Official Baseball Thread

Re: MLB Thread

I'm not really up on all of the current 3B's, so I won't be able to give a great answer.

But, Scott Rolen is the best in a generation and he's still playing, so I'll go Scott Rolen.

I agree with you, Rolen to me is still the best defensive 3B in the league; Evan Longoria would probably be my pick for second best 3B.

Hmm, the Yankees made no trades, interesting....
Ubaldo to Indians, good trade for the Rockies, but the Indians probably gave too much for him.
The Rangers though, wow, their bullpen is gonna be sick; add that on their offense and they're even more of a formidable team.

Maybe its just me, but if I was a GM, I'd be a bit more hesitant to trade young talent, especially our top prospects. I know it usually depends on situations (a GM who may be on his last yr needing to make a case for an extension for example); don't get me wrong, if I'm trading for a top-tier player, then I know I'll have to give up some top-tier prospects.

Well it's official. My Astros are now a minor league team in disguise.

My Pirates were in that boat for quite a few years. I'm hoping the trades we made at the deadline will help us out a lot. Derrek Lee hit two homers in his debut tonight but we still lost. It's okay though, still a couple months of baseball left to play.

why is this thread dead in the middle of the postseason?

you guys think the Rangers will close it out tonight or will the Tigers live to fight another day?

Rangers failed pretty hard just now. They were doing so good at first, but kinda just gave up.

they pretty much deserve their loss. Shame too, cause I was rooting for them. So close to being the word series champions.

The pitching was terrible, but it was still a great Series. I really dislike the Cards but I was cheering for them; had to stick with the National League.

The Texases really blew it, though. I think the loss in game 6 really took it out of them. It's a shame, I really feel for their fans.

Albert Pujols' new uniform will look like this...

111878.jpg

Last edited:
Good, now let's get Bernie Williams and George Steinbrenner in Cooperstown!

This just in from ESPN; Albert Pujols has signed with the Angels.

Well, at least part of my Pujols prediction was correct (that he was going to the AL).

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't paid attention to the series at all but I always root for the national league unless they're the Diamondbacks.

I don't care how far Pujols goes into the post-season from here on out...only as long as he helps the AL win the All-Star Game every year so that the AL gets HFA in the WS (preferably the Yankees, though)! I hate the NL! The only time I ever root for that league is if Boston is playing against them!

I've got some bad news for you Beermakers fans. Ryan Braun, who was recently named 2011 NL MVP, has tested positive for PEDs. Major League Baseball's anti-PED policy is a "three strikes and you're out" policy; a first offense results in a 50-game suspension (such is the case for Braun), a second offense results in a 100-game suspension, and a third offense results in placement on MLB's Permanently Ineligible List (the same list that includes the likes of Pete Rose and the 1919 "Black Sox").

Last edited:
Barry Bonds has been sentenced to 30 days of house arrest and 2 years probation on a conviction of one count of Obstruction of Justice. The jury did not reach a verdict on any other counts.

If you ask me, the Federal Government wasted time and money trying to make an example out of Barry Bonds on perjury charges, and what happened was Prosecutors kept dropping charges until they were narrowed down to 4, and the damn jury hung on 3 of them, and that one conviction on the Obstruction of Justice count resulted in no jail time at all, All this despite a 95% conviction rate in the Federal Court system! Plus, the Feds knew that Greg Anderson, Bonds' former trainer and the case's "star witness", was still refusing to testify. Once Anderson made it official, the case should've been dropped then and there, because they knew damn well they weren't going to get the perjury conviction they wanted.

Last edited: