Rain Thread - "I am the Prince of Edenia"

kombo at 4:20 is like one im working on atm..
JIP,4,3,lightning,4,3,super kick,4,3,bubble,3,4,x-ray,4,geyser kick

so yeah, pretty much just added a bubble in there with another 3,4...timing is really strict on getting that x-ray, i havnt managed it yet so im not entirely sure its possible, although i dont see why not. when i have hit the x-ray its because im a split second too late and the combo finishes after the bubble. if youre opponent wasnt quick enough to react in the half a second they have they wont block it, but i still want to see if its possible without breaking the chain.

Have you done it yet? You might have to either just do 4+xray after the bubble, or xray after the bubble. I don't think it is possible to xray after the 4,3+bubble in your combo, the delay for the xray to start is too long. I'm prolly wrong though, and it may be possible.

edit:

I've been trying to do your combo, and I don't think it is possible. There are too many hits before it, and the xray comes out too late. If it was less hits, like in the video, it would be possible. It maybe possible if you do it right after the bubble, but I couldn't time it right.

I also don't think the damage would be that great, and would get scaled considerably.

So far the best midscreen combos I've found, that don't require the uppercut (which will prolly be gone), boosting, or the roundhouse cancel (which I can't do), are the following:

42%
4, 3, bubble, 4, 3, superkick, 4, 3, lightning, 4 geyser

X-ray
53%
4, 3, bubble, 4, 3, superk, 4, 3, X-ray, 4 geyser

those percentages are without the jip. So add like 2-3% to them. So give those a whirl.

I do think that ending combos with the 4+enhanced water spray move is a better option because it keeps them standing and you don't have to worry about wakeup attacks. I don't know if it gives you any sort of advantage like Cage's nut punch. But then again, I don't play as Rain, negative edge bothers me too much to use him, and sometime online isn't his friend. But I bet I could get used to all that if I practiced more with him.

Edit 2:
I edited my kombos. Currently watching a tournament on a stream and a guy using Rain did my combo but ended it with an uppercut. Does more damage. I don't the damage for the xray so I didn't post it. I'll edit it in tomorrow.

Edit 3:
Must've been sleepy and saw the damage wrong, so I changed the kombos back. My bad.

Last edited:
4, 3, bubble, 4, 3, superkick, 4, 3, lightning, uppercut is a great combo, thanks. But instead of finishing it with the uppercut, I end it with 4, Geyser Kick, it adds 2% to the damage.

4, 3, bubble, 4, 3, superkick, 4, 3, lightning, uppercut is a great combo, thanks. But instead of finishing it with the uppercut, I end it with 4, Geyser Kick, it adds 2% to the damage.

That is what I used to end it with until I saw that last night. But I guess I was seeing things because the uppercut ender does not do 43 percent, changing the inputs back to the way I originally had it.

The 4, geyser kick can be hard to pull off sometimes, my geyser kick misses once in a while. Got any trick to make it connect more often?

try to get the 4 to hit pretty early on your opponents way down. That is what I try to do. It is kinda tricky. I cannot for the life of me pull of this combo online though. Negative with Rain kills me online.

Rain combos, maybe you like a few combos, maybe not.

3 hit combo, 15% damage: B+2, Lightning, Geyser Kick
3 hit combo, 18% damage: 3, Super Kick, Aqua Shot
4 hit combo, 14% damage: B+2, 1+2, Lighting, delayed Lightning
6 hit combo, 16% damage: 1, 2, Lightning, B+3
4 hit combo, 17% damage: 1, 2, Lightning, Uppercut or Geyser Kick
4 hit combo, 17% damage: B+2, 1+2, Lighting, Jump Kick
4 hit combo, 22% damage: 4, 3, Bubble, Uppercut
5 hit combo, 19% damage: 3, 3, Lightning, Super Kick, Super Kick
5 hit combo, 20% damage: B+2, 1+2, Lightning, Bubble, Uppercut
5 hit combo, 22% damage: B+2, 1+2, Dash, 1, 1, Aqua Shot
5 hit combo, 23% damage: 3, 3, Lightning, Super Kick, Uppercut
5 hit combo, 24% damage: 1, 2, Lightning, Enhanced Super Kick, Uppercut
5 hit combo, 25% damage: 4, 3, Lightning, Super Kick, Aqua Shot
6 hit combo, 21% damage: 1, 2, F+4, Dash, 3, 3, 4
6 hit combo, 23% damage: B+2, 1+2, Enhanced Lighting, Dash, B+3
6 hit combo, 23% damage: B+2, 1+2, Lightning, Bubble, 4, Geyser Kick
6 hit combo, 24% damage: 1, 2, F+4, Dash, 1, 1, Aqua Shot
6 hit combo, 26% damage: 4, 3, Bubble, Enhanced Geyser Kick
6 hit combo, 39% damage: B+2, 1+2, X-Ray, Geyser Kick
6 hit combo, 40% damage: 3, 3, X-Ray, Geyser Kick

7 hit combo, 19% damage: B+2, 1+2, Lighting, 1, 2, F+4
7 hit combo, 23% damage: B+2, 1+2, Lighting, Bubble, 4, 3, B+4
7 hit combo, 24% damage: B+2, 1+2, Dash, 4, 3, Bubble, 2, 4
7 hit combo; 25% damage: B+2, 1+2, Enhanced Lightning, Dash, Super Kick, Aqua Shot
7 hit combo, 27% damage: 1, 2, F+4, Dash, 1, 1, Lightning, Uppercut or Geyser Kick
7 hit combo, 31% damage: 4, 3, Enhanced Lightning, Super Kick, Uppercut
7 hit combo, 38% damage: 3, 3, Lightning, X-Ray, Geyser Kick
8 hit combo, 27% damage: 4, 3, Lightning, 1, 1, Enhanced Lightning
8 hit combo, 28% damage: 1, 2, F+4, Dash, 1, 1, Lightning, Super Kick, Super Kick
8 hit combo, 29% damage: 3, 3, Enhanced Lightning, 4, 3, Geyser Kick
8 hit combo, 30% damage: 4, 3, Enhanced Lightning, 1, 1, Aqua Shot
8 hit combo, 31% damage: 1, 2, F+4, Dash, 4, 2, Lightning, Dash. Super Kick, Uppercut
9 hit combo, 30% damage: 1, 2, F+4, Dash, 1, 1, Lightning, 4, 3, B+4
9 hit combo, 30% damage: 1, 2, F+4, Dash, 4, 3, Enhanced Lightning, short Dash Uppercut
10hit combo, 31% damage: 1, 2, F+4, Dash, 1, 1, Enhanced Lightning, Super Kick, Super Kick
10hit combo, 42% damage: 1, 2, F+4, Dash, 1, 1, Lightning, X-Ray, Geyser Kick
10hit combo, 45% damage: 4, 3, Bubble, 1, 1, Lightning, X-Ray, Geyser Kick

I was just fooling around in the arcade ladder and Rain managed to pull off a 15-hit combo in me (47% damage). It was painful and beautiful to watch.

Just a quick video i put together. They my mains so i started up tag combos. LOTS more work to do ^___^

*note* please disregard the "victory dances" its an inside joke for a mate lol

12 hit combo, 50% damage: Jump in punch, 4, 3, Lightning, tap forward once (do not dash) 1, 1, X-Ray, 1, 1, Geyser Kick.

This combo was probably posted, but whatever

JP, 4, 3, Lightning, Dash, Uppercut, 4, 3, bubble, 4, 3, spray (45%)

yeah the threat of it is what gives you pressure because eating one of those?

40%+

Yeah, it's pretty effective. EX RH cancels give you MASSIVE advantage as well. Just so you get the jist of it, if you're normal or (most likely a 4 or a 4,3 string) hits you can link another 43 with a EX RH cancel and it will combo (feels like a 1 frame link though)

@C-Sword

I like to use 43xbubble - d2 -dash- 4,3 lightning - roundhouse- 4xx water spray.

Does a bit more damage but more importantly you can switch the bubble to an ex bubble to drain meter and prevent the opponent from breaking.

Holy shit! Linking in MK? :D

So badass, I'm going to mess around with Mileena and see if she any.

Yes, it puts you in an oki situation. You can condition your opponent to not use wakeups by throwing out EX RH when they are down. EX RH will beat like 95% of wakeups. Once they are respecting you, you can d4 and cancel that into the RH cancel mixup.

But that being said, your best pressure option is ending your combo with a bubble and putting in JiP range, so you get a free Jip.

Yes, it puts you in an oki situation. You can condition your opponent to not use wakeups by throwing out EX RH when they are down. EX RH will beat like 95% of wakeups. Once they are respecting you, you can d4 and cancel that into the RH cancel mixup.

But that being said, your best pressure option is ending your combo with a bubble and putting in JiP range, so you get a free Jip.

Mind giving me a combo that would allow me to end with the bubble reset?

Eh, you have to sacrifice a bit of damage so off a 43 do lightning, uppercut, 43 bubble (put them at JiP range) That is like 35% off a JiP and 32% raw + 6% guaranteed chip damage + pressure. I would use it when you have meter for EX RH pressure thats near inescapable.

Off other combo starters
12 f4, 43, RH, 43, LIghtning, Water Bubble.
b2, 1+2, 43, RH, 43, Lightning, Water Bubble
b2, EX RH cancel, 43 lightning, uppercut, 43 Water Bubble