Roster screen not final

The final roster is set with all the characters. Saw this while watching the stream today.

Spoiler:
Roster1.jpg

Interesting to see how they divvied up the characters, reflecting them horizontally. Everyone with a relative in the game is mirrored against that relative, ninjas mirror against ninjas, Kitana vs Mileena...

Liu and Ferra/Torr, and Shinnok and Goro are the only pairs that don't really fit. Shinnok vs Kotal Kahn would have been a better symmetry, still allowing Goro to have a special DLC place in the middle, but I guess they really wanted the corner spot for that.

though I do feel bad for Smoke fans.

I don't.
I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's not directed at you.

The Trilogy characters had their chance to shine in MK9 (and they did), and now it's time to move on.

As it is, the entire Original 7 are in, Goro is in, 5 of the 7 debut MKII playable cast are in, Ermac is in, 3 of the 7 debut MK4 characters are in (including Tanya) and Kenshi is in.
That's 18 characters from the old timeline, with the remaining 8 being brand new.
That sounds pretty reasonable, IMO.

I don't.
I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's not directed at you.

The Trilogy characters had their chance to shine in MK9 (and they did), and now it's time to move on.

As it is, the entire Original 7 are in, Goro is in, the majority of the MKII debut cast are in, Ermac is in, 3 of the 7 debut MK4 characters are in (including Tanya) and Kenshi is in.
That's 18 characters from the old timeline, with the remaining 8 being brand new.
That sounds pretty reasonable, IMO.
I think that is fair analysis.

I'll be honest, though, I am still going to be massively disappointed if we don't get 1 or 2 unlockables who we don't yet know about. I know some people are saying that it's probably Liu Kang and/or Shinnok, but if NRS really have revealed everyone then I think that's stupid.

So is the prevailing opinion that neither Shinok or Liu are the unlockable and we have one more character to go? Or that we know everyone and its one of the known combatants.

There are two unlockables, one for story and one for tower. Shinnok is guaranteed one of them, the other is hopefully Fujin.

I'll be honest, though, I am still going to be massively disappointed if we don't get 1 or 2 unlockables who we don't yet know about. I know some people are saying that it's probably Liu Kang and/or Shinnok, but if NRS really have revealed everyone then I think that's stupid.

I'm also hoping that the story or Tower unlockable character is 1 that we haven't seen yet.

The only complaint would be that the roster should've been as big as Mk9 on launch. I wouldn't care if it was Mk1-Mk3 characters, Post Mk3, or brand new characters.

The only complaint would be that the roster should've been as big as Mk9 on launch. I wouldn't care if it was Mk1-Mk3 characters, Post Mk3, or brand new characters.

Quality > Quantity, IMO, and that's exactly what we're getting with MKX.

We're getting both actually, 25 is more than enough, that's why it's a shame there's too many characters in the same mold. Still, plenty to go around!

Considering each character has 3 variations, we're kinda getting a bigger roster than MK9's.

Yes I completely agree, I'm so pumped for the game and all the characters look great. I just feel that it it's a bit of a step backwards including less characters then the previous game (MKA doesn't count :p) especially making the jump to next gen, and the console being able to handle more. I also know that they don't know the "new" technology as well and have a deadline to get the game done and I'm sure they tried their best to include as much as they could.

Shinnok may be unlockable. You know, he is the boss. I know MK4 wasn't like this, but makes more sense.

About Liu Kang, not sure if he will be unlockable.

After his reveal, he has nothing as special as we have been thinking throughout all this time.

He is as revenant as Jax, as Kitana, Kung Lao, etc.

He may be the boss. That is absolutely not confirmed.

I'm not saying he is konfirmed as the "big bad" or the "main antagonist", but he is the boss for sure.

At the least one of the bosses, if we think that we may have more.

Sorry, I should have said "A boss".

No, there's the normal tower like in any MK game with a boss...

when has mk ever had an unlockable character from simply just beating the arcade ladder? That would be a waste. There's no unlockable for that. Only story. And towers and arcade ladders are two completely different things in mk.

I agree I also hope Fujin and Reiko are in it, with possibly give or take Havik if I only get to choose two then Fujin and Reiko.