Compatibility pack #4.

Which pair of MK3 Characters will be in Costume Pack #4?

• Sub-Zero

Votes: 98 63.2%
  • Reptile

Votes: 40 25.8%
  • Ermac

Votes: 24 15.5%
  • Scorpion

Votes: 73 47.1%
  • I don't think they will use another pair of palette swaps.

Votes: 42 27.1%

• Total voters

RodozUl

Well guys, I'm telling you what I'm thinking it will be the 4th compatibility pack.

FACTS:

1. All the compatibility packs had a pair of clones whose are palette swaps.
Pack 1: Cyber Ninjas
Pack 2: MK2 Male Ninjas
Pack 3: MK2 Female Ninjas

2. None of the compatibility packs have repeated any kind of costume, but they are only creating costumes of ninja palette swaps, so we should discard the following:

MK1 Ninjas (Costume Pack #1)
MK2 Male Ninjas (Compatibility Pack #2. Sub-zero, Scorpion, Reptile surely will be in a new Costume Pack because they are pretty popular)
MK2 Female Ninjas (Compatibility Pack #3. Mileena will be in another costume pack, maybe the same that will include the remaining MK2 Male Ninjas, Skarlet also is a posibility but Boon does not seem eager to add hers.)
MK3 Female Ninjas. (All included in Costume Pack #1)
MK3 Cyber Ninjas (Compatibility Pack #1).

CONCLUSION:

The only possibility remaining of bringing some new costumes and use the palette swap trend is one.

Compatibility pack #3 will include a pair of MK3 Male Ninjas.

Noob and Smoke already appeared in a Compatibility Pack, Rain is a DLC (the costumes must be playable for everyone), so the only ones that could be included here are: Sub-Zero (Classic and masked), Scorpion, Ermac and Reptile.

Subby and Scorpion are way too popular so I think they will be downloadable using some cash.

My bet is: Reptile and Ermac, UMK3 suits, in Compatibility Pack#4

What do you think?

Last edited:
For every pair of DLC Kostumes, the two characters have had something to do with each other [Noob&Smoke.Cyrax&Sektor.Jade&Kitana]

So I'd put my money on it being UMK3 Sub-Zero and UMK3 Scorpion, for obvious reasons.
or..
MK3 Sub-zero as a klassic for CSZ, and UMK3 SZ as a klassic for human SZ.

Ermac and Reptile both were hidden chars in MK1 xD
Both worked for Shao Kahn, both are of the evil aligment.

but Subbie and Scorpion together would be badass =)

that's why I'm so doubtful. :p

I think that if they would include something like a Cyber smoke, they would create a completely new character and not only leave him as a simple skin for Smoke. Also, if you want they to create specifically an unmasked sub-zero for free... I'm also too doubtful.

I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see them, I would love to see them, but I'm just being realistic according to what I've seen they have been doing here. Here we will see a palette swap of some classic ninja outfit.

I'm not gonna get into my personal feelings on UMK3 Subby, but I don't really see him being released as a compatibility pack freebie for one simple reason: he's not a palette swap. To make him would require more work than NRS has put into any of the other freebies and I don't see that. That doesn't necessarily mean he'll never show up, just that I very seriously doubt it'll be for free.

All that being said, if I had to speculate on who the next two free costumes will be, I do see a very valid possibility in MK3 Cyber alts for Smoke and Cyber Sub-Zero. Tom Brady has said Cyber-Smoke is going to be a costume, not a full-blown character and while that's not gospel, that guy is a pretty damn solid source. They have a connection (Lin Kuei runaways and the whole cyber swap dealio), Cyber-Smoke has been called for extensively despite being harshly criticized by many as inferior to the human form NRS has given us (though a alternate costume isn't the way a number of people would like to see him), and in addition to all that it would quiet the irritation many MK fans have directed toward Cyber Sub-Zero's lacking an alternate costume.

Just my two cents.

PS - Could you edit in an "Other" option in your poll that doesn't exclude palette-swaps. I can't imagine they won't go with palette swaps, but I don't think it'll be any of the listed choices either lol. Pretty please??

EDIT:
Ermac and Reptile both were hidden chars in MK1 xD

Ermac was technically just a glitch, plus that was addressed when NRS gave him an MKI classic. There's no connection between Reptile and Ermac that would sell me on UMK3 outfits for them meshing. Maybe I'm missing something though lol.

I alwyas that the next pack would be Cyber Smoke and UMK3 SZ but with the similarities you could have a point with the UMK3 Scorpion and UMK3 SZ.

I think that if they would include something like a Cyber smoke, they would create a completely new character and not only leave him as a simple skin for Smoke. Also, if you want they to create specifically an unmasked sub-zero for free... I'm also too doubtful.

I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see them, I would love to see them, but I'm just being realistic according to what I've seen they have been doing here. Here we will see a palette swap of some classic ninja outfit.

Tom Brady confirmed Cyber Smoke will be a skin and if they are just going to palate swap him and tweak his moves, they should have enough time to make an unmasked Sub Zero

Guys... Here we are not talking of our wishes... I'm trying to be realistic. Come on.. do you really believe they will create two different skins for this one? for free? I'm really doubtful

MK3 Ninjas isn't my greatest desire... I would prefer to see Stryker and Kabal costumes... but I know that this WON'T HAPPEN in this pack.

Guys... Here we are not talking of our wishes... I'm trying to be realistic. Come on.. do you really believe they will create two different skins for this one? for free? I'm really doubtful

MK3 Ninjas isn't my greatest desire... I would prefer to see Stryker and Kabal costumes... but I know that this WON'T HAPPEN in this pack.

Sadly, I share your pragmatism here lol. I'd love to get some free non-palette swaps, but I can't imagine that happening. Hopefully they'll release some cool costume packs in the future at a reasonable price, maybe I'll go for that.

I do believe NRS knows we are tired of pallet swap costumes and will bring us another character's costumes from UMK3.

Maybe Shang Tsung and Quan Chi will get their skins from UMK3-MK4 respectively, but my 2 cents are on Sonya and Jax, as I said.

I do believe NRS knows we are tired of pallet swap costumes and will bring us another character's costumes from UMK3.

Maybe Shang Tsung and Quan Chi will get their skins from UMK3-MK4 respectively, but my 2 cents are on Sonya and Jax, as I said.

While that may be true, that doesn't really change the fiscal side of things. Palette swaps are cheap to produce and thus less money is sunk into giving away shit for free. I doubt we'll see much in the way of fully unique individual costumes for free. I hope I'm wrong, but it just doesn't seem quite kosher to me.

As much as I would love your bet (UMK3 Ermac is my dream), I believe it will be Subby & Scorp first.

You never know since there is a big demand for them maybe Ermac will come first since he isnt AS demanded. I imagine Scorp and Subby for a paid DLC pack.