Official Basketball Thread

Last I checked, 92 is bigger than 88. Duncan still won the game. Now sit down, shut up, and accept the fact that the final score supercedes individual performances.

Last I checked, 92 is bigger than 88. Duncan still won the game. Now sit down, shut up, and accept the fact that the final score supercedes individual performances.

"Durrr Durrr 92 iz higher dan 88", no shit Sherlock.

There's no need to continue this because you've proven yourself to be a babbling idiot incapable of having a civilized discussion.

Heat fans are quickly moving up the charts of the most annoying fanbase. Anyone who isn't drinking the Kool-Aid is automatically a "hater", and gets dismissed. At least Yankee fans earned it since their team's won a million championships, but FFS the Heat have only two.

Also, I'm not counting our own lovely Commander in that group (but boy, does he retweet a lot of those folks on Twitter *dodges thrown LeBron action figures*)

A lot of the people who are against the Heat or "not drinking the Kool-Aid," as you like to say, come up with dumb-shit excuses for why the Heat are still a bad team, regardless of them earning their spot in the Finals and 27 STRAIGHT WINS this season.
Also, it's not an annoying fan-base when people get sick and tired of Lakers, Knicks, Celtics, Bulls and Pacers fans who are sore losers and start bad-mouthing the Heat with nothing else than, "Oh, the NBA wants them to win, so they threw all the Heat games in the season for them to win."
I'm sorry, but at that point, you start to sound like a goddamned conspiracy theorist, especially since ALL of these fools have no concrete data to base that criticism on.
I get that some people don't like the team, but when you can't even give credit where credit is due, for being where they are at in the Finals, then you're nothing more than a hater.

I HATE the Jets, Bills, Patriots, Knicks, Bulls, Celtics, Lakers and Yankees teams (which in all honesty have a fan base that is 100X worse than the Heat), but you will never see me NOT giving credit where credit is due when any of those mentioned teams do good.
I'm man enough to acknowledge when those teams to good and give them credit, no matter how much I hate them.
THAT is the difference between being a fan from another team and a hater.
Regardless that I hate those teams, I don't come up with bullshit conspiracy theories as to why any of those teams go to the playoffs or championships.

Of course I'm going to retweet them.
They're Heat fans that are Happy to see their team in the Finals.

Do not even DARE to put me in the same boat with the fake f***ing retards (like that stupid lady who gave the finger to Joakim Noah) who joined "Team Heat" after LBJ and Bosh joined the team, if that's what you're implying.
I've been a die-hard Heat fan since 1988 (When they first became a team), and I go to 25+ games every year, when the ticket prices allow me, regardless of whether the team is good or shitty that year.
I always go to Heat games regardless of win status, so I don't know what you're getting at.

The few times I've talked with Arakynd on PSN he's seemed like the second most reasonable Miami fan I've talked to, aside from my brother, who's been a Miami fan for years.

Thank you.

Hmm...local media here brought up the fact that the Spurs have never trailed a Finals series. Never even thought about that...

Well, we did our job in Miami, which was to get a split and steal home court advantage.

"Durrr Durrr 92 iz higher dan 88", no shit Sherlock.

There's no need to continue this because you've proven yourself to be a babbling idiot incapable of having a civilized discussion.

Apparently, you are devoid of common sense. Shouldn't common sense tell you that the difference between a good game and a bad game is whether the team wins or loses? As far as I'm concerned, Known_Hero is a bot, and from here on out, I will treat him as such!

Last edited:
Danny Green (UNC baby!) and Gary Neal put up buckets this game, and the team as a whole as well ; did you guys see how dejected Miami looked afterwards? That's the most depressed I've ever seen them, though that's understandable after get drubbed by over 30.

Miami definitely gotta step up their defense next game; if they play like this everytime LBJ has a bad game, then they're in big trouble. Heck, Wade and Miller had a decent game scoring wise, which is a good sign, but the rest of the team didn't do much to help.

Danny Green (UNC baby!) and Gary Neal put up buckets this game, and the team as a whole as well ; did you guys see how dejected Miami looked afterwards? That's the most depressed I've ever seen them, though that's understandable after get drubbed by over 30.

Miami definitely gotta step up their defense next game; if they play like this everytime LBJ has a bad game, then they're in big trouble. Heck, Wade and Miller had a decent game scoring wise, which is a good sign, but the rest of the team didn't do much to help.

I can tell you why LeBron was struggling...it's because of a man by the name of Kawhi Leonard. And the more I see of him, the more I believe he's the second coming of Bruce Bowen, and that's saying a lot in my neck of the woods.

I tried to make it clear I wasn't including Araknyd in my complaint about Heat fans, sorry for the internet fail on my part. I know you've been down since day one, but honestly you know there's tons of people out there who never bought their first Heat jersey until after LeBron joined them (after they already won a title mind you).

I still have faith that the Heat can win it at home.
GO HEAT GO!!!

You and your heat are going DOWN! Now, if you'd like to purchase a plane ticket to San Antonio to watch the Championship parade on the Riverwalk, you are more than welcome to do so at your own expense...

Oh...and the Spurs have never trailed a Finals series, just so you are aware...

You must have absolutely went wild with that win, lol

Game 7, I hate game 7s.....always messes with the heart, and it's more depressing to lose when you are THAT close.

Game 7, I hate game 7s.....always messes with the heart, and it's more depressing to lose when you are THAT close.

One thing I hate about Game 7s is being a fan of the team that lost Game 6, especially in Overtime. You know you were so close to that trophy, yet with one loss, you feel like you've lost momentum. Although I do have faith in knowing that the last time my team was in a Game 7 of the Finals, it was against the defending champs, and we were the ones that came out on top. Jade, if you could do me a favor...as a Spurs fan, I would like to wager my TRMK posting privileges for a full week on this game. If my Spurs LOSE tomorrow night, I wish to be banned from TRMK for a full week, effective when the game goes final.

I did go wild.
I was screaming at my TV, down to the very last nail-biting second of that overtime.
Good lord, my ass had a tight grip on that couch.
If the Heat can play in game 7 like they did in 4th Quarter and Overtime, they can win it, which is what I'm hoping for.

I agree.
Game 7s are the worst because it does play with the heart.
Regardless of whether they win or lose tonight, though, I will continue to be a die-hard Heat fan, as I have been since 1988 (when the team first came into existence) and will be proud of them for playing their hearts out to get this far.
Win or lose, LET'S GO HEAT!!!!!

Well, losing the Finals had to happen some time...although I still have a bad taste in my mouth over Game 6.

And mods, I believe I made a bet here. I wagered my TRMK posting privileges on Game 7...since my Spurs lost, I believe my bet was to be banned from TRMK for 7 days. I logged in to see if I had been banned yet. Now unless TRMK policy explicitly forbids banning as a result of losing a bet, would the next mod to read this message please do the honors of honoring my wager here? Thank you.

1011770_353595881410520_787453932_n.jpg

Heat favorites to win 2014 NBA title: http://nba.si.com/2013/06/21/miami-heat-2014-nba-title-favorite/?sct=uk_t2_a3

Heat looking to add Greg Oden: http://tracking.si.com/2013/06/21/greg-oden-heat-appear-to-have-mutual-interest/?sct=uk_t2_a8

I've been saying all season we need a center, and the games we've struggled in have been because we don't have size to guard the paint. Odem would add the size and defense we need, and we could really use him in the playoffs. He would give us an edge in the playoffs and make the teams we struggled against this season have to readjust themselves so if he stayed healthy, we would be a different team. I just hope he would be able to stay healthy.

With him, we would have a greater shot of threepeating. So I hope they work something out with him and sign him.