Rain Thread - "I am the Prince of Edenia"

It's still wrong. The guy is just trolling you. Why are you worried about what he says, basically saying to do press the wrong buttons or you suck. Anyway, the only reason its easier is because you had 1+2 in your head already. Don't explain yourself to people when they make no sense.

It's a lot easier to hit one less button. Basically with the combo being wrong, he had no right to say, "how hard is it to hit". It's not hard to hit, but why question somebody when it's wrong. "makes no sense at all"~A. 3000

When your playing and you're not that good, for some people one button is hard to hit. He just gets his self-esteem online. LOL, you suck, you can't press an extra button, you're slow, you're a newb, laugh at people online...hahahahaha..etc. Sad man.

On top of that he said, "the combos are extremely difficult". Then he called you out just 'cause he posted some videos. Buddy, just trying to tell you not to explain yourself to people online.

Dude calm down, I was just kidding, very different to trolling, I made a sarcastic comment but I was hoping him to explain me more his problem to help, just shut up man you are embarassing yourself, and with "extremaly difficult combos" I was meaning the uppercut ones, that has an insane exact timing and you need to put the bubble in an exact place, they are a glitch that is difficult to take advantage of, just that.

And if I would not care of people and want to troll them I would just fight them online instead of making a combo guide to help them.

Thanks =)

Can someone explain to me what buttons on the xbox correspond with the whole

1,2,3,4 thing

i forgot :sad:

edit - nevermind, like a dummy i didn't read the 1st page...

For those who haven't seen the first page:

1(low punch=X/square) 2(high punch=Y/triangle)

3(low kick=A/X(<ps3)) 4(high kick=B/O(<ps3)

Dude calm down, I was just kidding, very different to trolling, I made a sarcastic comment but I was hoping him to explain me more his problem to help, just shut up man you are embarassing yourself, and with "extremaly diffucult combos" I was meaning the uppercut ones, that has an insane exact timing and you need to put the bubble in an exact place, they are a glitch that is difficult to take advantage of, just that.

And if I would not care of people and want to troll them I would just fight them online instead of making a combo guide to help them.

Thanks =)

Yeah, man. You did earn respect making the vids. And I went back and read what you said, you're right. I'm always preaching not to take stuff out of context online and I did that. My fault. Thought you was just being a _____. I see your rep and respect that.

Hell, I'm new. I have to at least let everybody know where I stand. Sorry to be disrespectful though.

One more thing. I'm far from embarrassing myself. My point was valid enough. 3000 post don't mean jack. Just sayin'.

Yeah, man. You did earn respect making the vids. And I went back and read what you said, you're right. I'm always preaching not to take stuff out of context online and I did that. My fault. Thought you was just being a _____. I see your rep and respect that.

Is ok, im just sarcastic, and I react a bit agressive, lets cry together in a manly way lol

Universal layout

1-----------4

PS - I can do the uppercut combos sometimes, but those vids were uploaded by another guy who posted them for the guide.
Note: Doing them online is insane... lol

PS2 - Welcome to the forums =)

Is ok, im just sarcastic, and I react a bit agressive, lets cry together in a manly way lol

Universal layout

1-----------4

PS - I can do the uppercut combos sometimes, but those vids were uploaded by another guy who posted them for the guide.
Note: Doing them online is insane... lol

PS2 - Welcome to the forums =)

Yeah I type what I'm thinking online a lot too, no big deal.

Change of topic. I've only followed up on the uppercut combo 0 times out of 20 mins up practice. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas? Besides the obvious, "you suck";-)

Yeah I type what I'm thinking online a lot too, no big deal.

Change of topic. I've only followed up on the uppercut combo 0 times out of 20 mins up practice. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas? Besides the obvious, "you suck";-)

lol, they are too difficult, and tbh it doesnt worth it, because you will have problems timing it practice mode so imagine online, with pressure, moving targets, lag, and input delay... ugh, besides Im pretty sure they will patch it to fix it because its a glitch.

Just practice and do the dashes very quick, that's the main problem the dashes, try the lightning one, is easier because you dont have to deal with the water bubble locating. Do the lightning, do a freaking fast dash and uppercut, you will know you are doing it right because Rain will uppercut the opponent and instead of flying away towards, he will fly away behind Rain, then fast dash and continue with the combo.

