I actually think MKDA was a half way descent game.

Who said it was a bad game? I thought most MK fans liked it. I think MKDA saved MK from going under from diasasters like MKM,MK4, and Special forces.

uh, even MK4 was better than every MK since MK4.

despite what "praise" i've given MKDA, in the whole scheme of things, the game blows. hard.

Who said it was a bad game? I thought most MK fans liked it. I think MKDA saved MK from going under from diasasters like MKM,MK4, and Special forces.

MK4 was superior to DA in every single way (except visuals).

And I don't know about everyone else, but the MK Deadly Alliance, Deception and Armageddon era was when I stopped giving a shit about MK.

I thought MK4 was quite decent, I reckon everyone hates it because after MK1 - 3 it was too much of a drastic change so it hit fans hard...I wasn't really a fan of Deadly Alliance and I hated Armageddon but I actually thought and still think Deception was a really good game. I mean i loved the Konquest mode it was the first time I felt like the MK Universe was huge I had a lot of fun with it

I thought MK4 was quite decent, I reckon everyone hates it because after MK1 - 3 it was too much of a drastic change so it hit fans hard...

While I actually agree with this, MK4 is one game that didn't age well at all. Most games from previous generations you can look at and even if they don't match up with current games you can see how they were something special at the time it came out. MK 4 looked like a tech demo rather than an actual finished game.

I'd make the case that MK 4 set the ball in motion for the divide that seems to exist among MK fans. There's the camp that basically hates all of the 3D games, and the camp (usually made up of people who's first MK exposure was MKDA or MKD) who think they are classic games of their era. The truth, like always, lies somewhere in the middle of course.

I adore MKDA. It's my favorite besides MKII. The Krypt was awesome. So many fun unlockables, like COOKING WITH SCORPION!!!

I adore MKDA. It's my favorite besides MKII. The Krypt was awesome. So many fun unlockables, like COOKING WITH SCORPION!!!

I loved that bit too!

Back on topic: I liked Deadly Alliance, it may not have been the best MK (in my opinion) on the PS2/Xbox systems but it was still fun to play.

I loved that bit too!

Back on topic: I liked Deadly Alliance, it may not have been the best MK (in my opinion) on the PS2/Xbox systems but it was still fun to play.

I dont know why, but im starting to think that im going to learn about choping

I almost want to play MKDA for Cooking with Scorpion and for no other reason. Quan Chi and Shang Tsung might have been lame, but at least they weren't Onaga or Blaze.

MKDA was one of my favorite Mortal Kombat games. I just love all the new features brought to the Mortal Kombat game especially the krypt making you want to play the game more and more to unlock everything. I also like how for once the bad guys end up succeeding in the end making the game have a darker and grittier approach by killing off Liu Kang in the beginning.

Yes, MK4 was a transitionary period of sorts. But I also agree that, MK4 has aged very well!! My God just imagine all the people playing MK4 of it were ported and became a multiplayer!!!! Wow, very fast. MK9 of sorts promises to be a very fast game with many combos, I guess the fans will be the judge of that on April 20th.

But TBH I am looking back on this thread I made, and I'm like, wth? I can't see me playing MKDA anymore. But yeah, things change, and sometimes things change back. So one day I may like MKDA. I don't know.

While I actually agree with this, MK4 is one game that didn't age well at all. Most games from previous generations you can look at and even if they don't match up with current games you can see how they were something special at the time it came out. MK 4 looked like a tech demo rather than an actual finished game.

I'd make the case that MK 4 set the ball in motion for the divide that seems to exist among MK fans. There's the camp that basically hates all of the 3D games, and the camp (usually made up of people who's first MK exposure was MKDA or MKD) who think they are classic games of their era. The truth, like always, lies somewhere in the middle of course.

I know I'm alone in the MK universe by absolutely hating MK3. I loved MK, loved loved LOVED MK2, but I couldn't stand MK3. Some of it was because of the cartoony look, some of it was the stupid new characters (cyber ninjas were ok, but I hated Stryker and Kabal), but most of it was because it seems like they took every suggestion made by 11 year olds and included them in the game. That wouldn't be so bad if they had done it right, but the animalities were absolutely HORRIBLE...not just the ideas, the execution was incredibly sloppy and each had like 3 frames of animation. It's also when the fatalities got incredibly lame and the mannequin body parts were just ridiculous. Add dial-a-combos, and I still think MK3 is the aboslute worst game in the series, bar none. But I know I'm pretty much alone in that thought.

I thought MK4 was a pretty decent step back in the right direction. I actually liked War Gods, so I was a little disappointed it wasn't more like that, but I was still relatively happy with MK4. MKDA, though, is what really brought MK into the next generation. I really liked it when it came out, but I did feel it was a little lacking. To me, though, what MKDA was really doing was setting the stage for Deception, which I REALLY enjoyed. You can say the engine was lacking all you want, but Deception had online play, and that was HUGE. It also had better fatalities, 2 for each character, and I liked hara kiris.

I thought the team really dropped the ball with Armageddon for one reason: the fatality system was terrible. Fine, you can say to a true MK fan, the fatalities shouldn't matter. But I would argue the opposite, fatalities are what really define MK and separate it from other fighting games, so to ruin them is to ruin the entire experience IMHO. I got Armageddon when it came out, but I only played it a little bit.

I think this new game is going to be the best of all worlds, MK2 sensibilities with modern graphics. Of course, I've been wildly excited about every MK game since the first and have more often than not left a little disappointed. MK2 and Deception are the exceptions, and I hope this new one will be as well. No matter what, I'm still an MK fan for life and will support the team no matter what they do. Why, you ask? Because Mortal Kombat came out my freshman year of college. I thought I had outgrown video games and when I saw Sub rip that spine out, I said, "This is what they're doing in video games now??????" and it brought me back to gaming at a time when I thought I was done with it. For that, I will always be grateful.

I loved MKDA it was the last MK game...well the last of any game that I was extremely excited for its release...other then the new MK coming out which Ive never been this excited for! For me I liked how they were trying to incorporate real martial arts that exist now, even though half the moves ended up being the same thing with different names lol I still really enjoyed it especially the arenas and the attires it was the first Mortal Kombat to really seperate and distinguish all the fighters and give them a real personality just based on their attire not just storylines.

The Krypt was also probably the single best thing ive seen out of any game. All the extra content was a real treat.

Quan Chi was also alot better looking of a character from MK4 I even liked his MK4 attire better in Alliance probably due to better graphics. This is how Quan Chi became my second favorite character he had an awsome move set and some pretty nasty combos. I remember slaughtering my friends with Quan Chi's combos. His only downfall was a terrible fatality.

So overall this was an awsome game for me! I just loved all of it minus 1 or 2 fatalities

P.S For the record NO I did not start with MKDA I actually got into the series starting with Mortal Kombat 1

Last edited:
I thought MKDA was great as a game altogether. I spent hours upon hours trying to complete Konquest, even more hours unlocking things in the Krypt, and even more hours beating Arcade with all the characters. But I do think that MKD was a LOT better. It had better characters, better arenas, better Konquest, death traps, mini games, and it had a much darker feel. So I think MKD was the best of all the 3D games by far.

Not gonna lie, I pretty much had fun with every title when they first came out. I really liked DA at the time since there was such a huge gap from mk4 and was a complete overhaul for the gameplay. The kript was also another huge plus. Armageddon was only fun for about five minutes though lol even though I thought they were fun at the time, I could never go back and play those ones now though.

DA's music was awesome, I like it mostly bc the game surprised me as well bc i had no idea there was an MK out. It kept me entertained for a good while. I still have it ranked pretty low compared to other MK's but i still enjoyed it