Official Anime Discussion

That's...
Now I really can't explain it. Like its not different but its not the same.

I don't know I guess the shows don't appeal to me is all

BLASPHEMY! I've only seen a few anime's so I don't really know if I'm qualified enough to talk as an anime fan but Hellsing Ultimate IMO is amazing. The characters are really likable and diverse getting developed very well through the episodes, the series is paced well you're unlikely to find yourself bored but it's NOT constant non-stop mindless violence, you'll find yourself wanting to find out what happens next. There is gore and violence but it's actually not THAT excessive to the point where it's the gimmick of the series, a typical episode consists of about 25 - 30 minutes of dialogue/story development with around 15 - 20 minutes of EPIC fight scenes. The animation and voice acting is top notch as well and the comic relief actually being quite funny. The storyline is a bit over the top but hey you are watching an anime about a 600 year old Vampire vampire hunter (that was intended, he's vampire who hunts vampires). Oh and also the dialogue is actually really well written, you'll definitely walk away from it remembering a few quotes. I seriously recommend you guys watch the first 2 episodes, I'm almost certain you'll be hooked to watch the rest. I accidentally came across the show after I watched the Abridged version by TFS on YouTube never expected to like it so much, Hellsing got me back into anime. (The last anime I watched before that was DBz, Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh when I was like 10).

PS - Watch Hellsing Ultimate NOT Hellsing, the latter is a completely different older series that doesn't follow the manga and is inferior in EVERY way.

Last edited:
Nah... Gantz is overhyped IMO.

I watched the first season. I couldn't keep going.

I mean it's like "What's the point of all the character development, and then just kill off the character?"

I mean this happens very often lol. I mean I understand the impact of making someone care about a character then killling them off. But you get desensitized when you do it to every introduced character.

I mean that's the thing about the survival game aspect to it man.

Personally the manga is years ahead of the anime

I mean that's the thing about the survival game aspect to it man.

Personally the manga is years ahead of the anime

A death in a story should be very meaningful and impactful.

They do it too often and too quickly. that I never feel anything for the characters.

That may be the point.
Honestly when the tough guys come on through the ball and die cause they get too full of themselves don't you think

31276686.jpg

But say it be a character that's stuck with them for a couple of chapters you'll feel for them at some point
Like the old man :(

That's...
Now I really can't explain it. Like its not different but its not the same.

I don't know I guess the shows don't appeal to me is all
Difference is MK9's violence is cartoonish/over-the-top so it's easier to stomach

You're probably concerned that the violence in that particular anime is a little more disturbing/graphic because anime tends to go outside the box with graphics scenes (especially if the animation is super-realistic and detailed)

That's probably how you meant to explain it, hahaha

Difference is MK9's violence is cartoonish/over-the-top so it's easier to stomach

You're probably concerned that the violence in that particular anime is a little more disturbing/graphic because anime tends to go outside the box with graphics scenes (especially if the animation is super-realistic and detailed)

That's probably how you meant to explain it, hahaha

you mean like in Bakemonogatari,

where the monkey paw, rips the intestines out of the main character and swings him around the room by his intestines?

I asked about Gungrave in here a couple months ago, I might still check it out sometime

you mean like in Bakemonogatari,

where the monkey paw, rips the intestines out of the main character and swings him around the room by his intestines?
Uhhh... I guess so? I don't know what to say lol

I remember watching like 3 episodes like 10 years ago lol.

Tis any good? I'm assuming you didn't really like it since you only got through 3 Ep's haha

@Metal_Overlord (didn't know how to multi-quote when I posted this :gr_jest:)

Yeah I think I might watch that next, I'm just having difficulties getting myself away from Third Age: Total war to do anything else in my free time atm...

tell me is that anime currently match your sig/avatar?

If it does I saw the first couple of that. And I didn't like it enough to continue lol

Tis any good? I'm assuming you didn't really like it since you only got through 3 Ep's haha

@Metal_Overlord (didn't know how to multi-quote when I posted this :gr_jest:)

Yeah I think I might watch that next, I'm just having difficulties getting myself away from Third Age: Total war to do anything else in my free time atm...

Well I may not have found it interesting enough to keep watching. But I think alot of people liked it. So there is some chance you'll enjoy it too.

I personally don't remember getting excited when I watched it.