Favorite Album Covers

cover.jpg

album4085.jpg

I love this one for some reason. Very creative

fork with an eyeball through it, on top of shattered glass over newspaper.
This one ranks up there high as my favorite album covers

Lol so much metal in here :laugh:
Sorry to rain on anyone's parade, but here are just a few of mine:

This is a long drive for someone with nothing to think about by Modest Mouse
This-Is-a-Long-Drive-for-Someone-with-Nothing-to-Think-About.jpg

Numbers and Mumbles by Say Hi to Your Mom
103966.jpg

Ancient melodies of the future by Built to Spill:
6ZL5X7AUQ6BL6IFH5BNZDV2F565JMUPY.jpg

Silent Alarm by Bloc Party
album-silent-alarm.jpg

Trompe Le Monde by the Pixies:
pixies-trompe_le_monde-frontal.jpg

and

Good news for people who love bad news by Modest Mouse (and the album cover was actually a real photograph, nothing was added by photoshop or any other means. The shadow of the humming bird on the wall is actually part of the picture, as well. Everything in this photo/album cover is authentic.)
cd-cover.jpg

I've got quite a few...

killers.jpg

metallica-kill-em-all.jpg

dio-holy-diver.jpg

judas-priest-british-steel-1980.jpg

23180.jpg

Van_Halen_-_Van_Halen.jpg

And, as you can see on my avatar...
megadeth_-_rust_in_peace-front.jpg

And I probably would've put the KISS Destroyer album cover on here if not for the person above me...

Last edited:

That cover was OJ Simpson 6 years before OJ Simpson...it's also the most recent Metallica album I will listen to.

This used to be my favorite Megadeth album...until I got Rust In Peace. I still want to get the 25th anniversary box set, though (if only for the vinyl albums).

I don't follow rap, but I did hear about a rap album that came under fire for its working title being the N-word, and it ultimately got released as an untitled album. Is this one the album in question?

You know, I've always associated Anthrax as the comic relief of thrash metal. And how can you not like the Pentathrax?

too much thrash here, time to stir things up

0b5eb6c9d8.jpg

I want this image to haunt my dreams because I am so fascinated by it, but it never does. If this is what hell looks like, then let me in

godflesh_love_and_hate_in_dub.jpg

by the same band, another eerie image involving crosses. This one incorporating a souless industrial type setting looming in the background. Which I find, can be a great form of art

this band is known for their dark, nihilistic and doomy sound, and these covers reflect that.

Portrait-of-an-American-Family.jpg

this one still kinda disturbs me to this day. And it's mainly because It reminds me alot of this house I use to go to when I was young. And it's even scarier that this kid's stepmom looks exactly like the fat b!tch in this cover and she was always smoking on the couch as well. And I eventually grew to hate this ****ing kid that lived in that house that looks like this cover. Whenever I think of him, the kid smiling kid on the left is always what I think of, cause he was a ****ing creepy little spaz.

Portrait-of-an-American-Family.jpg

this one still kinda disturbs me to this day. And it's mainly because It reminds me alot of this house I use to go to when I was young. And it's even scarier that this kid's stepmom looks exactly like the fat b!tch in this cover and she was always smoking on the couch as well. And I eventually grew to hate this ****ing kid that lived in that house that looks like this cover. Whenever I think of him, the kid smiling kid on the left is always what I think of, cause he was a ****ing creepy little spaz.

I loved that album and cover, and that house reminds me a babysitters house. Not the family just the interior....

Either way, Ohgr's Devils in my Details is one of my favorite covers. The intricate design is amazing.

ohgr.jpg

Lol so much metal in here :laugh:
Sorry to rain on anyone's parade, but here are just a few of mine:

Numbers and Mumbles by Say Hi to Your Mom
103966.jpg
well, I like alot of different styles of album art, not just violent metal ones. But I never really cared for Indie album art because they always seem to look exactly like this one to me. I dont know, they just arent creative enough to me for the most part and look to similar.

TaBB3rnackle92 said:
This is a long drive for someone with nothing to think about by Modest Mouse
This-Is-a-Long-Drive-for-Someone-with-Nothing-to-Think-About.jpg
but this one I actually like though. It seems like something I would love to take a photo of, and the colors give it a cold and surreal feeling. I love it

Last edited:
Is everyone on this board a metalhead?
So many faves, here are a few:
samhain_initium1.jpg

r-2328193-12778065841.jpeg

This one is a spoof of The Beatles "Let it be." From a band called Death Breath
Death_Breath_-_Let_It_Stink.jpg

-Yup that is the "untitled" album from Nas. Easily one of the best and unfortunately underrated rap albums since...well ever. I've grown a strong distaste for most rap music, but I always find myself going back to this album.

The Nas debacle reminds me of when Van Halen wanted to simply title their 1991 album with the infamous F-word. Back in those days, censorship in music was a hot-button topic, with the PMRC and whatnot, and then-VH frontman Sammy Hagar wanted to push that particular issue by simply naming the album "****". However, that particular album was re-titled when Hagar learned from a friend that the F-word was an acronym for "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge", so that ended up being the title for their 1991 album.

Last edited:
obscura-cosmogenesis.jpg

Love me some outer-spacey shit.

immolation_dawnofpossession.jpg

piece_of_strange_cover.jpg

Cunninlynguists-Oneirology.jpg

And now my favorite album:

CYNIC-TRACEDINTHEAIR.jpg

I cannot find a more beautiful sounding album than this. This to me is perfection.

Last edited: