Jade Thread - "Good Boy!"

I haven't been playing a lot of MK lately, but the latest DLC costume for Jade makes me want to start picking up this game again (big MK2 fan here lol).
I think double shadow kick is still useful, she has decent corner traps, and shadow kick can lead to better damage once she has them in the corner.

It's good to see more people coming up with EX boomerang stuff, I really think it's a huge part of her offense rather than doing highs and lows.

ive recently picked up jade and was browsing this thread, ive notice i didnt see a combo for her only low string so i went into training and this what i came up with (notice: i didnt read all 10 pages so i apologize if this is already posted)

***enhanced staff overhead is the only way to do this combo***

3,4, ex staff overhead, dash, b+2, dash, 4 , df 2 - 7 hits 31% (not including jump in)

if you are quick with the fingers you can do this ( this is not practical for online play as it require zero lag)

3,4, ex staff overhead, dash, b+2, dash, 1,2, dash, 4 , df2 - 9 hits 33% (not including jump in)

although it burns a bar of meter its a great way to mix things up and keep you enemy guessing, since almost everything jade has is blocked high they will be caught off guard

I find Jade got hit a bit too much with the damage nerf stick, you have to pull off some pretty long strings to get good damage, unlike Kitana who has easy strings and much higher damage.

Aw well, found a very strong corner combo with Jade.

Jp, 3,4,1..3,4,Xray. Does 54% damage

I'll most likely give up on little gimped Jade and move over to Kitana. After countless hours of losing, trying, losing more, trying more, I've discerned the following:

1. Projectiles are next to useless because they are too slow.
2. Glow duration is too short and is easily tricked by the opponent.
3. Shadow kick is the only move with an advantage,
4. all her other moves are like "Yeah, but she has THIS too so let's make THAT one weaker. But she also has THAT one so let's make THIS one weaker as well.)
I mean, her moves are overcompensating the existence of one another and thus they are all sh*t
5. She has no combo that "hits first". By hits first I mean if we're standing at a distance and we hit the button the exact same moment, or even if I hit mine first, you will always hit me and interrupt my move.
6. Her moves (including combos) are easy to evade and very easy to counter.

All in all, I don't think they were thinking when they built this character. She's pretty useless.

I'll most likely give up on little gimped Jade and move over to Kitana. After countless hours of losing, trying, losing more, trying more, I've discerned the following:

1. Projectiles are next to useless because they are too slow.
2. Glow duration is too short and is easily tricked by the opponent.
3. Shadow kick is the only move with an advantage,
4. all her other moves are like "Yeah, but she has THIS too so let's make THAT one weaker. But she also has THAT one so let's make THIS one weaker as well.)
I mean, her moves are overcompensating the existence of one another and thus they are all sh*t
5. She has no combo that "hits first". By hits first I mean if we're standing at a distance and we hit the button the exact same moment, or even if I hit mine first, you will always hit me and interrupt my move.
6. Her moves (including combos) are easy to evade and very easy to counter.

All in all, I don't think they were thinking when they built this character. She's pretty useless.
This post is really just fail. You either don't know how to use her, or you just aren't very good at the game in general... And IMO, I think Kitana's combos and playstyle have a much greater learning curve than Jade... Not to mention, Kitana doesn't exactly have many speedy combo starters... But I digress. Onto your points:

1. Her projectiles are invaluable. They make for awesome zoning game, as well as unexpected combo starters on the EX versions. Not to mention there is one that hits low, AA, and normal. This is great to keep opponent at bay with a mixup of them... (AA when they try to jump in closer to you, low when they keep blocking high, normal if they aren't blocking, you can catch them in a combo after it comes back)

2. The duration isn't too short, you just aren't using it at the right time. And if the opponent baits you, that doesn't make the move a bad move. YOu fell for their bait. AND, you can still block, move, and attack while you are in flash, so I don't know what your problem is... And if you are getting comboed and such, use the EX version to prevent Jade from flinching. It will allow you to start your own combos.

3. Sure the only move with advantage, but at least she has a move with advantage. She also has other moves that are safe on block

4. What the hell does this even mean?!? Like that you think the developers made some moves weaker because she had other moves? That is probably the dumbest thing to complain about... Every character has that

5. + 6. This is mostly because Jade is a character where she really shines when countering people. Also, 2 xx DB+2 is a relatively quick combo starter. And you realize that you don't always have to be pulling combos the whole match. She has a great zoning game, paired with great countering game. You don't always have to start with a cancel either. You can just start the combo with B+2 or DB+2.... So what if it sacrifices about 6% on most combos. You can still do upwards of 30% with combos without starters. And another hint of advice, don't just throw out her punishable moves. You should learn when to use each move. And yet again, Jade doesn't always have to be all up in your opponents grill like JC. She has a great zoning game that can be hard to out-zone cause she has a projectile immunity special.