If they made 3 low, it would be WAY too fast for a low starter. I use that as a blockstring and it being high is a blessing imo.

3,3 xx bd4 dash cancel grab

gets em everytime with that grab. They are always expecting a combo and it is fast enough that people don't generally let go of block in time to hit me out of it

And what is this 80% combo nonsense?
Rain is ANYTHING but OP or Broken

I'm sorry. I didn't post the vids to go along with my statement talking about Rain's combos breaking 80%. I'm on my phone so I can't post them now. But, if someone else were to post CHECK4900's Rain combos, that would be fantastic. His Rain combo's are ridiculous one-combo-killers that are only possible because Rain can combo out his Uppercut.

I'm sorry. I didn't post the vids to go along with my statement talking about Rain's combos breaking 80%. I'm on my phone so I can't post them now. But, if someone else were to post CHECK4900's Rain combos, that would be fantastic. His Rain combo's are ridiculous one-combo-killers that are only possible because Rain can combo out his Uppercut.

Ummmm..... the combos aren't that strong 'cause he can combo his uppercut, they are strong because he has a huge buff that lasts for nearly all the moves in the combo... AND he is using three bars, and with a combo that you could never pull online, it is just a waste. NOT TO MENTION that the buff makes it so that Rain can't block, which makes the string even EASIER to avoid...

Ummmm..... the combos aren't that strong 'cause he can combo his uppercut, they are strong because he has a huge buff that lasts for nearly all the moves in the combo... AND he is using three bars, and with a combo that you could never pull online, it is just a waste. NOT TO MENTION that the buff makes it so that Rain can't block, which makes the string even EASIER to avoid...

The fact the the buff disables block isn't much of a setback. It doesn't stop me from pulling at least a 50-60% combo. If I could pull off a combo out of an Uppercut it would probably jump the damage up by 10% more, maybe? I don't know because I'm not even trying it for the fact that it could get patched out. But still, even without the buff, that combo would probably land around 50-60%ish.If you think that comboing out of the Uppercut is perfectly fine, that's your opinion. It's a small issue because yes, not every average-joe will bust 80% in a match. He's not broken though, I agree with you there. I just don't think he should be able to combo after using an Uppercut, which makes him unbalanced not broken, imo.

For people who don't know what I'm talking about, it's things like these

83% Three Bars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov4cm9rTEr0

50% Meterless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3buHBsOqgIU

76% Three Bars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dMBnkE61Wg

Even without the Enhanced bars, I doubt combo's like those won't break 50%.

Furthermore, BrokenJanders, if 3,3 were a low attack, what makes it too fast to be a low starter? Are you saying that if 3 was a low attack then Rain wouldn't be able to do something like 3,3 xx Bubble/3,3 xx Lightning and combo after that? 3,3 xx Super Kick dash cancel grab is a nice block string, but I don't see why it wouldn't work if the first 3 was a low attack. I also think Rain should be able to combo off his b+1 low attack. It feels incomplete for being just a one-hitter that doesn't sweep or pop-up. Just dash cancel grabbing just doesn't suffice to me when it comes to punishing Turtles.

Btw, I'm not liking this hostile vibe I'm getting from you. I'm not trying to sound like a douche/know-it-all/smart-ass or anything. I'm just trying to exchange opinions on what I think is wrong with Rain, not debate and argue back and forth. If I got you ticked off or something, I'm sorry.

I don't know how to embed, so yeah, help would be nice..

I'm loving Rain, but his juggle combo is messed up in tag-team because it triggers the special tag attack. That's a shame because I prefer to play tag over one on one matches.

Once again it's time for me to bomb people with TylerLantern videos, only because he does really good combos that, with proper timing and execution, can be pulled off to great affect. Or at the very least give you ideas for other combos to test out in the lab. N-Joy.

[

Once again it's time for me to bomb people with TylerLantern videos, only because he does really good combos that, with proper timing and execution, can be pulled off to great affect. Or at the very least give you ideas for other combos to test out in the lab. N-Joy.

Heh, I highly doubt we will be pulling off 80%s online anytime soon :p

Probably not, but it gives people ideas for future combos. Like "Hey, I didn't know he could do that." or maybe "Well, if I can chain this combo with this combo, then do this.." etc etc. Learning tools are always great.

