Kung Lao = BROKEN

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know the game was supposed to be balanced around your playstyle only.

You furious right now brah? A little BH?

It's my opinion, Boon said it himself, fast paced offensive MK... You shouldn't have to just turtle on certain characters...

It's my opinion, Boon said it himself, fast paced offensive MK... You shouldn't have to just turtle on certain characters...

Maybe you should just learn to counter his moves instead of sitting in a corner blocking. It really isn't hard. Kung Lao is so predictable.

Also: there ARE COMBO BREAKERS.

I'm starting to see a pattern here, a few days ago it was Scorpion and his teleport, then Noob and his teleport and now Kung Lao and his spin. I think a lot of people fell into the trap that MK was going to be super easy to master. We're less than a wk into it's release and people are claiming to have "mastered" fighters and now we're seeing people crying out for character balancing because you can't go all freight train on their opponents and beat them. I guess this means NRS made a damn good game that requires strategy to master.

Fast paced doesn't mean recklessly diving head first into punishable moves.

Is it so hard to bait his wake up spin and then punish, you're not moving for less than 2 seconds? Or better yet, just block once in a while, your finger won't cramp, honest!

Kung Lao is broken end of story especially his spin and that teleport throw.....so annoying......

Also: there ARE COMBO BREAKERS.

This is what will seperate the good players from the poor ones. You see someone spamming Xrays all the time and wasting their bar instead of using enhanced moves and breakers you know they haven't taken the time to really learn the game. I can see the odd xray thrown into a combo chain or if you are about to die, but I'm sure there are people who pop it the moment their bar is full.

Keep it up, you make yourself sound sillier with every post.

Keep it up, you make yourself sound sillier with every post.

Easy there, gents. No need for a flame war.

Now, as a response to this debate: The game will still be a fast paced, primarily offensive game even if you have to go defensive every so often. I mean, you can't honestly say that when you play against KL all you can do is crouch block and then uppercut after his teleport, can you?

It can't be a rushdown for heavy damage match both ways all the time. Sure you may have to crouch block to be safe against kung lao in some situations. I can't think of a match i've played yet where I didn't hang back and wait for a read on their moves, only so i can counter with my arsenal of heavy hitting combos.

Yes, Kung lao is a strong character (right now). Sometimes you just gotta weather the storm and wait your turn to make some thunder.

I see the banning hammer coming down in the near future if this flame war keeps up. Lets learn to be civil guys, its possible to argue opposing points of view without being abrasive.

I think a skilled Smoke player has positive chances to nullify great part of an agressive long combo try from an expert Kung Lao player, if this Smoke player can keep counter-attack pressure with speed, all the time. The special moves set Smoke has, can save him from majority of attack situations he encounters in an agressive offensive player who insists to attack all the time, trying to have the upper hand.

Lol so you guys think you won't end up on a wall at least once a match?

I don't think anyone is trying to say that. There IS always the argument that it's impossible for everyone to avoid the walls at all times, and I (and just about everyone else) acknowledge that. The argument here is that Kung Lao has not shown any extreme advantages over any character, and he most certainly cannot guarantee these crazy combos with his opponent against the wall. Now the other side of the argument was that kung lao is TOO good, and apparently any character that makes you change your playstyle is overpowered.

Lol so you guys think you won't end up on a wall at least once a match?

There are WAAAAAAY more factors to this than just being in the corner. yautjared made a great post explaining this, so I don't see the point in repeating it.

how is he broken? he plays just fine

ive played with him in instances while not knowing his moveset. not the kind of character that flows off the fingers. his special moves arent of as basic command as you'd think either. either way, he whips my ass all the time when i face him in single player. the moves he has, in the right hands, could be unfair in more ways i can imagine.

Yall just mad cause he's stylin.

But seriously, there are ways around it.
You just have to find it.
I think it might a little too early to call a characters moves broken.

When SSBB first came out Peach's Down attack in the air was considered really broken.
Until Smash Directional Influence was figured out.

This is what will seperate the good players from the poor ones. You see someone spamming Xrays all the time and wasting their bar instead of using enhanced moves and breakers you know they haven't taken the time to really learn the game. I can see the odd xray thrown into a combo chain or if you are about to die, but I'm sure there are people who pop it the moment their bar is full.

Bingo! People who cry "broken" too early, etc. are usually called "scrubs" in the Street Fighter scene...

My cousins came over and it was them 2 vs Me in a tag-team match, one of them chose Liu Kang and the other Kung Lao just for kicks with the story and I chose some baddies like Baraka and Reptile.

I went easy on them and kicked Liu Kang's ass but then my cousin who just came over who was using Kung Lao got some quick combo's in with the spin and tele-port grabs, of course "I just countered instead of complained" but he picked up the character so fast and then I started trying.

So I agree on him being easy to pick up but I don't agree with him being overpowered at all.