Compatibility pack #4.

Which pair of MK3 Characters will be in Costume Pack #4?

• Sub-Zero

Votes: 98 63.2%
  • Reptile

Votes: 40 25.8%
  • Ermac

Votes: 24 15.5%
  • Scorpion

Votes: 73 47.1%
  • I don't think they will use another pair of palette swaps.

Votes: 42 27.1%

• Total voters
I put that down to little hype, no confirmation of future release plans and a division forming in the community.

They said the Freddy DLC was coming a week later (3 week gap instead of 2 weeks) because of extra marketing, and a whole week has gone by without any new publicity - just a couple of independant interviews with Boon.

Also, no future releases are set in stone (at least not that we're aware of). There may be a feeling that there is nothing new left to look forward to - we just hope that there will be.

Finally, Freddy himself is now getting comparatively little attention. Some people want him, but some others are talking of other potential guests instead. And all this is pissing off some of the MK-only crowd (including me :p ).
Yeah, I guess you're right. So, with Freddy being hyped as the "last" DLC character, it's looking like the time to start seriously speculating about MK10 might come a little sooner than we think?

Yeah, I guess you're right. So, with Freddy being hyped as the "last" DLC character, it's looking like the time to start seriously speculating about MK10 might come a little sooner than we think?

I hope not. This game is only 3 months old. It's possible that the talk of extended DLC support may have been just marketing hype, but this game should at least have some legs. I'm hoping that competitive players will see the game continue past the EVO tournament. Perhaps UMK9 may show up eventually.

In any case, it's way too early for us to start thinking of MK10.

It has been confirmed (not that it needed, since otherwise you wouldn't be able to fight Freddy online without buying it), and we've already learned that Unmasked Subby will come with pack. And the other classic skin included will probably be MK2 Mileena.

And the other classic skin included will probably be MK2 Mileena.

That doesn't fit the pattern of previous releases. The other packs each included 2 identical costumes for a plausible tag team, and Mileena/Skarlet are not in the next pack.

If the next release follows the same pattern, the other costume is likely for Scorpion.

I would've said Smoke, but his human form has already been accommodated in these free packs, and a Cyber variant is obviously not identical to Sub-Zero's costume.

Slowly loosing hope for Robo-Smoke, I think it'll rather be Inferno Scorpion (the sam concept as unmasked Sub-Zero - mostly based on UMK3 ninja outfit but with skull istead of mask/hood).

T.Brady didn't confirmed Robo-Smoke but said that IF R-Smoke is to be in the game, he will apper as alternative costume (not as separate character), correct me if I'm wrong.

Of course I'd like to Cyber Smoke instead of anyone else.

I hope not. This game is only 3 months old. It's possible that the talk of extended DLC support may have been just marketing hype, but this game should at least have some legs. I'm hoping that competitive players will see the game continue past the EVO tournament. Perhaps UMK9 may show up eventually.

In any case, it's way too early for us to start thinking of MK10.

Dear god no to UMK9. There is no excuse for Re-Releases in the age of DLC and we've seen how hard people rage towards it. Look at UMvC. I'd rather them devote time to an entirely new game if they're not doing DLC than to do a re-release.

Slowly loosing hope for Robo-Smoke, I think it'll rather be Inferno Scorpion (the sam concept as unmasked Sub-Zero - mostly based on UMK3 ninja outfit but with skull istead of mask/hood).

T.Brady didn't confirmed Robo-Smoke but said that IF R-Smoke is to be in the game, he will apper as alternative costume (not as separate character), correct me if I'm wrong.

Of course I'd like to Cyber Smoke instead of anyone else.

I don't care a lot for Cyber Smoke, prefer to see Reptile MK3 skin as dlc but don't count a lot at T.Brady because if i remember right he was the guy who laugh and disconfirm Freddy as dlc when the rumors started.

Dear god no to UMK9. There is no excuse for Re-Releases in the age of DLC and we've seen how hard people rage towards it. Look at UMvC. I'd rather them devote time to an entirely new game if they're not doing DLC than to do a re-release.

I agree

Who said UMK9 (if it were to exist) couldn't be released as DLC? It would actually be better if it came as a DLC update to MK9 and a new "complete" disc-based edition. That caters to 2 markets - existing players and potential newcomers. And all this gives an old game new life.

I'd hope for a complete UMK3 ninja pack, but I doubt it will ever happen (for free..) so, it must be unmasked sub and scorpion!
I don't dig the flaming skull idea so much, instead.. it could be a masked Scorpion but with a skull underneath his mask, like his UMK3/MKT character selection icon.

scorpion_umk3.gif

I HIGHLY DOUBT they'll release Scorpion with his mask off and

just because brady was a tester doesn't mean he's a reliable source. just sayin. . .