Guilty Gear Xrd

C-Sword

New game, using the Unreal Engine.

SQEx8CM.png

F A BlazBlue, GG FTW!

I'll be playing blazblue and this.

Now i'm gonna wait for when the gameplay is easier to execute and somehow everyone is 100% ok with it >.>;

everyone's main reason for hating blazblue that were GG lovers only was "the block stun is weird and it's made too easy"

That's a weird excuse, could you tell the difference in both games?

I like blazblue better simply because I could execute what I wanted to execute with more consistency. making the game hard just for the sake of making it hard I don't like. It has to be hard only because of things like cancelling and exploiting tools.

I wont lie Im really considering on picking this up because that song is just so badass it put me in the mood to try a GG game:)

that's actually the reason alot of people I know like the game 10x more LOL.

Blazblue/Guilty Gear have sick metalish music.

Lol thats awesome:)

I wont bullshit when I say I have never played a GG or a BB game in my life I mean it. I hear many good things about it tho. I just have one question. How is it game play-wise is it more like SF is it more like Tekken or does it fall into its own category???

I like blazblue better simply because I could execute what I wanted to execute with more consistency. making the game hard just for the sake of making it hard I don't like. It has to be hard only because of things like cancelling and exploiting tools.

Translation: I wun stuhf E-Z Mod tuh whin! :rolleyes:

No, lol. I understand where you're coming from. If I were to make a comparison to relate to your post would it be like Skarlet compared to the MK cast in Execution?

Translation: I wun stuhf E-Z Mod tuh whin! :rolleyes:

No, lol. I understand where you're coming from. If I were to make a comparison to relate to your post would it be like Skarlet compared to the MK cast in Execution?

I play skarlet I can handle that... guilty gear is harder to handle than skarlet.

but to be fair, Fox is harder to handle than anything in Guilty Gear, and I play fox... albeit not perfectly. But I don't really have a right to bash how execution heavy it is, when I play a character in SSBM that's probably the most technical character ever.

Lol thats awesome:)

I wont bullshit when I say I have never played a GG or a BB game in my life I mean it. I hear many good things about it tho. I just have one question. How is it game play-wise is it more like SF is it more like Tekken or does it fall into its own category???

GG and BB combine elements of Capcom and SNK fighting games along with a few twists of their own.

For example: Like KoF, there is a great variety of aerial trajectory in jumps from short hops to long jumps. Air dashing, which was used by a few characters in Darkstalkers, is useable by most characters in BB/GG. Double and triple jumps is also accessible to most characters. The sum of all parts make it a game that has more air mobility than most fighting games.

The cast of GG and BB are on the small side, but all characters have unique traits and abilities that make them vastly different from one another. There are more conventional for those who don't want to waste time on weird gimmicks; while other characters are really out there, among the more creative fighting game characters in the way they are played.

Last edited:
Words cannot express how much I love guilty gear. I get completely in the zone when I play and can play for hours on end when i'm playing with somebody who really knows what they're doing. Guilty gear was my first ever fighting game and its the reason I rarely have any execution problems. I am hype for sure!

Holy shit!!! Can't wait for it to come out once I get the new generation console. I love the game since XX Accent Core (my main for GG is Sol Badguy), plus it fits my gameplay style with all its functions and fast-paced action.

Having a blast with the demo, will pick this up day one, might actually be the best fighting game for 2014-2015.

If you guys are on the fence about GG Xrd, i've been streaming the demo almost 2 days straight, its amazing! Though ima huge GG fan, but even if you're not you should give it a try Xrd is much different graphics wise, it looks amazing!

Im even getting the japanese version 5th of December for PS4, its all in japanese and I wont understand shlt though its that good lol

The only 2 problems I have with GGXrd are:

- It is Playstation 3/4 only. I bought an Xbone because of Killer Instinct, so no PS4 GGXrd for me! Luckily I have a PS3, so that's the version I'll get. The only difference is that PS4 is 1080p and PS3 is 720p. I can live with that.

- There are alot of characters missing. Testament (one of my faves), Bridget, Baiken, Anji, ABA, Dizzy, Jam, Johnny, Zappa... I hope there will be a DLC pack with those characters, because that's alot of characters to leave behind. :/

Otherwise, GGXrd looks amazing! Can't wait to get it and play as Millia again, my fave of the franchise. ^^