If you think she is useless, you obviously don't have much advancement when it comes to playing the game. Jade is an INSANE character, one of my favorites.

This post is really just fail.
Thank you for insulting me, I will not be returning the favor.

You either don't know how to use her, or you just aren't very good at the game in general...
Both, to be honest. But all this time I've been trying to train her, ask for advice, trying to find a training partner, and all I'm told is "put more work in" while every attack I try, fails. When I counter, I get counter-countered and most of the time I could very well just put the controller down with all the unblockable crap being thrown at me by 1 button goers.

1. Her projectiles are invaluable. They make for awesome zoning game, as well as unexpected combo starters on the EX versions. Not to mention there is one that hits low, AA, and normal. This is great to keep opponent at bay with a mixup of them... (AA when they try to jump in closer to you, low when they keep blocking high, normal if they aren't blocking, you can catch them in a combo after it comes back)
For first, I get teleported and a broomstick up my posterior whenever I try to "zone game".
For second, that's not AA. An AA move is considered one if you can take down somebody that's jumping at you - which Jade also can't do while most other characters have a move just against that. (Nightwolf's Hatchet is the best but teleporters can just teleport out of it.)
High boomerang just curves upwards at the very end and that makes it good against non teleporters, Sonyas ragequit on me for it and that makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

2. The duration isn't too short, you just aren't using it at the right time. And if the opponent baits you, that doesn't make the move a bad move. YOu fell for their bait. AND, you can still block, move, and attack while you are in flash, so I don't know what your problem is... And if you are getting comboed and such, use the EX version to prevent Jade from flinching. It will allow you to start your own combos.
Kabal: Purple ball, ground saw. If you glow the purple ball, you get hit by ground saw. Or vice versa. If you move, he runs you down and you're gone.
But that's just one of them. Kano can throw 2 knives before you can glow once.

3. Sure the only move with advantage, but at least she has a move with advantage. She also has other moves that are safe on block
Sure there are. They are included in her blockstrings. Cage also has incredible range game and his kick is stronger than Jade's but his every move also leaves him at advantage on block. Like I said, Jade is weak.

4. What the hell does this even mean?!? Like that you think the developers made some moves weaker because she had other moves? That is probably the dumbest thing to complain about... Every character has that
It means that it's a bit overdone for Jade. They overestimated her strengths and her weaknesses cripple her too much.

5. + 6. This is mostly because Jade is a character where she really shines when countering people. Also, 2 xx DB+2 is a relatively quick combo starter. And you realize that you don't always have to be pulling combos the whole match. She has a great zoning game, paired with great countering game. You don't always have to start with a cancel either. You can just start the combo with B+2 or DB+2.... So what if it sacrifices about 6% on most combos. You can still do upwards of 30% with combos without starters. And another hint of advice, don't just throw out her punishable moves. You should learn when to use each move. And yet again, Jade doesn't always have to be all up in your opponents grill like JC. She has a great zoning game that can be hard to out-zone cause she has a projectile immunity special.
Now we're talking. That's advice, rather than calling me things for having an opinion / feeling down because I keep losing with a character I like by personality and looks.

If you think she is useless, you obviously don't have much advancement when it comes to playing the game. Jade is an INSANE character, one of my favorites.
I only have about 2k games with her so far. Can I add you so we can discuss? I need somebody that can help me out with online, so far I only managed to talk to people who aren't maining her entirely, or are offline players, or aren't interested in sharing info, or have already quit the scene because they said MK9 sucks...

Thank you for insulting me, I will not be returning the favor.

Both, to be honest. But all this time I've been trying to train her, ask for advice, trying to find a training partner, and all I'm told is "put more work in" while every attack I try, fails. When I counter, I get counter-countered and most of the time I could very well just put the controller down with all the unblockable crap being thrown at me by 1 button goers.

For first, I get teleported and a broomstick up my posterior whenever I try to "zone game".
For second, that's not AA. An AA move is considered one if you can take down somebody that's jumping at you - which Jade also can't do while most other characters have a move just against that. (Nightwolf's Hatchet is the best but teleporters can just teleport out of it.)
High boomerang just curves upwards at the very end and that makes it good against non teleporters, Sonyas ragequit on me for it and that makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

Kabal: Purple ball, ground saw. If you glow the purple ball, you get hit by ground saw. Or vice versa. If you move, he runs you down and you're gone.
But that's just one of them. Kano can throw 2 knives before you can glow once.

Sure there are. They are included in her blockstrings. Cage also has incredible range game and his kick is stronger than Jade's but his every move also leaves him at advantage on block. Like I said, Jade is weak.

It means that it's a bit overdone for Jade. They overestimated her strengths and her weaknesses cripple her too much.

Now we're talking. That's advice, rather than calling me things for having an opinion / feeling down because I keep losing with a character I like by personality and looks.

