Guilty Gear Xrd

The only 2 problems I have with GGXrd are:

- It is Playstation 3/4 only. I bought an Xbone because of Killer Instinct, so no PS4 GGXrd for me! Luckily I have a PS3, so that's the version I'll get. The only difference is that PS4 is 1080p and PS3 is 720p. I can live with that.

- There are alot of characters missing. Testament (one of my faves), Bridget, Baiken, Anji, ABA, Dizzy, Jam, Johnny, Zappa... I hope there will be a DLC pack with those characters, because that's alot of characters to leave behind. :/

Otherwise, GGXrd looks amazing! Can't wait to get it and play as Millia again, my fave of the franchise. ^^

Yes this is true, though I'm sure at one point they are going to add a few DLC characters.
Everyone is pissed about Jam not being in (dunno why probably because its a waifu)

About Johnny I can imagine people being angry, a few EVO players had him as a main.

Regardless I still recommend people trying out GG Xrd as it is the best Guilty Gear untill now, its got everything from GG, GG XX, GGXX A^+ But perfected.

The street release date got lifted. You guys can go into Gamestop and pick it up right now.

This game easily has the worst lobby system I've ever seen.

It forces you to select a character before you even connect with other players. Even in player matches! At least Tekken Tag 2 was smart enough to allow you to swap characters in lobbies. But if you want to change you need to drop your place in the queue and open a separate menu. Which also turns your cursor into an avatar of the person you selected. Meaning there is no blind pick.

Ranked is the same exact way. I don't see why they thought it was necessary to make it this difficult.

Game itself is still a blast to play though. So I just stick to player matches with dudes on SRK

Dudes peep the comba I just made.

I'm new to the game, so I don't know how efficient it is.

Well judging from the use of meter and the percentage of health being lost, I say that is a perfect game ender combo.
Hell even before you used the second bar it was doing great damage for like 40% health.

Quick question:was the demo a timed release thing cause I can't download it on PS4

You gain meter really fast in this game. Almost Marvel fast.
But the dude I did it on has really low health to begin with :laugh:

I know nothing of the demo.

Then like I said a good damaging combo without the second bar and a round ender with the second bar.
I don't know if it was practice or what but I didn't see you gain any meter from that combo

Damn on the demo then.

Dudes peep the comba I just made.

I'm new to the game, so I don't know how efficient it is.

Dude thats nice! Im also a venom player! If you use J.236S rc J236S instead of his Overdrive it will do more damage! You can even pull off a double head morbid with H after that, try it man.

For people who don't know GG an BB as well as persona use numpad to talk directional input.

Look at the numpad 5 being neutral. 2 being down ect.

So 236 is quarter circle forward.

For people who don't know GG an BB as well as persona use numpad to talk directional input.

Look at the numpad 5 being neutral. 2 being down ect.

So 236 is quarter circle forward.

Yes I thought it was shorter to explain, thanks for telling everyone.
Putting that in normal words would create a huge wall of text lol

Couple of more combos I found

I have yet to settle on a main. I barely scratched the surface of this game.

Okay, I've been looking into this game. I'm intrigued by the characters and art style. But the only fighting game I got into was MK. I play Soul Calibur every now and then. I guess my question is this: is the game easy to grasp? I also figured it would hold me over til MKX comes out.

Game is far from easy. There are a shit ton of game mechanics that you need to learn, and high damage combos require some precise execution. If you've never played an air dashing fighting game before then defending is going to be hell for you.

It's really fun though.

Okay. I'll probably pick it up when it gets a bit cheaper. I tried MvC3 and Street Fighter, but I never got "good" at either of them from the time I put into them. But I still want to find other fighting games other than MK.