Ed Boon Announces No More DLC for Mortal Kombat 9

TerryMasters

ao020.png

This has been unofficially known for a while. Boon has said as much several times that the 4 characters already released were going to be the only DLC planned.

saw this coming, you had to be a fool to think otherwise

MK9's DLC was nothing special or groundbreaking, I dont know why everyone had the impression that it was going to be huge and bigger than most games that have DLC. It was a short simple DLC. And once it was finished, they were done with it for good

I guess we can only hope that NRS takes online more serious in their next instalment

Last edited:
A better question would be "will there be a Ultimate MK 9?"

And i totally agree with your statement will there be an UMK9? I honestly believe there will but its too early in the process to even think about announcing it. If Ed boon had mentioned that they do not plan on releasing anymore dlc for MK9 as it says on this tweet but then he mentioned on another tweet that they still plan to continue to support MK9 what other solution than an UMK9? There is just so much they can still do for MK9 like more characters brutalities, animalities, friendships, more stages that didnt make an appearance in MK9 but were part of MK1-UMK3 playable bosses including Motaro. There is just so much they can still do with MK9.

Well thats Official then.... MK is DEAD!

AWW, And here it was Game of The Year! And they go and Blow it!

Well i guess it's so long MK!

U had ur Run and u let it go to waste!

Nuff Said!

By: DCS

Well thats Official then.... MK is DEAD!

AWW, And here it was Game of The Year! And they go and Blow it!

Well i guess it's so long MK!

U had ur Run and u let it go to waste!

Nuff Said!

By: DCS

MK9 is far from DEAD.
Especially with it being the revival that MK needed in the competitive scene.

I'd rather see a Terrordome fighting game with all horror movies icons, instead of placing them all in MK.
They just don't fit well with the MK lore, IMO.

Take away the fact that they kill, and what do they have in common with MK characters?
NOTHING!

ultimate mk9 is never going to happen...ever. basically, they're going to milk you with the mk vita game, and any new characters, or asked for characters will appear in that title, and in mk10, which will probably be on the next console cycle. anything mk related beyond that will not be a traditional fighting game. mk10, 2014, most likely.
Sounds like a great plan.;)

I say mk10 in 2013 it doesn't take that long to make a sequel using the same engine anymore.

This sucks dick, but I already had the feeling.
But, I do believe it's for the best.
We don't need 6 more characters and shit, save some for the next MK.. you know?

A better question would be "will there be a Ultimate MK 9?"

I would think the better question would be Why? Did MK9 meet sales expectations? I would say yes. Was it received well by both critics and the public? I would say yes again. Did MK9 DLC sell well? I don't know, and I doubt anyone outside NRS/WB knows. If it did, what could be the reason for not continuing support? Does WB have them working on a new non-MK game? I hope not.

I would think the better question would be Why? Did MK9 meet sales expectations? I would say yes. Was it received well by both critics and the public? I would say yes again. Did MK9 DLC sell well? I don't know, and I doubt anyone outside NRS/WB knows. If it did, what could be the reason for not continuing support? Does WB have them working on a new non-MK game? I hope not.

Just tossing this out there.

Boon did mention that DLC sales were really good.

future gen is 14 or 15 we'll get mk10 at 13 and i bet it will be playable on the future gen