I only have about 2k games with her so far. Can I add you so we can discuss? I need somebody that can help me out with online, so far I only managed to talk to people who aren't maining her entirely, or are offline players, or aren't interested in sharing info, or have already quit the scene because they said MK9 sucks...

I apologize for hostility in advance. My Computer = biggest dick ever

Firstly, not every character has a teleport. Secondly, most teleports are punishable as well as easy to see coming when you start to zone. That is why when you think they are going to teleport, block and punish with a DB+2 or a B+2 into combo. And secondly, it can take out someone who is jumping at you. I do it all the time. It is an AA move, as it hits people who are jumping in at you. Making it curve up at the end doesn't make it good against teleporters. YOu are hitting them out of their teleport. The projectile doesn't matter.

That is why you BLOCK. If a Kabal throws them out at you, glow the purple ball and block the ground saw. If you move, block his dash. This opens up another combo for Jade while Kabal is stunned. And Kabal is fairly predictable as he doesn't have any good low starters or mixups. This makes his rushdown game not as deadly as you are passing it off to be. And obviously you must be fumbling with the input if you can't manage to glow before Kano throws a knife at you. Glow is instantaneous. There is no real startup frames to it. And the Glow was never meant to be absolute, that is why there is the magical block button.

Jade is FAR from weak. If you want weak, play Kabal or Sindel if you think Jade is weak. Jade can constantly pull 30% combos out of her ass that execute relatively quickly and has INSANE countering and zoning game. Not every character is going to be 100% flawless. Of course moves like JC's kick has advantage and whatever, that is what makes him a good rushdown game (one of the factors.) That is why you don't necessarily go rushdown all the time vs a rusher like JC. That is what her awesome zoning game is for. Jade doesn't have very many crippling weaknesses besides a lack of a great mixup game...

And I also want you to keep in mind that not all characters are for you. I am not saying that OMG YOU MUST EWSS JADE! SHE IZ LYK DEH BEAST!! Use who fits you and who you want to play as. I am just trying to encourage you not to drop a character because it is all that effort down the toilet.
Also, maybe considering maining/subbing 2 or three characters at a time... that way you aren't absolute with one playstyle, character, etc.

Granted that I am far from the LORD OF JADE. I just know her strengths and weaknesses... My playing with her isn't flawless...
And also granted, you will always win some and lose some... You can't win every match...
Oh and sure you can add me ;)

Thank you, Critical, please do...
Thank you, Broken, I've just gotten back from my walk, going to hit you up in a moment.
EDIT: Broken, it tells me to insert the mortal kombat disc when it clearly is in the machine... odd stuff.

Thank you, Critical, please do...
Thank you, Broken, I've just gotten back from my walk, going to hit you up in a moment.
EDIT: Broken, it tells me to insert the mortal kombat disc when it clearly is in the machine... odd stuff.

lmao
well I'll be on later today. My tv has been hijacked atm

I find I lose against those characters that spam the same move in your face over and over without any chance for you to retaliate such as kung lao, cage, etc. Simple fist combos like 12 12 12 12 over and over

I find I lose against those characters that spam the same move in your face over and over without any chance for you to retaliate such as kung lao, cage, etc. Simple fist combos like 12 12 12 12 over and over

In my experience: EX Glow, EX Glow, EX Glow. Counter all those little strings by activating EX Glow, taking a little damage, and countering with a full combo of your own. They'll either start hesitating and second guessing their pressure strings or they'll keep eating full combos off of EX Glow. Either way, you win. EX Glow is such a sick move. It counters everything but X-Rays, activates quickly, and has, at most, crazy low recovery frames (though Tom Brady talks about it like it has zero). Learning to use EX Glow, to me, is the biggest key to winning with Jade, followed closely by learning how to properly use her pokes (she's got great range).

In my experience: EX Glow, EX Glow, EX Glow. Counter all those little strings by activating EX Glow, taking a little damage, and countering with a full combo of your own. They'll either start hesitating and second guessing their pressure strings or they'll keep eating full combos off of EX Glow. Either way, you win. EX Glow is such a sick move. It counters everything but X-Rays, activates quickly, and has, at most, crazy low recovery frames (though Tom Brady talks about it like it has zero). Learning to use EX Glow, to me, is the biggest key to winning with Jade, followed closely by learning how to properly use her pokes (she's got great range).

Thank you, Magnum... I'm trying, I'm trying. Could you give me some tips on those pokes perhaps please? :) I mean I know how b3 2 or b3 cancel works, but 23f2 and f212 aren't among my most used moves as they tend to get me raEpD.

I like Jade. She's prolly my third or fourth best character. Fun to play against the spammers. There are some pretty easy BnB combos that can keep anyone in the game. And it's just fun to kick someone's ass with a purple bo staff.