Cyber Sub-Zero Thread - "You Are Not So Fearsome!"

(First Post)

I'm a noobie at playing CSZ but I'm training with him to get better (he is going to be one of my mains)..
But when I look at some of the combo's in the thread I see sometimes a 'xx' where does that stand for??
Is that a waiting time or something..

And sorry if I type something wrong, but I'm from the Netherlands and my English isn't that great..

(First Post)

I'm a noobie at playing CSZ but I'm training with him to get better (he is going to be one of my mains)..
But when I look at some of the combo's in the thread I see sometimes a 'xx' where does that stand for??
Is that a waiting time or something..

And sorry if I type something wrong, but I'm from the Netherlands and my English isn't that great..

nah your english is better then some americans :p

xx means cancel, something you probably already do without thinking. its when a string can be "canceled" into a special. a example is 1,2xx iceball...you input 1,2 then quickly the command for iceball, you will execute the iceball faster. this doesnt work on every string for every char, and other strings just the last one isnt cancelable so you can do part of the string then do the special.

another example of a somewhat difficult csz cancel is u+4 (jump+4)xxslide...its difficult because you have to input the slide command very fast.

hope this helps.

Hi my dear CSZ users.
I got problems playing against your fridge using my brother JC....I just don't find a correct strategy that I can apply to win this matchup (I'm talking about matches between very good players, that know what they are doing).
Any tips? :)

good things to know is all 3 of his main strings are safe on block. 332, 34, and 1,2,1+2

maybe lowpoke if he goes thru his entire popup combo thru block? or low block as he can put in a slide after block.

while csz is strong you should be able to outfootsie/rush him, specially if you know any of jc's frametraps as right now csz is only known to have one frametrap damage reset.

Since Ive about had it with baraka online I decided to try cyber sub for a bit.

A couple combos I came up with:

Corner: 3,4 3,4 3,4 1,1,1 9 hits 34%
3,4 Slide 4 hits 20%
3,4 EXslide 4 hits 23%
2,1, 1+2 3,4 3,4 7 hits 30% (probably could do 3 3,4s but cant pull it off yet)
Corner: j2,2,1 Ice ball 2,1,2+1 X-ray- 50% 10 hits
More practical X-ray combo- j2,2,1 ice ball X-ray
Dont know if these are repeats but sorry if they are

Last edited:
I think you guys mean 2,1,1+2 :p

That u4,slide ender is getting me in trouble. It whiffs alot and CSZ is very vulnerable afterwards. Any alternatives for ending combos?

I think you guys mean 2,1,1+2 :p

That u4,slide ender is getting me in trouble. It whiffs alot and CSZ is very vulnerable afterwards. Any alternatives for ending combos?

in all honesty id say practice. its all about how fast you cancel out of the dash which will determine how far you are away from the descending player. i rarely miss it nowadays and it IS the easiest one. the only other one is doing a double dash into another 2,1,1+2. i can get the u+4xxslide but that double dash into 2,1,1+2 is a major pain in my ass...that and u+4 is less button presses and thus less chance of breaker, they do the same damage.

in all honesty id say practice. its all about how fast you cancel out of the dash which will determine how far you are away from the descending player. i rarely miss it nowadays and it IS the easiest one. the only other one is doing a double dash into another 2,1,1+2. i can get the u+4xxslide but that double dash into 2,1,1+2 is a major pain in my ass...that and u+4 is less button presses and thus less chance of breaker, they do the same damage.
Thing is, I would rather practice with a safer combo even if it means it's harder and does less damage. When the U4 whiffs, your opponent can get up and punish you. And let's face it, online there is no consistency with combos. Even offline I drop combos every now and then.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's worthless. I just like playing safe and I really don't need another headache to go along with those ice bombs popping out after a dash-3.

Thing is, I would rather practice with a safer combo even if it means it's harder and does less damage. When the U4 whiffs, your opponent can get up and punish you. And let's face it, online there is no consistency with combos. Even offline I drop combos every now and then.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's worthless. I just like playing safe and I really don't need another headache to go along with those ice bombs popping out after a dash-3.

i do not know any shorter/less damaging kombos actually. its either the double dash double 2,1,1+2 or the U+4. just try to figure what you can do after the first 2,1,1+2 and find something you like imo. maybe youd have a easier time with the double dash one...but i couldnt get it down for the life of me.

I'll see if I can find the time to train with him. I bought Kenshi and I still can't do anything with him because I play with a bunch of other characters :p

a zoning strategy
if you find yourself fullscreen from your opponent block so as your opponent will do the same(unless its one of the following who have unblockables scorpion noob and nightwolf
next throw a mid ice bomb, then a far one pay alot of attention to what your opponent does, four things could happen next depending on your opponent
1. Your opponent will teleport. If this happens just be realy attentive and block then punish
2. your opponent will get hit by a bomb and not get frozen but atleast receive 8%, if this happens just throw the bombs in the same order because one way or another you will get a free hit
3. your opponent will get frozen from either bomb, now you get your free juggle, if you think your opponent is too far away just teleport and use a combo that both catches your opponent and doesnt use another free ice hit 121+2, dash, f14 does decent damage
4. your opponent will jump the bombs, now as fast as posible do the EX ice beam , if you dont have meter you can still use a regular ice ball, and same like the last time combo time :D

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone posted this already but i notice its not in the combo section.

Easy 29% combo: j.2, 2,1 xx Ice Ball, f+1,4
OR: 27% combo: j.1, 1,1 xx Ice Ball, f+1,4

Not sure if anyone posted this already but i notice its not in the combo section.

Easy 29% combo: j.2, 2,1 xx Ice Ball, f+1,4
OR: 27% combo: j.1, 1,1 xx Ice Ball, f+1,4

dude, you can do..

j.2, 2,1 xx Ice Ball, ((((2,1,1+2,)))) f+1,4

a good tip for beginners,
you can combo into his xray with b+3,2 xray.

there's other ways too..

btw i noticed, in the xray combo's you have listed, the first one and the third one are exactly the same bar one JiP in the middle of it. there's aot of similiar things like that, should clean it up.

just a thought.

Last edited:
a good tip for beginners,
you can combo into his xray with b+3,2 xray.

there's other ways too..

btw i noticed, in the xray combo's you have listed, the first one and the third one are exactly the same bar one JiP in the middle of it. there's aot of similiar things like that, should clean it up.

just a thought.

Here's a thought: NO.

j/k haha, will definitely get to it.

dude, you can do..

j.2, 2,1 xx Ice Ball, ((((2,1,1+2,)))) f+1,4

Yeah i hate those combos with 1+2 type moves since i have to kinda tilt the controller to press those 2 buttons at the same time. My thumb can hit both buttons without tilting it but it seems to never work for me lol. Is there any kinda trick to making it easier?

Hey Thirteenth Order, that second combo there is 29% not 21% 7 Hits: j.2, 2,1 xx Ice Ball, f+1,4

Just a heads up. Not trying to be a dick or anything lol.