it hurt your feelings? Cry me a river. People were simply trying to explain that there's more to this game than what you're complaining about. Had you actually listen to what they were saying, you would have realized that you're missing out on 90% of the game's content. But because you're insisting that this game is "Call of Duty" you're not going to have any of that.

So, when you start to not listen to people, and continue prancing around and shutting down people's advice to actually play the game a bit deeper than what you're doing, of course they're going to get a bit angry and defensive. I don't blame some of them for getting a little disgruntled at you. You're not listening to anyone and feel inclined to believe that this game has nothing else to offer because it's the "same old same old" for every mission. So why should people hold your hand all of a sudden because a few got a little defensive when talking to you?

Seriously, maybe if you had an open mind, you'll realize that these people aren't as bad as you think. But since you're trying to prove that gamers are nothing but "ass holes" because they swore a bit too much and "hated" your opinion, I guess people should stop talking to you and inform you about some things that you're wrong about.

I will say, yes you are missing out on a sh!t ton of content by not actually wanting to work on knowing more of the story. That there are more than just the missions to do in this game. If you really feel that you were tricked and deceived and stuff like that then I suggest selling back your game and don't come back into this thread to stir more sh!t up that there already has been.

Last edited:
You all turn into utter trash once someone says they don't like a game.

No. We don't turn to "utter trash" when someone says they don't like a game. We just don't like it when you come into a thread and bich and moan about things that have nothing wrong with them.

Nemesis wont die, you resort to personal insults and swearing. If someone really had an opinion, which could be entirely valid since it is, their opinion on something, why would you feel the need to attempt to belittle them?

I insulted you once because you were saying some downright idiotic shit. So I called you out on it. If someone has an opinion that's different than mine, that's all fine and dandy. No problems here whatsoever. Me and Shira have gone back and forth debating about games (RE6) quite a few times and each time it's gotten to a pretty heavy debate, but in the end we realize that we have different taste on the subject and then go about our day like nothing happened. However if you're gonna spew nonsense bullshit, then yeah, that's when I have a problem and I'll say something whether you like it or not and I'm not gonna filter myself to please you. I cuss a lot and if that isn't something you can deal with then you're gonna have a long hard life ahead of you because there are plenty of people out there that are the same way.

I'm an asshole. I'll be the first to admit it. Scumbag though? Hardly. There's a big difference between an asshole and a scumbag. I think you need to learn the difference.
Just because I've called you an idiot and completely refuted everything you've said doesn't make me a scumbag. You're just crying because no one else agrees with anything you've had to say.

And once again, it's not about a having a different opinion. It's about coming into a thread posting bullshit that isn't even remotely true, and once again I'm going to call you out on it.

Thing is you spend time,considerable time for a forum, copying and pasting numerous nonsense from earlier posts to try and prove a point.

Oh I didn't know part of a forum was to quote and reply to people and their posts. Silly me.

You are utter jokes.

You're a hypocrite.

Did you notice that the OP has a lot of the same issues with it as you, but I haven't replied to him? You know why? Because he put his post in a respectable manner. He didn't say shit like:

You are all fooled and lulled into thinking this is a great game when its a really dull, repetitive, easy duck and cover shooting game with terrible stealth aspects. All the bells and whistles and 10/10 reviews have you all fooled. I guarantee this game will not have the same opinion from folk in coming years.

If invading a base, sneaking, shooting and sending people to float of in balloons is your thing, more power to you but that is all the game is. Folk are deluded. It is really that 2D.

Not only are you bashing the game for shit that isn't even true, you're pretty much bashing everyone that enjoy's the game because you find it dull and repetitive. Hell you even said

Folk are deluded.

Which pretty much rips on the whole fan base of MGS itself.

So yes, excuse me for throwing out an insult at you while you insult the whole fvcking fan base.

Initially I wasn't planning on getting mgs5 (mostly cause of how much Konami has been dicks to Kojima and silent Hill and castlevania fans) I played it with my friend and I can't stop now it really feels like a swan song to the old Konami games

I just pray to the high heavens that the series doesn't get reduced to a....... (holds back tears) erotic pachinko machine like castlevania

Lots of people hated the ultra long cutscenes.
While I disliked the cut scenes in MGS4 as well. I honestly think they held back too much on this one. The lack of cut scenes is my only complaint.

Besides that, I absolutely love the game and have wasting countless hours on it all week.