Scariest Movie?

With all the hype Paranormal Activity had building behind it, I was SEVERELY dissapointed...

I am a HUGE fan of horror and macabre =) I don't mind the films filled with jumpy-cheap scares, but I LIVE for the ones that COMPLETELY **** with your head. With that, I was happy to see Mr. Raimi returning to his roots when Drag Me To Hell was announced (Evil Dead for LIFE!). Now granted, I went in the theater with the wrong mentality: I was assuming that this was just going to be a quick lil' jump back into his style of horror films without getting too deep into it, and I thought it was something quick and easy he wanted to do after Sony made him **** up those last two GODAWFUL Spiderman films. What I got, however, was truly one of the most entertaining, gripping, nerve-frying and terrifying experiences EVER. Seeing it on DVD does NOT compare to what the theater sound did for it. From beginning to end, it was a genuine spookablast, with lots of oddly timed and unexpected scares and STILL had the mind-****ing mentality I loved from Evil Dead. It had the best of both worlds and it was a truly satisfying, if not, urine-stained experience. I HIGHLY recommend turning off the lights, turning on surround sound, and encompassing yourself into this horrifying tale Raimi so masterfully put together; sleep might not come so easy afterwards =)

I will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart for American Psycho as well. Read the novel well before the movie came out, but Christian Bale absolutely BLEW me away with his performance as Patrick Bateman. The movie ITSELF wasn't scary: Bale's depiction of utter insanity and zero remorse is what scared the living shit outta me. Fantastic actor and all, but I was actually convinced that Bale was in fact a serial killer long after the credits rolled lol. A movie in and of itself doesn't have to be scary to be horrifying; all it takes is one simple aspect of it to turn it into something truly frightening. In American Psycho's case, it'd be how effortlessly Bale shrugged off human emotion and morals while he was committing his "murders", and how easily he showed that the human mind can absolutely shatter in an instant. Plus the gore, violence and utter chaos he brought into the role was a sick delight for me lol.

On the other hand, I saw a Serbian Film a while ago, and I knew going into it that it wasn't going to be scary. I'm a fan of gore and senseless violence, don't get me wrong. But Serbian was so over the top lol if you AREN'T squemish, go and shatter your soul real quick and watch it ^_^ the very last line in the film absolutely destroyed all positive things I could've felt at the time lol. Halloween was fantastic, the first Elm Street was AMAZING, and a bunch of others were good. I'm just tired of these "American remakes" coming out that suck ass...I'm looking at YOU, Quarantine -_-

Also, make sure you guys check out Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark coming up by Guillermo del Toro, looks fantastically creepy =)

Underworld wasn't necessarily a HORROR movie per se, but goddamnit did I love that series. Vamps and Lycans ripping each other to shreds, guns and swords, blue/black cinematography, soundtrack dominated by A Perfect Circle, the list goes on lol. There was this ONE reason, though, that made me love the movie and the series SO goddamn much. I'm trying to think of what it was.......

tumblr_lao6tnQ9A51qc9fxro1_250.jpg

.....I'm sorry, what was I talking about?

great movie i talked about it here =P

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/24477-Score-and-Recommend-movies/page10000

i wouldn't call it horror though, more of a suspense revenge flick in my eyes

Well this wasn't about horror, just what some could be considered scary. Like I have had friends walk out, and I nearly had to turn off Irreversible. Then they told me the next day how they had nightmares from it. Irreversible is far from horror, but scary, yes. Tragic, mos derf.

Well this wasn't about horror, just what some could be considered scary. Like I have had friends walk out, and I nearly had to turn off Irreversible. Then they told me the next day how they had nightmares from it. Irreversible is far from horror, but scary, yes. Tragic, mos derf.

i have read about this movie but never conjured up the guts to watch it because i don't think i would enjoy the film. I hear it conveys a great message but i still have no interest in seeing it .

and talking about scary things ever seen this ?

the clip doesn't seem scary but...if i could "unsee" a movie i would pick this one.

i have read about this movie but never conjured up the guts to watch it because i don't think i would enjoy the film. I hear it conveys a great message but i still have no interest in seeing it .

and talking about scary things ever seen this ?

the clip doesn't seem scary but...if i could "unsee" a movie i would pick this one.

Yeah Irreversible was great, in a sense of it's brilliance and if you sit through the whole thing, you will be devastated! You will be horribly devastated, it just grabs you and you're like, "the ****!" and you just hate them even more after the revelation. What is cool is at the very beginning you get to see some characters I Stand Alone, just the most nihilistic, self-degrading movie you will ever see. You will feel better about yourself after watching it, lol.

And yeah I have seen Visitor Q years ago.

The Saw series is pretty awful and Paranormal Activity had some great ideas but overall was boring for me. I thought Insidious was done quite well and had they left out a few parts (the horrible séance scene) it would've been almost perfect for me.

I don't really find any movies scary but I'd have to say Exorcist or Jaws, just because of the cultural impact it had when they were released.