New classic skins revealed: MK3 Cyber Sub-Zero/UMK3 Sub-Zero unmasked

20jvv6.jpg

Lol, I find it that Cyber-Smoke fans got cheated.

Classic UMK3 sucks IMO there was no need to unmask him, they ruined a perfect costume

he was always stupid looking, even back in mk3, but thats not the point.They still need to have him in here becuse he it was a classic costume. Dumb or not, unmasked still deserves to be in the game.
My only concern is his face looks like PS2 graphics. But what do you expect, its free.

Im sorry but you all are completly wrong about this. The RETRO costumes have NOTHING to do with the MK storyline. If they did, then in MK9 Story mode, Cyrax would have his MK3 costume, Sektor would have his MK3 costume, all the ninjas would look alike with their MK3 costumes...

the point of the RETRO costumes is to pay homage to MK1-3. It has nothing to do with the storyline or with the timeline (old or new) of the MK Universe, they are gimmicks (or easter eggs, so to speak) for those of us who have played the original games.

so no, it doesnt make sense to give CSZ a retro costume when he in fact did not exist in '95 when the game came out. i realize "timeline-wise" CSZ would have had the kind of costume, but like i said, if they were really that detailed about the background of the klassic costumes, then CSZ would have already had that klassic skin when he was introduced in the story of MK9.

should have been a Cyber-Smoke costume...

I didn't say it had anything to do with the story I said the "timeline". They put CSZ in the retro MK3 cyborg kostume yes as an homage but also as a way to view the new timeline in the style of MK3 like a marvel...what if? Comic. what if it was sub-zero becoming a cyborg back then. Its not a hard concept to understand. But people try to look back at the first three games and use them as the gospel for what is essentially a new universe. And even though they are paying homage to the classics. Nothing in the future of this rebooted universe will be dictated by anything that happened in the series previously.

20jvv6.jpg

Lol, I find it that Cyber-Smoke fans got cheated.

I dont even want anything Robo Smoke in this game

He should represent the old games and how they were better than MK9, kinda like how Mewtwo was Replaced by Lucario in Brawl. But we all know Melee and the MK 1,2,3 are better anyway. So thats why I say he should stay the retro badass character

I didn't say it had anything to do with the story I said the "timeline". They put CSZ in the retro MK3 cyborg kostume yes as an homage but also as a way to view the new timeline in the style of MK3 like a marvel...what if? Comic. what if it was sub-zero becoming a cyborg back then. Its not a hard concept to understand. But people try to look back at the first three games and use them as the gospel for what is essentially a new universe. And even though they are paying homage to the classics. Nothing in the future of this rebooted universe will be dictated by anything that happened in the series previously.

i edited my post to try and explain it a little better. the storyline and timeline are essentially one in the same.

my whole point is that the Klassics dont have anything to do with the MK timeline. they have to do with OUR timeline (literally, the time that we, the people on this forum, are living in) and letting us play as the characters that we played with back in '95

but there was in 1995, which is the point of these klassic skins, to give us the costumes that we knew and loved when we played the game back then.

gotta agree, I couldnt give 2 shits about the story, classic costumes are for fans of the old games. Not for the newly made story in mk9

but I dont even want him Robo Smoke as a costume anyway, and we already know he's not gonna be a character, So I just like him staying as the left out character in the old games.

gotta agree, I couldnt give 2 shits about the story, classic costumes are for fans of the old games. Not for the newly made story in mk9

but I dont even want him Robo Smoke as a costume anyway, and we already know he's not gonna be a character, So I just like him staying as the left out character in the old games.

ehh im kind of hoping that there's some slim chance that NRS will do another batch of DLC characters, and that Cyber-Smoke will be one of them with a new updated costume but with a similar set of moves like in the old games (kind of like what they did with Rain)... probably just wishful thinking though

my whole point is that the Klassics dont have anything to do with the MK timeline. they have to do with OUR timeline (literally, the time that we, the people on this forum, are living in) and letting us play as the characters that we played with back in '95

like this post even more

which is why I think retro Cyber sub was a dumb idea, poor jax/sonya.......

i'd hate to not be a Sub-Zero fan now.. his Christian Bale look, looks cool not that many Cyber Sub-Zero's out there, maybe now people will pick him

Both costumes look badass. Kinda funny how, while we spent the last week thinking about what character would be paired with Subby in the last skni pack, no one considered pairing him with his cybernetic version...

I did! page 15, comment #292.

Last edited:
It is true that CSZ needed second outfit. This one is not bad. It is Hydro, that is obvious.
I am no fan of CSZ, I loved CSM.
There is reason for Smokers to be afraid because blue cyborg is now "taken".
I actually wouldnt mind much, if it would be Nano Smoke design.

I am also affraid of difficulities considering Rain, Skarlet and Kenshi alternates. To make money by selling costumes for sellable warriors? Or make these free? It would be actually only for the buyers of warriors. This make it suck for casuals and therefore not good for NRS.

It is true that CSZ needed second outfit. This one is not bad. It is Hydro, that is obvious.

I am also affraid of difficulities considering Rain, Skarlet and Kenshi alternates. To make money by selling costumes for sellable warriors? Or make these free? It would be actually only for the buyers of warriors. This make it suck for casuals and therefore not good for NRS.

nano-smoke wouldnt be bad. as far as the retro csz being blue, i think they would just make a cyber-smoke gray. im hoping they give him a new look though... like so

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=cybe...tart=0&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0&tx=47&ty=63

why is every one so mad they are free and smoke will never have an cyber alt because that would be more of a new dlc character and wouldn't be given out for free.

and how did the c-smoke fans get cheated when it was never even hinted at being a alt costume?

Just so I can get this in now...

As far as I can tell, CSZ isn't Hydro... He's LKSZ that was in the mugens. LKSZ I assume stands for Lin Kuei Sub-Zero, though the redundancy is duly noted. LKSZ actually had freeze moves, and was more like SZ. Hydro is all water, more like rain. Also I'm pretty sure he was in some comics as a separate character.

he was always stupid looking, even back in mk3, but thats not the point.They still need to have him in here becuse he it was a classic costume. Dumb or not, unmasked still deserves to be in the game.
My only concern is his face looks like PS2 graphics. But what do you expect, its free.

Yeah, unmasked SZ is IMO one of the dumbest thing ever happened in the series along with zombie Liu Kang (character wise), but if they wanted to realese unmasked SZ, why not his stupid MK3 costume? why did they have to ruin the UMK3 costume too? which is perfect with mask and hood...

Really? I love the look of the MK2 ninjas that's my favorite MK.
But I think the UMK3 ninjas look way cooler. Especially Scorpion.
And I like the UMK3 sub unmasked but I was hoping for his original MK3 look.

I said it sucks because they unmasked him, the costume is indeed perfect but they ruined it.

Honestly if you are going to be whining that there is "Retro" CSZ for the reasons of it not being in the original timeline and all, stop using the word RETRO. One can be in the future but still wear retro clothes such as in the case of CSZ's retro costume.