Probably not, but it gives people ideas for future combos. Like "Hey, I didn't know he could do that." or maybe "Well, if I can chain this combo with this combo, then do this.." etc etc. Learning tools are always great.

I know, I'm just messing around.

He does do some nice things, though. Wonder how much they do without DMG boost?

The fact the the buff disables block isn't much of a setback. It doesn't stop me from pulling at least a 50-60% combo. If I could pull off a combo out of an Uppercut it would probably jump the damage up by 10% more, maybe? I don't know because I'm not even trying it for the fact that it could get patched out. But still, even without the buff, that combo would probably land around 50-60%ish.If you think that comboing out of the Uppercut is perfectly fine, that's your opinion. It's a small issue because yes, not every average-joe will bust 80% in a match. He's not broken though, I agree with you there. I just don't think he should be able to combo after using an Uppercut, which makes him unbalanced not broken, imo.

For people who don't know what I'm talking about, it's things like these

83% Three Bars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov4cm9rTEr0

50% Meterless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3buHBsOqgIU

76% Three Bars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dMBnkE61Wg

Even without the Enhanced bars, I doubt combo's like those won't break 50%.

Furthermore, BrokenJanders, if 3,3 were a low attack, what makes it too fast to be a low starter? Are you saying that if 3 was a low attack then Rain wouldn't be able to do something like 3,3 xx Bubble/3,3 xx Lightning and combo after that? 3,3 xx Super Kick dash cancel grab is a nice block string, but I don't see why it wouldn't work if the first 3 was a low attack. I also think Rain should be able to combo off his b+1 low attack. It feels incomplete for being just a one-hitter that doesn't sweep or pop-up. Just dash cancel grabbing just doesn't suffice to me when it comes to punishing Turtles.

Btw, I'm not liking this hostile vibe I'm getting from you. I'm not trying to sound like a douche/know-it-all/smart-ass or anything. I'm just trying to exchange opinions on what I think is wrong with Rain, not debate and argue back and forth. If I got you ticked off or something, I'm sorry.

I don't know how to embed, so yeah, help would be nice..

Also, the buff comes at the price of having NO low starters. As well as having block disabled. I think it is quite balanced. Not to mention he doesn't have much of a wakeup game... I think there are many more factors that play in to Rain being nice and balanced, that's all

I'm not trying to be hostile. Sorry if I am coming off as that :(

When I meant that it is fast, I meant something like, 'imagine KL's spin was a low attack...' That kind of thing (course it isn't as fast as the spin, GOD FORBID!) Not in a, 'I wouldn't have enough time to cancel into a special' kind of way. Adding a low to a blockstring may make it easier to breaker out as well of b/c 6/10 times an opponent stand blocks... Not saying that that is a bad or good thing.... I wasn't exactly saying that making it a low is HORRIBLE, just saying that it isn't really a big deal that it is a high instead of a low and people are people are complaining about it for visual purposes... (not you in specific, but a lot of people have talked about that issue)

And I do agree that B+1 should be combo-able. It does seem a little incomplete. But it has a similar animation to B+2, so maybe that was the thinking behind it....

And honestly, I don't have much of a problem with a low starter with Rain because he can easily set up combos with a surprise lightning, or a bubble. And of course punishing is another big part of his combos B/C he doesn't have a low combo starter...

I just think that Rain is very fine and balanced where he is now...

I'm loving Rain, but his juggle combo is messed up in tag-team because it triggers the special tag attack. That's a shame because I prefer to play tag over one on one matches.

I play tag with Rain all the time and I dont have any issues with it.

I need help with rains overhead combo (back 2 , 1+2). If the opponent is low blocking he automaticaly blocks the overhead even though he is crouch blocking. EVERYTIME. Its really annoying, does he have any other overheads?

I need help with rains overhead combo (back 2 , 1+2). If the opponent is low blocking he automaticaly blocks the overhead even though he is crouch blocking. EVERYTIME. Its really annoying, does he have any other overheads?

do you face skilled players? of so they could be fuzzy guarding as its possible to read the overhead especially if expecting it.

edit: also a post of my own, how do you guys manage the super kick cancel shenaniganes? (mixups, mindgames, pressure, etc) because it BREAKS my fingers on pad or stick trying to get it to work. rediculously hard imo.

Last edited: