Rain Thread - "I am the Prince of Edenia"

Combo I like to use is:

1, 2, f+4, dash, 1, 2, f+4, dash, 4, 3, bubble, 4,.3,.lightning, super roundhouse, geyser/b+3 38%

I also like 1, 2, f+4, dash, 2, 4, lightning, and then freestyling from there.

Edit
Playing around with the roundhouse and cane up with this meter combo

37% 10 hits
4, superkick, 4, 3, bubble, 4, 3, lightning, 4, ex water blast.

If you use an ex super kick it does 41%, if you use ex super kick and lightning it does 43%

Last edited:
I don't know if I'm the only one to think this, but Rain needs some low combo starters. It's ridiculous that he can't combo after b+1 and that his 3,3,4 starts off with him kicking their leg, yet that leg kick counts as a High Hit.

People will block me High all day until I start doing b+2, 3 repetively. I hate that starting a combo is such a challenge for Rain. Plus, Rain can combo out of Uppercuts breaking 83% combos. That's plain ridiculous.

I think to balance him out a bit, they could take out those broken combos, give Rain low combo starters, and give Geyser Kick less start-up time and more recovery time. Unless, his strategy revolves around landing an Uppercut and comboing after that Uppercut to kill someone with just about 2 combos, then these are the fixes I'm suggesting.

He just came out though, and I'm sure NRS will work some kinks out. Don't take this as whining etc, I'm just pointing out a couple negatives/abnormalities that I see in Rain.

Ok so people I have been practicing and maybe Im wrong I want you tell if so.
But the best string to end a combo after an Xray or Super Kick is "4+Geyser", isnt it? or there is something im missing?

I don't know if I'm the only one to think this, but Rain needs some low combo starters. It's ridiculous that he can't combo after b+1 and that his 3,3,4 starts off with him kicking their leg, yet that leg kick counts as a High Hit.

People will block me High all day until I start doing b+2, 3 repetively. I hate that starting a combo is such a challenge for Rain. Plus, Rain can combo out of Uppercuts breaking 83% combos. That's plain ridiculous.

I think to balance him out a bit, they could take out those broken combos, give Rain low combo starters, and give Geyser Kick less start-up time and more recovery time. Unless, his strategy revolves around landing an Uppercut and comboing after that Uppercut to kill someone with just about 2 combos, then these are the fixes I'm suggesting.

He just came out though, and I'm sure NRS will work some kinks out. Don't take this as whining etc, I'm just pointing out a couple negatives/abnormalities that I see in Rain.

Hopefully they can patch and fix some stuff with him. I bet 3 being registered as a high hit is just a mistake.

Ok so people I have been practicing and maybe Im wrong I want you tell if so.
But the best string to end a combo after an Xray or Super Kick is "4+Geyser", isnt it? or there is something im missing?

I have trouble with 4+geyser after long strings after the superkick. Sometimes it works for me and most times it won't. So I just end with geyser, 4+ex piss move, or b3

meterless combos

43% -- 4,3 - Lightning - Dash - D+2 - Dash - 4,3 - Water Bubble - 4,3 - Aqua Splash

46% -- 4,3 - Water Bubble - D+2 - Dash - 4,3 - Lightning - Dash - Super Kick - 4 - Geyser Kick

3 not being low is NOT a mistake. Nightwolf has the same issue that F3 looks like a low but hits high - that's mainly for balancing purposes. However, in the case of Nightwolf I do understand, since he'd be considered op if F3 was a low starter since he can do a hell of insane combo destruction with it, but in Rain... I actually don't think he's as strong as Kenshi is. I find Rain very hard to control and mainly very hard to hit a combo on using him. I just wished 1+2 was just 2. I am really having a hard time with it. It's not at all a good input. NRS should change it for Rain and Sheeva players. I'll try to train with Rain a little bit, I'm still trying to find my way with him.

Today, I played with Rain online and I was able to do over 30% meterless combos with him and I was happy, but he's still a pain in the ass to control. I dispise his 1, 1, since you cannot do a special move after it, it's blockable, but also very unsafe for Rain. However, his 1, 2 is a much better combo starter IMO

So far, I really like his 1, 2 and 3, 4. I also like his B2, B3 because it's very fast but damages too little.

For people who was askinf, enhanced water bubble's function is meter draining, it drains almost one whole bar.

meterless combos

43% -- 4,3 - Lightning - Dash - D+2 - Dash - 4,3 - Water Bubble - 4,3 - Aqua Splash

46% -- 4,3 - Water Bubble - D+2 - Dash - 4,3 - Lightning - Dash - Super Kick - 4 - Geyser Kick

The problem with those combos are:

*They are insanely difficult
*Im sure they are going to patch this

So I dont think people should get used to use them because its a glitch and is a safe bet that NRS will patch it soon.

PS- Thanks for the info, i added them to the post anyway =)

Yeah, on top of all this in the middle of combos I can't get enhanced moves to work most the time. Maybe its user error, but I have the problem with no one else. Also the damn recovery time on his moves is way too long. He's not that powerful or quick. ALso weak combos. I think they need to work on the recovery time more than anything.

Combo I like to use is:

1, 2, f+4, dash, 1, 2, f+4, dash, 4, 3, bubble, 4,.3,.lightning, super roundhouse, geyser/b+3 38%

I also like 1, 2, f+4, dash, 2, 4, lightning, and then freestyling from there.

Edit
Playing around with the roundhouse and cane up with this meter combo

37% 10 hits
4, superkick, 4, 3, bubble, 4, 3, lightning, 4, ex water blast.

If you use an ex super kick it does 41%, if you use ex super kick and lightning it does 43%

Editing this combo

4, superkick, 4, 3, bubble, 4, 3, lightning, 4, 3 ex water blast. 39%

Got one more

41%
1, 2, f4, dash, 1, 1, superkick, 3,4, bubble, 3, 4, lightning, 4+geyser.

Last edited:
No, it's EASY! It's easier than to to hit 2.
Thanks Fox, without you I just couldn't figured it out myself :)

If they made 3 low, it would be WAY too fast for a low starter. I use that as a blockstring and it being high is a blessing imo.

3,3 xx bd4 dash cancel grab

gets em everytime with that grab. They are always expecting a combo and it is fast enough that people don't generally let go of block in time to hit me out of it

And what is this 80% combo nonsense?
Rain is ANYTHING but OP or Broken

No, it's EASY! It's easier than to to hit 2.
Thanks Fox, without you I just couldn't figured it out myself :)

It's still wrong. The guy is just trolling you. Why are you worried about what he says, basically saying to do press the wrong buttons or you suck. Anyway, the only reason its easier is because you had 1+2 in your head already. Don't explain yourself to people when they make no sense.

It's a lot easier to hit one less button. Basically with the combo being wrong, he had no right to say, "how hard is it to hit". It's not hard to hit, but why question somebody when it's wrong. "makes no sense at all"~A. 3000

When your playing and you're not that good, for some people one button is hard to hit. He just gets his self-esteem online. LOL, you suck, you can't press an extra button, you're slow, you're a newb, laugh at people online...hahahahaha..etc. Sad man.

On top of that he said, "the combos are extremely difficult". Then he called you out just 'cause he posted some videos. Buddy, just trying to tell you not to explain yourself to people online.

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me what buttons on the xbox correspond with the whole

1,2,3,4 thing

i forgot :sad:

edit - nevermind, like a dummy i didn't read the 1st page...